2008 NSW DARRELL HOLT & CLASSIC CHALLENGE ROLL-OFFS

HOLT NSW

To All Bowlers it's that time of the year again :D

The 2008 NSW DARRELL HOLT and CLASSIC CHALLENGE ROLL-OFFS will be conducted on:

Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th MARCH 2008 at WINDSOR TENPIN BOWL

So get those entries in to be apart of the best ever experience you will ever have

Nomination Forms are to be mailed to:

SUE JONES
129 BOMBAY ST
LIDCOMBE NSW 2141

with a Non Refundable Nomination Fee of $50.00

Payments can ONLY be made by Cheque or Money Order payable to: NSW HOLT CHALLENGE

Nominations will NOT be accepted without the Nomination fee.

If you have any further inquires email me at
[email protected]

SUE JONES
Secretary
NSW Holt Committee;)

Attachments

• 2008 Darrell Holt Zone RollOff Entry Form.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 79
The $ 50.00 is a nomination fee only then the cost of the Roll-Offs is $ 100.00 to be paid at Check-in on Day 1

SUE JONES
Secretary
NSW Holt Committee;)

You may nominate for both by paying $50 nomination fee for each division but only the one set of scores will be used for both divisions. Both divisions roll off at the same time.
Dallas Archer

Hello Dallas good to see you on Total Bowling,

In relation to the both divisions also my understanding is that if you nominate for both and make both teams you can bowl in both teams.

I know that there are some people who will say give someone else ago but personally if you were to make both teams and for 1 you had to pay the nomination fee for both i believe you are entitled to both in both teams unless of course you decide to stand down from one team to put all your efforts into the other.

Just my 2 cents there as i am prone to do.

So get your entries in and come and join in the fun of bowling in a tournament run by Bowlers for the bowlers.

Oh and Dallas i will see you on Monday the 14th hope you had a great chrissy and new year and are ready for bowling in 2008, bring it on.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Just another interesting question.

If I nominate for both, make the NSW State Team in restricted, but don't make it for Classic, can I be drafted to another state in Classic while bowling for NSW in restricted?

I can't see why not. If you nominate for both and only make one team it would be possible to go int the draft and hope to be taken up by one of the states if they required a bowler. Understanding of course that if a bowler should make both teams they are up for the assosciated costs of both teams. In other words they would be paying double.
Dallas Archer
Chairperson
NSW Holt committee.

If I nominate for both, make the NSW State Team in restricted, but don't make it for Classic, can I be drafted to another state in Classic while bowling for NSW in restricted?
If you nominate for classic and miss it, you can apply to draft as per normal procedures. Your participation in Restricted is "irrelevant" to your classic draft.

Be aware though, that both Zones may require you to complete an all events as part of their own conditions... Mind you, given the number of squads you tend to bowl at these things I doubt you'd notice :p

With the nomination fee/deposit fee or whatever it is will it be credited to the cost you incurr as a result of making either of the teams.

The $50 nomination fee goes towards the costs of registering the teams. The $100 goes towards lineage for the roll offs and assosciated costs.
Please read the nomination forms posted earlier by Sue for information regarding other costing.
Dallas Archer

With the Rolloffs coming up on the 15th and 16th of March for the NSW zone teams in Restricted and Classic divisions at Windsor Bowl from 9am on both days i thought it be appropriate to bring this back to the top of the forum lists and remind people to get involved in this fun and enjoyable tournament created by the bowlers for the bowlers.

The cutoff date to get your nomination forms and Money of $50 for the nomination closes last post on Friday the 7th of march at the address on the Entry form attached to this thread.

Trust me when i tell you this is a great championships and one well worth the time and effort for those bowlers that qualify to rolloff in the appropriate divisions.

Also if you read the Entry form you will also see that there is nominations sort for the roles of team managers as well as coaches so if you want to get involved there also please do not hesitate to get involved and show your interest in these positions.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

To All Bowlers

Just a reminder that The 2008 NSW DARRELL HOLT and CLASSIC CHALLENGE ROLL-OFFS will be conducted on:

Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th MARCH 2008 at WINDSOR TENPIN BOWL

Nomination Forms are to be mailed to:

SUE JONES
129 BOMBAY ST
LIDCOMBE NSW 2141

with a Non Refundable Nomination Fee of $50.00

Payments can ONLY be made by Cheque or Money Order payable to: NSW HOLT CHALLENGE

Nominations will NOT be accepted without the Nomination fee.

Entries close last mail this Friday 7th March 2008.

If you have any further inquires email me at
[email protected]

SUE JONES :D
Secretary
NSW Holt Committee

Attachments

• 2008 Darrell Holt Zone RollOff Entry Form.pdf
    97.6 KB · Views: 9
Well ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in a long time I'm seeing an event that will actually have a cut in every division. There's no automatic team, all bowlers will need to earn it!

There's a total of 33 bowlers competing for 20 (2x7 restricted & 2x3 classic) places, and with only four in each of the Classic divisions there's enough restricted bowlers to form an additional team...

The field looks quite balanced, nobody has any significant advantage in any of the four divisions on paper.

If you have been thinking about this event and haven't nominated, you are not only welcome, but actively encouraged to come down to AMF Windsor this weekend and observe the competition. I especially would like to encourage any league bowlers who have been wondering what the next step is to come and see, talk to a few people, feel the atmosphere.

The plan is to have the bowlers on the lanes before 9am, and with the format (7 games / day, 1 game movement, odds/evens shuffle 1 pair) I anticipate being done in time for lunch - so come down in the morning if you're watching!

Scores will be posted here as often as I can, hopefully after games 3, 7, and 10, and of course a final result after it's announced (which will be immediately). This is dependent on my having a connection at the bowl - it's possible we'll only have end of day scores.

Looking forward to some friendly competition this weekend guys, see you all up there.

Standings and scores updates after game 3

Attachments

• StandingsPublication1.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
  • ScoresPublication1.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 16
And after 7 games...

Attachments

• ScoresPublication2.pdf
    40.8 KB · Views: 40
  • StandingsPublication2.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 45