2005 National Ranked Events Cancellation

Does anybody else think that AMF should have left the Blacktown event to run? Considering it's only a month away, a lot of people have booked flights, accomodation and maybe arranged time off work to travel to the event (not sure). I know I was about to book flights online for the tournament the day they announced it was cancelled - lucky I checked TotalBowling first. Although I applaud AMF/TBA for 'looking into' reissue vouchers, I'd imagine that there are still going to be bowlers out of pocket.

All I'm saying is that perhaps a fairer way of doing it would have been to cancel the rest of the events, but leave Blacktown to run - I'm guessing the knowledge that it would be the last event of it's kind for a while would boost entry numbers - bowlers would be more inclined to go for the ranking points if they knew that another 3 tournaments would not be going ahead. It also made more sense to announce the Australian Youth team at that tournament, rather than the Vic150 and AO. Just my opinion!

This is the first time that I have read about this, but it does not suprise me one bit. Firstly, I will say that I was looking forward to bowling in some of the events that were planned for later in the year but now that will not be happening. I have not bowled in a tournament for a while and was looking forward to starting locally, before maybe doing interstate tournaments later in the year. Now I do not realy want to travel without praticing in these tournaments.
Because this is a forum that I think is a useful tool of passing information on, I will hold back on my comments, but I will say this, Unfortuantely that it seems that sometimes that the Hirachy, do not always have the best interest of the sport at mind when decisions are made, and cause of this it is the League and Tournament Bowler are the ones to suffer. I think that this is the case here and as a bowler, I think that two tournaments later in the year is not good enough and Macquarie Leisure and AMF need to look at this Forum and get some feedback from the people that allow their businesses to operate, The Bowlers!!

Back
Top Bottom