1st Sport Series Results

hamster

Just a Bowler
Welcome everyone to another Carl Bot.....err I mean Pearson Automotive Sport Series for 2007. We had 30+ names down for the event unfortunately a small number pulled out ( thanks for the notice guys, you know who you are) and ended up with a very competitive 23 entries.

Todays pattern was a 41ft league sports pattern designed for wooden lanes.

Reigning Champion Carl Bottomley started off in a blaze of glory with games of 266,224 and 215 to set up an early 100 pin lead on the field. The field tried in vain with the likes of Australian Rep Brian " Pilko " Pilkington +46 and Matt Armstrong -2 but couldn't match the consistancy that Bottomley was producing.

The real battle was the final spots for the matchplay section. Toowoomba bowler Jason Borey did enough in the last game to take 15th and final spot on -168. Only 9 pins covered 15th to 19th.

Last years points runner-up Terry Wenban had the high game of 278. Terry also joined the 100 club (278-177) with Pilko (268-163). Oh so close Mr Suna (236-137) maybe next time:p .

In matchplay Kingaroy Rep Chris Grundon was a man on a mission winning 5 of the first 6 matches to haul in a stumbling Carl to hit the lead with 1 game to go. Unfortunately for Chris his run came to end and Carl did enough to win his final match and take the Title.

Results: (avg is over the 15 games not including bonus pins)
1st Carl Bottomley 208.3 avg
2nd Chris Grundon 202.3 avg
3rd Kate Wilton 195.9 avg
4th Terry Wenban 192 avg
5th Brian Pilkington 193.9 avg

Again we the bowlers who support the Sport Series can't thank enough the Sponsors Pearson Automotive ( major ), Caboolture Bowl and Animal's Proshop for their outstanding support. Also the Team of Jeff, Dave, Bean and Noel who keep everything running smoothly.

In finishing I invite any bowler who wants to Challange themself to come to the 2nd Sport Series on the 17th June at Caboolture and discover a whole different game.

"BeatBoy"
Sport Series Media Man

Great write up Beat Boy…:)

Congratulations must go once again to Carl on another outstanding performance…Well done also to Chris Grundon on hitting the lead with one game to go…Outstanding match play average Chris, and Kate on her third place…

I know I threw a gutter ball today playing through 12 :rolleyes: but gees Shayne how the hell did you manage a few of them playing through 20…LMAO..:D :D :D :D

Well done to Jeff and the team once again... and well done to all the competitors who had there name down and bothered to show up…:rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing you all again at the next stop…you know who you are…Beat Boy…Swan…Peacock and Flipper to name a few…;) ;)

Thanks guys for a great day…

Attachments

• Post Tourn 1.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 48
Unfortunately for Chris his run came to end and Carl did enough to win his final match and take the Title.

Perhaps I should have had an extra bit of that country chicken at lunch. :rolleyes:

First of all, I would like to thank the sponsors, Pearsons Automotive, Caboolture Bowl and Animal's Proshop. Thanks also goto Jeff, Dave, Noel and Hillary for keeping things running smoothly and providing the scoresheets for us. I must also say a big thankyou to Jase for providing lunch for us today.

Secondly, I would to thank all the bowlers today for a great day. It was good to see some new faces there and I hope that they also enjoyed themselves today as well.

It was a case of so close and yet so far. Well done Carl on winning today and also Kate for coming third.

I will see you all at the next stop.

Chris G.

I'd like to thank all of the sponsors, Pearsons Automotive, Caboolture Bowl and Animal's Proshop, as well as Jeff, Hillary, Dave and Noel for making the day run smoothly. Also thanks to Jase for shouting lunch.

Thanks to those who turned up, it was a great day. I'll be back for the next one, Jeff, put my name down please.

Well done to those who cut and and to Carl, Chris, and Kate for taking the major places.

Sounds like it was another great day.

I was one of the slackers who didnt make it, and i appologise for that. I did have good reasons though.
Sorry again Jase.

See you all at the next one.

Thanks for the report hammo, well done to carl on another win and to chris great effort in matchplay (better thank animal for that ball chris !!! lol).

Huge thanks to PEARSON AUTOMOTIVE , thanks jase for the free lunch and your support of the sport series.

To the bowlers that didn't show - i know things change last minute things happen but a simple phone call would have been nice !!!!!!

jeff.

Back
Top Bottom