2008 League Listing

gaz030781

Noobus
My suggestion is to have a list of all the leagues available for each centre who wish to participate. If I have missed this on the site already I'm sorry

They could then post the general format and costs involved for all to see so that the choice is made easy. People could then put their name down to join as well.

I thought of this as I have decided (after catching the bug again) to quit another sport to pursue bowling again and bowl a couple of nicghts a week........ problem is it's hard to contact all the local centres and get a true idea of what each league has to offer. If it was on this site it would central and make it an easier decision.

This year I'm bowling in a league which has a great format but was stripped of a large number of bowlers from the previous year due to similar leagues starting up elsewhere and bowlers basically being poached. I understand it's a bit of a competition between centres to have the best and biggest however extra exposure will allow everyone to make their own decision.

Gaz

I really like this idea, a central point where you can see what leagues are around, how many open spots there are, what the leagues are (i.e. format, games etc).

It would be a great resource for centres to promote their leagues, and for bowlers who are looking to start bowling or looking to take up another league night.

Great suggestion Gaz.

Yes great idea...we have been trying to design a programme to run it to the point of click on here and it sends an email to the league sectary or bowl depending on who is setting it all up…

See what we can produce…

A good idea as I'm moving interstate at the end of year and would help if the centres got behind it.

Cheers
Mick

I think it would be good for bowlers in all sorts of situations.......
Moving, New to the sport, wanting a change, adding a league or two, coming back from time off or a combination.

I know that if I had this available when I started back up at the start of last year it would have made life much easier. 6 years off and a new city made it difficult to find a 'competitve' league.

Just to add to this...... I think it would work a bit better in a metro situation rather than a rural environment due to there being limited options in country areas. So only metro locations would be a must to get on board.

have read these posts & reckon it would be a great idea for people to look up & see what leagues are available if they are considering a new league and/or centre & timeslot, also when new seasons start dates & contact numbers.

just wondering how the progress is going to the "JASE" post in regards to program creation ?

Why leave it to metro areas only. We have 2 bowls in the ACT, and there is very little information as to what leagues are around. I, for one would like to know what's on at both centres, so that I can choose where to bowl.

Suzi

This is an excellent idea indeed. Look forward to it being up and ready.

Back
Top Bottom