2006 BAROSSA CUP.

2006 BAROSSA CUP 19TH-20TH AUGUST

Squad listing currently. At 17th August.

A SQUAD 10:30AM CHECK-IN, 11:00AM BOWL

1.Rob Chinner
2.David Sniedze
3.Alex Klass
4.Philip Allcroft
5.Ashley Warren
6.Tony Stoppel
7.Gordon Colmer
8.Tony Cottrell
9.David Pohl
10.Tavis Johnson
11.Darren Hill
12.Les Hobbs
13.Rod Baldwin
14.Peter Wood
15.Richard Skelton
16.Ben Barlow
17.Andy Palmer
18.Les Hobbs

B SQUAD 2:30PM CHECK-IN, 3:00PM BOWL

1.Brian Smith
2.Chris Mowat
3.Bill Johnson
4.David Kuhn
5.Colin Hunt
6.Paul Dolman
7.Sam Parrella
10.Alan Przybysz
12.Jeff Elliott
13.Isaac Elliot
14.Robert Elliott
15.Brian Pilkington (QLD)
16.Shane Tunnah
17.Kate Wilton (QLD)
18.Scott Miles
19.Matt Kanafa
20.Graham Simpson
21.Rudi Gross
22.Scott Smith
23.Adam Spencer

It's a pity the change of dates has kept a few bowlers from Mildura & Melbourne from making the trip this year with the Sunraysia Marathon in Mildura being held on the same weekend.

The Barossa Cup & Bob Elliott Tournaments were reversed at the request from some bowlers over the last few years so they could use the Bob Elliott as a warm up Tournament for the Barossa Cup.

From what i've heard numbers were down for the Bob Elliott Tournament & numbers are definitely down for Barossa, with no site of the people who were asking for the changes entering either Tournament.

Unfortunately with only 38 entry's (at the moment) it would not suprise me if this was the last Barossa Cup. A pity for the bowlers who have supported it every year. This is only 1 of 2 regular Tournaments S.A. bowlers have had in the past along with the S.A. Cup, so it would be a pity to lose it . With a couple of bowlers from QLD, & 1/2 dozen new names in the field this year it really is a pretty piss poor turn out from the rest of the bowlers in the state.

I'd go in it, but don't know how much it costs. The information for the tournament has been a bit scarce. Apart from what was posted on this forum, I haven't found any other details about it. If you could please supply the full details like entry fees, how many games, basically anything that goes with the tournament, etc. that'd be great. Thanks. :)

Mathew,

The information you needed was on another barosa post,

Cost Approx $175.00
48 entries Max
2 squads
10 Games qualifying
Cut top 15
3 per pair matchplay

Prize fund hasnt changed the last few years.

Approx Prize Fund
1.$1,200
2.$900
3.$700
4.$600
5.$500
6.$450
7.$400
8.$375
9.$350
10.$325
11.$300
12.$275
13.$250
14.$225
15.$200
16.$175

Entry forms were out, you only need to ask the bowl to send one out to you.

cheers

tony

I presume the prize fund will change with this amount of bowlers - will we find out what that will be ? or wait like every year when we get there.

Its a pitty its not full - but besides this forum & a entry form sent to me - twice, I saw nothing in any other bowling centre or anyone tyring to promote it.

Should be fun - will see you all there.

Dave k :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately you dont know how many no shows because of inconsiderate people that say there bowling but don't show up, so it is a bit hard to advertise any prize money changes, plus management needs to be in the picture for decisions like that.

As far as promoting it, it probably gets out to more people than ever with totalbowling, only wish we had this back in the ATBA days, you can put a million entry forms out there, but like most things you can bring the horse water, but you cant make him drink it!

Tony

Actualy there is only a select few that use this site - I know many good bowlers who never even go to this site. I am sure if there was someone going around to centres & promoting it there would be a better reponse.

As for those bowler the dont bother to show up they should be may to give a deposit. They should stop waisting peoples time & get a life.

Dave K.

xballs said:
Actualy there is only a select few that use this site - I know many good bowlers who never even go to this site. I am sure if there was someone going around to centres & promoting it there would be a better reponse.

Dave,

With over 2500 active members these days i am sure that TotalBowling is the best way. If more people were encouraged to use the site for what it was designed for it would be even better.

There are plenty of sites around and i am sure between ALL the bowlers that actually bowl tournaments, and visit all the sites, word of mouth is the next best thing to Totalbowling. You obviously visit here Dave, and if you know of these MANY GOOD bowlers then surely with your knowledge you must be able to inform them of what’s going on or tell them to register.

With AMF and TBA using this site for ALL SQUAD listings and Entry forms they must also see this as the best possible way to promote the sport.

WELL SAID TONY agree 110%

Well Jase

I do let lots of people know about this site & it is excellent. BUT not everyone uses the internet & there are more ways to promote bowling than this site. If you want to reach all of the bowlers out there, you have to think outside the square.

And yes 2500 members is good but in no way impressive. I am sure there are alot more registered bowlers then 2500. If tournaments want be successful there needs to be more promotion - people need to push more. Not just posting on a web site & a few flyers around the place.

Anyway I must be wrong because there are just so many people filling up tournaments.

Dave k

dave,

Missing the point, "word of mouth is generally always the best way".
If you know of other people then as part of those who enjoy tournament bowling, go over and tell them!.

I agree that putting around as much info will help but most of the time those people cant be bothered and go up to the desk and grab a form. There are so many variables with this and it has been proven and you know me way back with ATBA that we can distribute hundreds of entry form to centres around australia and it didn't really make much difference. Times have changed , technology is here and I think it is the best way. If people aren't on board with this then word of mouth is the next best thing.

cheers

tony

Thanks for the details Tony. I'm just deciding if I'm going into it. Seeing it's tomorrow, I'll post up on the forum if I go in it today. Thanks again.:)

xballs said:
I presume the prize fund will change with this amount of bowlers - will we find out what that will be ? or wait like every year when we get there.
Its a pitty its not full - but besides this forum & a entry form sent to me - twice, I saw nothing in any other bowling centre or anyone tyring to promote it.
Should be fun - will see you all there.
Dave k :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Dave, your more than welcome to chip into the phone bill for this 1/4 every year. It's always $30 - $50 more than normal when Barossa comes around.

Hey, it takes more than 1 or 2 people to make something successfull, if you know people you think would like to bowl or are good enough to bowl drag them along. I've only so many phone numbers for people to pester each year. They get a bit pissed off when I ring them 3 or 4 times over 6 weeks leading up to a tournament trying to get them to bowl only to say yes and not turn up on the day.

I bowl at Cross Rds & Woodville (ocassionally). I copied off a dozen entry's for each of those 2 centres. Not suprisingly I walked back into 1 of them the next morning to find none there.

Unfortunately with AMF centres in the past, if it doesnt concern a tournament in an AMF centre (more so that centre in particular they end up in the bin ASAP). I have put entry forms in the past for tounaments in AMF centres when ATBA was going and they were thrown in the bin because it was at another AMF centre & not that 1.

results are...

1st Paul Dollman
2nd Sam Parella
3rd Rob Chinner
4th Alex Klass

5th Bill Johnson
6th Colin Hunt
7th Jeff Elliot
8th Brian Pilkington
9th Tony Stoppel
10th Kate Wilton
11th Matt Shoessow
12th Tavis Johnson
13th Shane Tunnah
14th Darren Hill
15th David Sniedze

I think dropping the pinfall after qualifying is a good thing.

Rather be -522 for the day not -679 which is where i would have been had they not have dropped the pinfall.

THANKS

DAVID

Congrats Dolly on a fine win! Its good to see those old names back up in the spotlight. Hopefully you all might dust off those shoes and participate in the big tournies again soon ;)

Congratulations to everyone!
Marty

Back
Top Bottom