2008 Darrell Holt Challenges Trials, ACT Zone

JWhitty

Code and Scoring Guru
All,
Please find attached the nomination form for those wishing to participate in the 2008 ACT Zone Darrell Holt Challenge teams, March 29th and 30th at AMF Belconnen. This form also includes the Team Official nominations!

$50 nomination (per team, $100 for both)
$100 trials cost

This year sees the return of last years highly popular and successful handicap event, the Restricted Challenge, for averages of 184 and under (174 for women)

New this year is the Darrell Holt Classic Challenge, designed to bridge the gap between the developing or restricted bowlers and open bowlers. This event is scratch and caters to men up to 199 and women up to 189 in average.

Further details on the ACT Zone trials are in the attached form, and further detail about the Darrell Holt Challenge events can be found at www.holtchallenge.org.au

All bowlers with averages in these categories are encouraged to participate, and yes bowlers may choose to nominate for both divisions if you wish. Nomination fee must be paid twice for such bowlers, however the trials fee will remain the same.

Jeff

Attachments

• 2008 ACT Zone Darrell Holt Trials Form.pdf
    112.7 KB · Views: 52
Just a reminder to all who are interested that nominations for this years Darrell Holt Challenge teams (ACT Zone) close next week.

Now that I'm back home and actually have time to read the site, what they said.

I will be given a list of bowlers the monday after entries close, I would expect. All I know until then is the same speculation anybody else here comes up with...

Graeme,
Jeff does not have the list and will not until Nominations close. WHY does it matter?
Feral
Cheryl,
It does not really matter, just a case of curiosity and seeing if the same old stagers are having a go and if the same drama queens are running the show?

Just like to wish you all luck in ACTs roll offs. Hopefully it will be as exciting as NSW's was.

I know a few Holt bowlers read this forum, so i'd like to ask a question. Would you be threatened or anything like that if NSW bowlers watched their friends roll off? After all, the bowl is a public facility, anyone can walk in and out as they please. I'm just after oppinions.

Thanks guys.

Just like to wish you all luck in ACTs roll offs. Hopefully it will be as exciting as NSW's was.
I know a few Holt bowlers read this forum, so i'd like to ask a question. Would you be threatened or anything like that if NSW bowlers watched their friends roll off? After all, the bowl is a public facility, anyone can walk in and out as they please. I'm just after oppinions.
Thanks guys.
Richard,
As you said the bowl is a public facility and anyone can come in. the show of support would be appreciated.

Richard,
You will see it as a threat when you see the quality of the bowlers that the ACT has:p:p:p

I must say at the last two championships that I participated in there are heaps of top players there. The question is, who's going to put their name down and qualify?

Lol I like that confidence Graeme, I myself was in the 7 all day on the Sunday for NSW rolloffs and then lost it in the last game and missed out on making the NSW team by a lousy 6 pins.

Last year it was 23 pins i missed out by, i do not think i am meant to bowl for NSW but the good news from last year was that i was lucky enough to be picked up in the draft by Northern Territory along with Jess Jones and as fait would have it we both came home with the Gold so every cloud has a silver lining or even gold lol.

And yes i have once again put my name down on the draft and with any luck i will be able to be picked up by a zone again and who knows me and jess in the same team could be the omen tip lol, is that a hint or what lol.

Cmon Jess you can make it in the ACT team your a top bowler.

Anyway we will see you all out there on Saturday and Sunday week and if anyone is interested i will be going to watch my Dragons ( oh god how bad were they on the weekend ) go around against canberra at bruce so if your in the mood we can all go out and have an enjoyable nights viewing of the footy and hopefully the dragons might even try.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

hi jeff,
can we have some numbers for each grade and division of the roll off's ?
and any ideas of what the oil pattern going to be? and will it alter between days?
cheers
Brad

Nope. I don't have this information myself yet.
and any ideas of what the oil pattern going to be?
The pattern will hopefully be somewhat tougher than the house shot, but we won't be making you work like the Australian Open. Yet to be confirmed with the centre, but I will certainly be requesting a tougher-than-house pattern.
and will it alter between days?
No, your 14 games will be on the one pattern, only re-oil as such will be 'overnight'. Hopefully you'll be bowling 'doubles', depending of course on numbers and lanes.

9 Restricted Men
10 Classic Men
8 Restricted Women
4 Classic Women

Good to see the ACT putting bowlers into the draft pool, not taking them out.

Four of the boys have nominated for both, and one of the women in both. I haven't actually put it into the system or cross checked it yet, but that's 26 bowlers I think.

Back
Top Bottom