2003 Shield Roll-offs

Cricky

Manila 2009
The following dates have been set for the 2003 Shield selection trials :-

Hobart 25th & 26th January
Launceston 1st & 2nd February

6 games will be bowled each day with check in 10.30 am on Saturdays & 8.30 am on Sundays.

Entry Forms should be on display at all centres or can be obtained from your local junior delegates ( Debbie Collins - Hobart, Garry Crick - Launceston, Karen McCarthy - Devonport & Chris Reeve - Burnie )

Entry fee is $125 and entries close Friday 17th January.

????????????

Hey Garry

Do you know if the dates will still go ahead seeing as there is a ranked tourniment on the first weekend???

Love Kara

Hi there Kara,

The Junior Committee chose that week-end as they believed that none of our junior bowlers would be bowling in the Latrobe Youth Cup. So, if that is the case, the dates will stand as posted.

i'll be bowlin the latrobe youth cup but then again i dont bowl 4 tassie...lol
good luck wif ya trials kazza sweetie i know u'll do great
mmmmmwah luv ya :D

Hey there Tasmanians, How r we before trials, u guys dont have very long between stages, we're still waiting for our last day. Newayz just wanna say good luck to u all, hope to see yous in melbourne for shield.

Oh and by the way, boyz, WA is takin that boyz trophy back to its rightful home, WA. hahahahaha, newayz good luck, go u tassie bowlers, say hi to ya mums for me (wot, did u think i'd forget?)

Later
Adrian

Results Day 3 - Launceston

BOYS
1st. Adam Reeve 3418 - 189.9
2nd. Jason Griggs 3402 - 189.0
3rd. Ben Harriss 3342 - 185.7
4th. Joel Reeve 3247 - 180.4
5th. Chriss Commane 3202 - 177.9
6th. Daniel Bunting 3144 - 174.7
7th. Damian Crick 3130 - 173.9
8th. Jarrod McCarthy 3126 - 173.7
9th. Marshall Collins 2869 - 159.4
10th. Callan Newman 2790 - 155.0
11th. Sam Cook 2621 - 145.6

GIRLS
1st. Emma Tubb 3127 - 173.7
2nd. Amy Furley 3084 - 171.3
3rd. Melanie Collins 2920 - 162.2
4th. Kara Bunting 2778 - 154.3
5th. Stacey Dare 2699 - 149.9

Should be a very interesting final day tommorrow.

FINAL RESULTS

FINAL RESULTS

The Shield Roll-Offs concluded today at Launceston and it went right down to the final frame before the make up of the boys team was known.

BOYS

1ST. Jason Griggs 4573 - 190.5 Ave.
2nd. Adam Reeve 4503 - 187.6
3rd. Joel Reeve 4440 - 185.0
4th. Ben Harriss 4434 - 184.8
5th. Daniel Bunting 4348 - 181.2
6th. Chris Commane 4266 - 177.8
7th. Damian Crick 4228 - 176.2

8th. Jarrod McCarthy 4222 - 175.9
9th. Marshall Collins 3799 - 158.3
10th. Callan Newman 3704 - 154.3
11th. Sam Cook 3563 - 148.5

GIRLS

1st. Emma Tubb 4236 - 176.5
2nd. Amy Furley 4167 - 173.6
3rd. Melanie Collins 3771 - 157.1
4th. Kara Bunting 3718 - 154.9
5th. Stacey Dare 3685 - 153.5

Congratulations to all bowlers who made the 2003 Shield Teams, AND NOW THE HARD WORK BEGINS

Congrats to all the guys and girls that made the teams. Good luck in Melbourne, I know you will make everyone proud.

Look forward to seeing everyone down here for the Moonah Classic.

GO TASSIE!!!

congratulations! to everyone that made this years shield team!, im sure you will all do the state proud, and ull defiantly have fun too.

Mark Foster

Congrats to all the Juniors that made the Team, It was the most nerve wracking Last game Ive ever seen, coming down to the last frame. Wow!
3 men enter 1 man leave. To Chris my boy 20 years after me you did it! and to Jarrod who everybody felt for you are a credit to the game(no tables went flying this day). And to Damo you have come a long way since last year
your determination to win came through today.
Good luck for the Shield. :wink:

Hey guys, Congratulations to all of you on making the tassie team this year. From wot i heard, jarrod only missed out by so little. Congrats Jayson and Emma on coming first, you bowled well. Also to everyone else, well done.

Oh Jace, looks like i'm gonna have a real tough bet to win, but i'll win dont u worry hehehehe

Later
Adrian

CONGRATS!!!!!

i would just like to say congratulations 2 everyone that made the team spesh me lil sister in-law kazza n brother in-law dan :wink: . i look forward to seein every down here in vic n hope yaz have a great time.
mmmmwaaahhhhh luv katie :D

your damn straight its gonna behard for you to win adrian i aint giving up without a fight lol, and also like i said on the weekend well done to everyone, and emma too for finishing first she had a tough time with amy hot on her tail for first, and once again bad luck jarrod you fought hard and were unlucky on quite a few shots. well done everyone thats in the team lets all work hard and open up a can oh whoop a$$ this yr and defend our shield

Well done to all who made the teams!
And good luck when you go away! :D

Luv Em

Well done to everybody that made the teams in the boys and girls squads this year. :D
Bad luck to those that missed out but at least you tried your best - that's all you can do.
Chris Commane at age 14 would have to be one of the youngest Boys Team members I've seen make the 7.
In my final year in 1993, Matty Riley was aged 15 from memory and people were saying he was the youngest or something then.

Anyway congrats everybody and enjoy yourselves :wink:

Dave was 15 and Dan was 14 when they first made it in 2000 Yeh?

Well I can tell you know that Dan nor I are the youngest. Well it's Simon Gourlay that has to be the youngest ever being 13 in his first year. I guess i couldn't top my cousin's feat :x

Congrats to all that made the team this year, plus the coaches and managers!!! :) The team sounds like a winning one to me!! :) all the best when you go away!!

Also back in 95 - i do believe Amy Huxley was 13 & myself, 14 - that was the year we got strippers... at that age!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: we weren't complaing tho :wink:

Beck :lol:

LOL Beck!! - I only just missed being there for that too dude :wink: I think I made up for it in other ways two years later though :? hehe.

But I think they were only interested in the youngest boys... Sally Hyland would have been by far the youngest girl we had in Shield ever wouldn't she? I remember hearing she was like 10 or something her first Shield, but that was probably just rumour no doubt.

Hopefully talk to you soon Beck.

Back
Top Bottom