Sport Series Round one

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations to Terry Wenban today on a well deserved win in the first Sport Series event for the year. The day and condition started out to be, what i thought was one of the easier patterns we had bowled on for a sports condition. In saying that i found about the forth game it started to become alot tougher as the day went on.
After 8 games of Qualifying, moving 4 lanes after each game proved to be the challenge. Once again our very own Queensland sport Series owner Carl (bunny:) ) Bottomley proved that it was no challenge for him...

Carl top qualified with and average of 218.25, Terry was second on 197.62 Brian Pilkington was third 195.12 and Tony Hamilton rounded out the top 15 with an average of 175.00...

Heading into match play, the second wash seemed to change the way the condition played from qualifying. 7 games of 3 person match play saw the field move dramatically. 40 points a win and 20 for second really showed how important those bonus pins are. Terry shooting games of 267 198 225 259 to take the lead from Bottomley. With 3 games to play Terry never looked back and went on to win the day from Carl with Brain Pilkington rounding out the top three.

A great day and a well run tournament and many thanks to Caboolture Bowl and Jeff Brigg for a well run tournament once again. See you all at the next stop.

Thanks for the comprehensive round up Jase and thanks again for the sponsorship of the sports series without which we would not be able to compete. Also, thanks to Jeff, and the staff of Caboolture Bowl for a very enjoyable & challenging day.

Lastly congratulations to Terry Wenban on a very well deserved win.

Attached are the Results of Todays Sport Series and Some Graphs

It was a very challenging pattern.

I will have individual game results of the matchplay on my site in the next week.

Attachments

• Sport Series.pdf
    43.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Sport Series Graph.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Matchplay.pdf
    7.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Matchplay graph.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 26
thanks to jase and andrew for getting the scores up so quick, well done to terry on the win.

i would like to know what the bowlers thought of the new format (moving after every game , 8 games ,the matchplay) , do we keep going with this or would it be better to go back to a straight 10 games????

bfcc said:
i would like to know what the bowlers thought of the new format (moving after every game , 8 games ,the matchplay) , do we keep going with this or would it be better to go back to a straight 10 games????

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The Match Play was alot of fun. I think the AMF circuit will benefit from the same format. Makes for an interesting afternoon, and it gave the opportunity for a couple of people that have never made a Match Play final before some well worth experience.

Just my opinion

No, dont go back to a straight 10 games, I think that the 8 games then matchplay is a good format. In the 10 game format the lanes tend to open up a bit in the last 2 games, thus giving some players an advantage over others.

Changing lanes every game also makes for an interesting challenge and should also be held onto.

Matchplay I also think is a good idea, it adds yet another dimension to an enjoyable day.

i agree keep the same format it was the first time i have made a cut and i really enjoyed the match play. i did try paying jeff off but he wanted to much money.

At first i was not sure about only 8 games but after the weekend i like it and think it should stay. Maybe only changing one pair instead of two. Either way you get to cover 95% of the lanes.

And maybe a bit more of a variety in the matchplay. My favorite is droping qualifying pinfall and all starting from scratch.

Either way i will be there so put me down for the next one Jeff.

I enjoyed watching the matchplay and one day I hope to compete in it. Please keep it so that I may one day have a go!

Back
Top Bottom