2008 Darrell Holt Challenges Trials, ACT Zone

Thats a great roll up! Almost as good as NSW.
Nice to see more bowlers giving it a go this year. I'm glad I did.

Good luck to those rolling off this weekend!

9 Restricted Men
10 Classic Men
8 Restricted Women
4 Classic Women
Good to see the ACT putting bowlers into the draft pool, not taking them out.
Four of the boys have nominated for both, and one of the women in both. I haven't actually put it into the system or cross checked it yet, but that's 26 bowlers I think.
How about some names Jeff?

Names of bowlers are withheld at the association committee's request.
I don't know why, I was just asked to keep the names to myself.

rpac23... The answer to your question is yes, but the way I'm bowling I would struggle to make the restricted team. Tuesday nights scratch score for a 4 game series was 935, with a 233 average, game scores 224, 246, 258, 207.

Clemo... You have have now got 1 name, fill in the blanks from there

Jeff... Any heads up on the oil pattern yet, the house pattern is very difficult lol :)

and for any other reader my current league average is 183

To all those rolling off, enjoy and lets have some better numbers in this event

rpac23... The answer to your question is yes, but the way I'm bowling I would struggle to make the restricted team. Tuesday nights scratch score for a 4 game series was 935, with a 233 average, game scores 224, 246, 258, 207.
Clemo... You have have now got 1 name, fill in the blanks from there
Jeff... Any heads up on the oil pattern yet, the house pattern is very difficult lol :)
and for any other reader my current league average is 183
To all those rolling off, enjoy and lets have some better numbers in this event
Brad, the name's Richard Palma. You know me well :D
You're doing well. I like to see one of ACTs better bowlers still hitting great scores. You'll fit in well with the Classic team. Good luck to you and Vikki on the weekend. See you there mate.

With the return of Matt, we've confirmed a pattern.

We'll have #2 from their new Walker, which is intended to be tougher than house (#1), but softer than the tournament pattern (#3)

and after 7. Even if it does say 6, it's 7

Attachments

• Scores Publication 1 (7 of 14).pdf
    39.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Standings Publication 2 (7 of 14).pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
Yeppers, attached. Evidently Graham you don't follow my events that often, surely everybody knows I play football on Sunday afternoons by now :p

Clemow, no worries, it was one of the smoothest events I've had the pleasure of overseeing. Not one lane breakdown that I recall, just a few respots or pins in the gutter. Must say the contact pin counters at Tuggeranong kick butt over the visual counters, very rare to get a score correction in Tuggeranong for a simple mis-count.

But moving right along, congratulations go out to;
Restricted Team:
James BURNS (ACT Rep to Adelaide)
Lance HICKEY
Craig SPROULE
Peter ROUSELL
Graeme CLEMOW
Alvin DANIEL
Allan PARBS
and
Rebecca TAPPER
Rose GULYAS (ACT Representative to Adelaide - Bec's the D/C from last year)
Emelda LAWSON
Jess JONES
Vikki COOK
Alma INGRAM
Cheryl DENNIS

Classic Team
Noel KELLY (ACT Rep in Adelaide)
Ken TU
Wayne KELLY
and
Sandy BILLINGHAM
Cheryl COOPER (ACT Rep in Adelaide)
Debbie STAIER

To clear up some confusion once people realise this doesn't correlate with the spreadsheet exactly;
1. Wayne and Noel elected to bowl in ONE event together, and that is Classic. Therefore 8 & 9 from restricted are promoted.
2. Rebecca Tapper cannot be the ACT rep as she is the events Defending Champion, therefore that honour went to second
3. Sandy Billingham declined the representative position at the presentation, and therefore that honour went to second as well.

Special mentions;
There were some quality games bowled, Noel started the weekend with a 245.
Also Lance bowled what would be a PB 3 game series first up today (Brian Wilson from NSW, take note of this); 716 scratch from three.
There are others, and that's why I attach the scores. Enjoy discovering those, people :)
Lastly, thanks to all who've expressed appreciation etc, it's good to see that the bowlers are appreciating those gears of the machines these days. On that note, you should all send a thanks to the local committee of Cheryl, Sandy and Debbie particularly, without them I wouldn't have had an event to direct, and you wouldn't have Holt to bowl in.
Cheers!
Jeff

Attachments

• Standings Publication 3 (14 of 14).pdf
    41.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Scores Publication 2 (14 of 14).pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
I must say, what a great bunch of bowlers we have from ACT. I was told prior to the roll-offs to be prepaired to be intimidated... well I AM!!! Some HUGE scores from everybody. Even the ladies pulled some great games.

Congrats go to my friends Rebecca Tapper, Jessica Jones and Vikki Cook for making the ladies restricted side, especially Rebecca from coming first in the 2nd year in a row! Well done!

Congrats goes to Jeff again for running another smooth event. But like he said, he couldnt have done it himself and thanks goes to Cheryl and the staff at AMF Belconnen!

Hope to see you all at the ACT State Championships!

and thanks goes to Cheryl and the staff at AMF Belconnen!
Uh, thanks Richard for highlighting this enormous oversight on my part :p

The poor staff had to accommodate us in the way a bit, thanks to AMF Belconnen as well. I'd thank the child whose birthday party we delayed for the presentation, but I've no idea who it was.

thanks Jeff, and sorry i know nothing of your footy habits.

congats to all those who made the team.

well done to Craig Sproule and Deb Staier on an awesome sunday. look forward to hearing all about it on saturday.

cheers
Shoey

Contratulations to all who made the team and look forward to seeing you in September.

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Back
Top Bottom