2006 Rachuig Trials: Final Results

Tiger

mensfinal3mo.jpg

womens3jv.jpg

A very, very tense final day, with many changes to the make up of the final 7 in the mens.
Going into the final game, Steve Smith, Chris Acuavera and Mark Vass were all chances of displacing Simon Gourlay.
Acuavera converting the 3-9-10 split in the 9th frame whilst Gourlay stuffed in a stone 8-pin late in the game.
Gourlay needing the first two strikes in the tenth frame to stay in the 7, nailing the first one, but going high and leaving the 3-6 on the second ball to miss out narrowly by 7 pins.
Tiger Acuavera a very relieved man in the finish, to climb back into the 7 in the final frame.
A fantastic display of nail-biting bowling by all bowlers in the mens and womens divisions which enthralled a very large crowd at Moonah this weekend.

this was a very big thing for me, and i just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all of the support i got during the two weeks it was appreciated more than you all know.comisserations to those who just missed out, you bowled great and i hope we see you back in the next years rolls offs.
on a final note i just want to say i dedicate my performace to my great friend ben who passed away last year.thanks for watching over me mate, i wish you could have been there to see it

thank you once again everyone and i look forward very much to bowling with the team in october

Congrats to all the boys and girls that made the teams.

Jase and Tiger... welcome to the big time boys. This is what it's all about. Very happy to see Garry, Gus, and Scooter back in the team... We've missed you guys ;)

At last I can get a half normal nights sleep. Never have I felt so much pressure going into a weekend... All I can say is I'm glad it wasn't me fighting for the last couple of spots, because I was buggered after the 5th game.... lol

Congrats to all who made the teams...especially to Droooo and Jase. Its about time you pair pulled your fingers out and bowled!!! :p
Look forward to seeing you all down there

Jen

forgot to add in my earlier post:
1: thanks to the devonport staff for helping the tournement run as smoothly as it could and to the moonah staff for making proceedings as smooth as they were

2: a HUGE thank you to matty cramond and jeanine commane for ther efforts in running the tournement,without people like you these things would be a whole lot more difficult for all concerned.so thank you very much everyone!

Thanx Droo ...... good to be back. Looking forward to bowling with you guys again (and believe it or not, this is the first Rachuig Gus and I have bowled together, so looking forward to that as well). As for Jase and Tiger, well bowled guys, deserve your spots and welcome to the big time.

See everyone in Hobart in a couple of weeks.

Jase mate you're a deadset legend. Well done buddy, awesome effort to get into that very strong team. I know how much of a goal this was for you, so it's awesome to see you get it.

Congrats to all others who made the team as well, top effort. A very strong team, could be hard to beat at home.

Tim.

Congrats to all who made Rachuig teams this year. Wish I could have been there to see last day as it looks like it was a nail biter.

hey all. .
i would like to thank everyone who rolled off this year. and to everyone who made it happen. . Tiger Snr jeannine commane and the rest. . It was my first year and never expected to have so much pressure on my shoulders goin to the last game. Thanks to all who KEPT ME calm! Coz i know that i wasnt! lol. . . This means so much to me. . and definatly ranks as the best i ever been invovled in. . . JAse! we on the big league now man! haha. .
congrats to everyone! it was a memorable 2 weekends!

see ya all in a couple of weeks. .

Chris Acuavera;) xoxo

-3 under

Once again many thanks to Matty and Jeanine (my red jumper mate) on helping us out again over the weekend. I know it was a frustrating job but your help and time was most appreciated!

Congrats to everyone that made the team. Simon Gourlay's display of sportsmanship after missing the team was pretty amazing I must say... and congrats to Chris on getting over the line, as well as the other newcomers to Rachuig, Jason and Emma.

I also hope that the two weekends might have provided some motivation for some of the old faces that came out of hiding to bowl more tournaments too...

Congrats guys,

Special well done to:
The Droo- master of 5-7-10, and to:
Griggsy- master of...... oh I dont know.

Well Done!

congrats to all that made the mens and womens teams, what a great few days of bowling! Special congrats to the southern bowlers, great work by androooo to finish where he did after a shocker (by his standards) at devonport, a word of advice androooo, a bit more pace, a few more rpm and you may get somewhere...lol! Great work by jase to get in, just goes to show what a lot of practive and hard work will do for your game. Also well done to annie and allison potter for making it, good work girls, surely u must owe me a beer annie! Playa your time will come and hopefully its not to far away, great 299 on sat, you were robbed. Tassie is going to be a force this year and i will be there to support you all,(and to win the masters!)goodluck all

Congrats to everybody. Great to see so many high games (especially that 299, Chris) and averages, and bad luck to those who didn't make it.

Bubye

Rowey :p

Well done to all that made the team, i'm sure they'll make us proud in October. Was great to be involved in such a tough roll-off, made me realise how much i'd improved to be able to challenge in such a big field. I just hope it won't be another 16 years before the nats come down to Tassie again. Shall try again next year :)

Back
Top Bottom