2003 Shield Roll-offs

HEY!!! i was 14 when i made it....although my 15th b'day was on the last day of roll offs but its still the same!! he was as many years as i do. hehehe :p

he is 15 this year which makes him the same as me when i first made it :lol:
which was last year lol

cya's all later PS chris is a heaps good bowler when he is firing and chris u might not have topped his feat but if u keep up the hard work u should top his acheivements

GO THE TASSIE BOYS!! hehehe....we are the best? well i think we are ne way...got the cup to prove it!!

and matt out of all the ppl u should have known my age!! LOL!!

Hey Kace,

You didn't miss all that much on the stripper mate :wink: - he found out how old we were and took off before the show was over lol
You sure did make up for it the other years :wink: !!!
Yes I did hear that Sally Hyland started very young :D Kara started young too didn't she?!? She still has a lot of years left!! :D It's good to see a lot of young talented juniors coming through in Tasmania!!! :)

Beck

Androo, I think Emma was 12 when she first made it.
And Beck, Kara must have been 13 in her first Shield. No doubt she will correct me if I am wrong though :wink:
Can any of the Southerners tell me how old Sally was when she first went?

Well yeah techniclly I was 13 but I will stil have as many years in the team as I would have if I was 12 my first year So yeah I will have 6 years in the Junior side (if I make it all those times) lol

LuV mE

hey guys, shit, looks like the team alwayz has a young one innit. hehe our youngest is Tommy McLoughlin, hes only 13, but thats it i think. everyone else is like 14+ Oh well, looks like tom will be bowling shield for a while..... hehehehe good luck to yas all, cya at shield :D

Later

lol kara how could u not make it, by the looks of what we have now in 5 or 6 years u will be the only female bowler in sheild hahaha

Well done to everyone who made the shield team this year, and I hope to see you all over at Melbourne. :) Should be fun. :p

Kim, wot do u mean by, and i quote,
I hope to see u all there
??? of course u will see the team there, this is tassie we're talkin about, they have to defend their boyz title, and if we dont win, then we'll just run off wif the shield hahaha :D :D :D

Later

Hey everyone,

Congrats to everyone that has made the team .... good luck when you go away!

To answer Matt Crammond, Matty Riley would have been only 14 as he made 5 teams.

Sally Hyland would definately have to be the youngest that i know of .... from memory 11 when she made the team ... but i could be wrong!

That's all for now.

Scooter

exact mate, i was 14 when i first made, but i think i was the youngest MALE to make it but dont hold me to that, well the second youngest

Ahhhhhhhhh yes the stripper i remeber that wrinkley old A$$ for the rest of my life, at least the girls got a guy under the age of 50. After that experience i never wanted to average over 200 ever again hahaha.

Im colming back for 2 weeks holiday at easter so i hope to catch up with you all

Sally hyland hey, jes@s she seemed like she represented the state when she was 5 hahahhahaah

woops my bad

while we are on the subject of youngest member in the state team i should say that my uncle (r.i.p) wayne gourlay was 16 when he made rachuig and my cousin simon gourlay was only 17 when in his first year of rachuig. and ben harriss was 14 when he made the team last year and i am 14 this year....it seems everyone got in at 14 lol

Emma was 11 when she first made it and she still has this year as her 5th one more to go total 6 years. Thought you would like to know

11????????? did they have the roll offs the year before they went away like in november or something otherwise that just doesn't make any sense
8 Numbers there and if she was 11 going on 12 then she still would have had 7 years not 6 just pointing that out

hay its EM
the first year i made it was adelaide in 1999 i made it when i was 12 and went away when i was 13
2nd canberra made when i was 13 went away when i was 14
3rd brisbane made when i was 14 went away when i was 15
4th sydney made when i was 15 went away when i was 16
5th melbourne made when i was 16 going away when im 17
6th ??????? will make it when im 17 and go away when im 18 YAY
just to clear a few things up
EM

YAY!! congrats to you all!! especially you Kara hunni!!
love ya lots
luv Michelle :)

Hey all, keep up the good shit, congrats to all of u (again) a big congrats to Emma, love u heaps too well done, cant wait to see u and mum again, have fun, might cyas sooner than u think!!!!

Later
Adrian

Just reading through the thread as to the ages, Christ we have had some young ones in the side.
Sally Hyland must have made shield for the first time in 1991 or 1992 - she was getting poked by Big AJ (Adam Johnson) in Townsville in '92 (hence why I went out and slept out on the concrete in the sun one day)

Simon "Slug" Gourlay at 13 making Shield for the first time - that would have been 1980 or 1981 - I'M OLD :roll: - I've known him THAT LONG :shock:

Matty Riley at 14 in Shield 1993. I remember very well Matty coming into my room the night of the Shield ball when I was having a shave and getting ready to go out (getting rid of the goatie for so I'd look good for the crumpet :eek: :D )
Matty - without one whisker on his face - reckons he needs a shave and grabs my razor and almost slices his fingers off :eek:
Ahhhh........those were the days.........I scored more times than Australia v England at West Ham United (Upton Park) that night....heheheheh :D

Hey pplz.
Just wondering if Tasmania is taking any girls that want to draft from another state? if so who??
Alicia

Back
Top Bottom