2005 National Ranked Events Cancellation

scoreggia

Just spotted this on the TBA website in the 'What's New' column.

2005 National Ranked Events Cancellation

Saturday 12th March, 2005 - Tenpin Bowling Australia has been informed that the following 2005 Nationally Ranked Events have been cancelled:

Penrith Open (Nov 26th-27th) - Nationally Ranked Men & Power Event
Blacktown Invitational (April 9th-10th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Canberra Youth Cup (May 28th-29th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Bankstown Youth Cup (July 30th-31st) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event
Illawarra Youth Cup (Nov 19th-20th) - Nationally Ranked Youth Event

These events have been removed fom the National Rankings Tour 2005 Calendar. A formal annoucenment from the tournament promoter is expected shortly.

thats the most riduculous thing ive heard of.........its like the majority of the youth ranked events and being my last yr of youth im most disappointed after reading this...........can someone please shed some light on this

I agree wif duff star... This is riduculous.
I was planning on traveling up for these event.
Is there any way we could find out why these events were cancelled?????

The question i ask is If bowlers who planned to bowl in these events have already booked airfares will the sponsors of the events who pulled out re-imburse them for there loss. These cheap fairs are usually no refundable or transferable. I know that most bowlers plan in advance to get the cheapest fairs. Has this affected anybody.

The question is - is it the events that have been cancelled or just the "National Rankings"part of things ?

the website says "the following 2005 Nationally Ranked Events have been cancelled"

so i would say yes the event and not just the National Ranking part of things have been cancelled

I know some people who have already booked their non-refundable tickets

Will there be any other events to replace these?

If these events have indeed been cancelled completely then that drastically affects the Youth Rankings Tour for this year.
Youth bowlers have gone from having a choice of 11 events to only 7.
With the rankings system based on a bowlers best 6 Youth and 2 Power events it now means that bowlers can only afford to not bowl in 1 event for the year.
It will be interesting to see what, if anything, is done by the TBA.

eeyore said:
the website says "the following 2005 Nationally Ranked Events have been cancelled"

so i would say yes the event and not just the National Ranking part of things have been cancelled

You're right, I just didnt bother reading. Would be interesting to find out why these events were cancelled, seeing as some of them are months away.

Unbelievable!
Finally there is a good Youth Circuit in NSW, it's getting bigger and bigger with more sponspors every year, and more importantly constantly growing numbers. Now. Boom! Gone!
Reasons are needed. Damn good reasons at that. I think I am definatly in the majority when I say that I ain't Happy!

Later Da Cowman!

hey all
heard this on the grape vine.
the events were cancelled due to them running at a lose over the previous years, apparently they will be back next year with new sponsers, formats and advertising.
This is only what i have heard don't know how accurate it actually is.
Personally i would like to see a youth version of the super 6.

John Costantini

this is a big bugga. me and matty k were going to go over for canberra youth and booked our flights and all except accomidation. so whats going to happen?
matts thinkin of going to the k and k classic but i got adult trials on that same weekend so i wont be going to that. and the fact that we are flying virgin and qantas makes it hard cos im not sure if qantas change flights.
im very confused atm and annoyed but i suppose all i can do is pray.
oh well hope they fully sort this out soon as the site says they are still waiting for a formal response or something.

Alex

Well there goes that idea of going to 3 of those 4 events and i have booked my flights for 2 of them and why is the Illawarra Youth Cup cancelled even though it's not till November. I;m Very un Happy person right now.
thats my say.
chris c

Well that's a big shock, I can see alot of people being very un happy!! Including myself, such a good youth circuit we had going on.

What is the cause? Can we get an official word?

The whole running at a lose theroy dosnt make sence. I know it is just a rumor at this point in time, but if it is true, then surely last year they knew youth tornaments in NSW (at this point where the only ones really being affected as we have lost our whole circut) where running at a lose. Why advertise the 2005 season and then to run the first event even!!! Something more has to be behind the decision. Cant wait for a formal statement on this issue.

Dropping ranking points from last years events too? What a joke! We bowled those invents not only for the money but also for the incentive of ranking points and they have just been stripped from us. This is just stupid!

Canberra Youth Open...

Hi All,
Firstly I would like to thank all participents in last weekends Canberra Open in making it such a success. The weekend went very smoothly and I hope the bowlers had an enjoyable time.
I am posting this message to let all Youth bowlers and bowlers in general know that yes the Grand Prix events may have been cancelled for the rest of this season but AMF Belconnen will still be holding its Youth event.
Due to regulations we can not maintain the current name of Canberra Youth Cup so we are renaming it the "Canberra Youth Open". It will run on the same weekend as it was currently booked in for and we will be applying to TBA to have it a rankings event. I will post a correct answer on this matter as the time is closer.
The format will be the same and you will shortly see the entry forms on total bowling and available in centres around the country. The only thing that will change will be obviously the sponsors and we will be seeking them externally. So if you would like to sponsor or know of people to approach please contact Belconnen Bowl.
I would like to think that all our tournament bowlers will get behind this event and others that I am sure centres will now start to hold to try and help the tournament bowlers of Australia especially the youth bowlers. I wish all the bowlers the best and hope to see you at this event.

Kind Regards.
Ben Wright.
Centre Manager.
AMF Belconnen.

I have been told to expect an announcement regarding this shortly - as soon as I have it I will post it.

For those of you who havnt yet seen

the youth team selection that was to be at Blacktown Youth Cup, as well as other national teams will now be at Vic 150 and Aus Open next week

Back
Top Bottom