$10,000 Sunraysia Tenpin Cup

Jez

I know there is a thread down in the Victorian Tournaments section of the forum, but I just wanted to post this to urge everyone to get down / across to Mildura in January for this event.

Dean and the guys down there have obviously put in alot of work to get this event up and running. Australian bowling has been crying out for this type of event and bowlers need to support it if we want to see more on the calendar. You don't have to win the event to get a good return either so get down there and have a crack.

I have never bowled or been to Mildura but knowing Dean and also bowling in other "country" tournaments I am sure it is going to be a great weekend on and off the lanes.

There is still two months to organise your travels and accommodation so no excuses and I hope to see you all there.

Well said Jez. Get in and support this tournament so it's around next year and for years to come.

Thanks for the kind words Jez. Its been a great effort to get this together. The reason im doing it is that i want to give somthing back to the sport. Its always been a dream of mine to have a major tournament in my home centre, to have the best bowlers in Australia and hopefully in the future the world to come here and bowl. Ive had great help from my mate Ray Martin who has put in alot of his own time into this and also to Lisa and Rob who own the bowl. If it wasnt for those other guys helping and the sponsors none of this would be happening. I dont want this to be a one off. I want this to grow. Ive dreamt this is going to be big and the people that know me well know that ill make this big. Cmon guys dont support me. Support the game we love. Support Ten Pin Bowling.

Deano

Great to see bowlers supporting bowlers who have put a lot of work into getting this tournament running. Start putting your names down and make it a suscessful tournament. If it was on 20 years ago I'd be there.
Cheers Lovey

Hey Lovey your never to old. Not only is it gonna be a great tournie, Mildura is known for a good time to and a great place to holiday.

Deano

Great to see bowlers supporting bowlers who have put a lot of work into getting this tournament running. Start putting your names down and make it a suscessful tournament. If it was on 20 years ago I'd be there.
Cheers Lovey

Lovey, you're only as old as the woman you feel!

Hey Guys,
I didn't say I was to old, I just don't want to put all the practice in to be competitive against all you less younger people.
Cheers Lovey

Hey Guys,
I didn't say I was to old, I just don't want to put all the practice in to be competitive against all you less younger people.
Cheers Lovey

Practice, you shouldn't need practice mate, you should have over 102 years of muscle memory to get you through ;)

And Deano is right, practice is just an unnecessary trip to the bowl, when you could be driving to the golf course instead!

Hey Micky Boy,
Speaking of Golf, down to 14 now, next time bring your money with you. Could be the big challenge at Orange, are you in. Remember I play right handed. What's going on !!!!!! I'll give 102 years, you cheeky b.....d
Cheers Lovey

Come on Lovey... your only as old as the person your feeling.

which means ya probably not that old.

Hey Micky Boy,
Speaking of Golf, down to 14 now, next time bring your money with you. Could be the big challenge at Orange, are you in. Remember I play right handed. What's going on !!!!!! I'll give 102 years, you cheeky b.....d
Cheers Lovey

No worries mate, bowling challenges like George and Belmo have been having are for pussies, now golf challenges on the other hand, now we are talking haha.

Oh and I believe I would probably have a hcap of 28 considering the one round of golf I do actually play a year coincides with Orange and I play left handed ;) Wonder if that translates like it does in bowling and the left side of the course is easier haha. ;)

Sorry about the 102 years jibe, my mistake, you haven't been bowling for 102 years, unless you started when you were a baby! lol

Plenty of golf courses up here and pubs to have a drink at later on. C'mon Lovey make a week of it.

Deano

Back
Top Bottom