$10,000 Sunraysia Tenpin Cup January 2012.

Thankyou to all the competitors for their participation.

Congratulations to George Frillingos in winning the first Sunraysia Tenpin Cup.

Final Qualifying Scores attached.

I will post the scores and averages tommorow for the final round.

My apologies for not updating scores as often as requested but being the first year of the tournament things have been very hectic.
A big learning experience for us.

Final positions after today.

1. George Frillingos - $7500
2. Ray Martin - $3500
3. Brenton Davy - $2000
4. Sam Cooley - $1000
5. Ryan Burton - $1000
6. Ashley Warren - $700
7. Jason Walsh - $700
8. Ben Coupland - $700
9. Michael Little - $500
10. Chris Watson - $500
11. Brendan Meads - $500
12. Terry Silva - $500
13. David Altman - $400
14. Bill Johnson - $400
15. Jarrod Lean - $400
16. Michael Muir - $400
17. Troy Gaylard - $325
18. Bruno Maglieri - $325
19 . Damien Robinson - $325
20. Matt Watson - $325
21. Darren Bianci - $325
22. Mick Drummond - $325

Highest non cashing female - Narrelle Baker - $325

Highest non cashing senior - Gordon Robinson - Grand Hotel Accommodation

Encouragement Award - Trent Mathews

Ball Raffle

Rob

Attachments

• Final Qualifying.pdf
    275.4 KB · Views: 309
Thankyou for a great tournament guys. I bowled crap & the heat was a killer but you ran a good tournament & I am sure there will be more in the future.
DJ

in regards to all the complaints about people pulling out i would like to know how many 3 day tournies in australia are run on a working day from what i gather the majority of them when friday and monday are not public holidays are run sat and sund.I reckon next year you will find that more people will bowl because australia day is on saturday which means mond 28th is the australia day holiday so if what i have said on this post is wrong well so be it NO ones perfect just my thoughts

Not sure where this is heading but people had enough notice for this event to organise time off etc. I'm not saying that everyone who put their names down had to turn up as there are situations which just can't be avoided. But up until 2 weeks ago 90 bowlers knew that this tournament was over 3 days, one of which not a public holiday. I think if people want to bowl they will genunely make an effort to get the time off to try and make it.

As has been mentioned before, congratulations to George, Ray and Brenton for their 1st, 2nd and 3rd places respectively... Special thanks to Dean and Ray for getting this event up and running, Rob, Lisa and all the guys at Sunraysia bowl for their efforts over the 3 days and to all the sponsors who put in to make this a great weekend.

One can only hope that it is bigger next year... (Count me in)

i pulled out weeks ago not because i could not get frid off i was out of a job at the time but i pulled out because my wife could not get the day off from her work she is philippino and only been in australia 2years there was no way i was going to leave her home by herself because of the 2 house break ins we have had so i realy hope that the tournament is bigger and better next year because i will be making a big effort to be there and as you said micky sometimes it just cant b avoided that SOME people have to pull out

in regards to all the complaints about people pulling out i would like to know how many 3 day tournies in australia are run on a working day from what i gather the majority of them when friday and monday are not public holidays are run sat and sund.I reckon next year you will find that more people will bowl because australia day is on saturday which means mond 28th is the australia day holiday so if what i have said on this post is wrong well so be it NO ones perfect just my thoughts

Yet another excuse. The ones who pulled out didn't have a calendar anywhere to look at? Yes it will be easier next year if the holiday is on the Friday but that is no excuse for putting your name in when you know the holiday was on the Thursday then using it as an excuse not to bowl.

Everyone realizes people can't make it sometimes but they don't need to lie about it.

Well done to Dean and Ray for organising the tourney and to Rob and Lisa for all the work they also put in to make sure it went well. Great to see all the bowlers who turned up to support his tourney.

Well done to George, Ray and the others who cashed.

its not another excuse i have plenty of calendars big mouth and besides as i said the holiday is on the monday because australia day falls on sat

Congrats George on the win, you bowled well all weekend.

Congrats Ray on your awesome effort, keep up the good work.

Thanks to Rob, Lisa and everyone else for a fantastic weekend, im sure next year will be bigger and better :)
Also thanks to Dean and Ray for organising such a awesome tourny. Look forward to next year already.

Well done to Ash Warren on your 300.

Great to catch up with everyone and meet some new faces along the way. See you all next year

Thanks to Deano, Rob, Lisa and the crew for a great tournament - well run - looking forward to the next one.
Congrats to winner George Frillingos and Ashley Warren 300.

Cheers Bill and carol Johnson

i pulled out weeks ago not because i could not get frid off i was out of a job at the time but i pulled out because my wife could not get the day off from her work she is philippino and only been in australia 2years there was no way i was going to leave her home by herself because of the 2 house break ins we have had so i realy hope that the tournament is bigger and better next year because i will be making a big effort to be there and as you said micky sometimes it just cant b avoided that SOME people have to pull out

I dont think you should have to expain on an open forum WHY you cant turn up, if you cant - you cant simple as that, I just think that some people put their names down and realized months ago they would not be there and then with a week or less to go to the event decided to let the organisors know, or not even at all!!!! THAT my friend is just a ****'s act. Not at all implying that is what you would have done as you have already said.

Any way whats done is done and its was a good week endish, we asked for a challenge, we got it, and might i add i .... failed! But good on George for showing us all what it takes to be at the top of the tree, very profesional, great to see so many of the 'elite' bowlers in Oz stepping out of the city(s) into a country centre and plonking their hard earned into a great event and showing us country lads how to bowl in big events. Great to watch, always trying to pick up a few pointers to try and better my own game so I can compete higher up.

Cheers

I dont think you should have to expain on an open forum WHY you cant turn up, if you cant - you cant simple as that, I just think that some people put their names down and realized months ago they would not be there and then with a week or less to go to the event decided to let the organisors know, or not even at all!!!! THAT my friend is just a ****'s act. Not at all implying that is what you would have done as you have already said.

Any way whats done is done and its was a good week endish, we asked for a challenge, we got it, and might i add i .... failed! But good on George for showing us all what it takes to be at the top of the tree, very profesional, great to see so many of the 'elite' bowlers in Oz stepping out of the city(s) into a country centre and plonking their hard earned into a great event and showing us country lads how to bowl in big events. Great to watch, always trying to pick up a few pointers to try and better my own game so I can compete higher up.

Cheers

nicely said, I will certainly be back next year, maybe around winter time next year please? :)

nicely said, I will certainly be back next year, maybe around winter time next year please? :)

I mentioned to Dean that perhaps they should butter the Melbourne Cup folk up and swap weekends lol. The heat sucked balls, I certainly didn't enjoy Saturday, but what can you do lol ;)

This was a well run tournament, the guys from the tournament team from front to backend staff put in the hard yards to make this work, I hope everyone is as appreciative of their efforts as I am, because putting on a tournament like this is no easy feat and they pulled it off with little hassle, I think the whole event ran pretty smoothly. These guys just wanted to put on a good show and I think they did this well. The amount of sponsorship for this event was superb and a rare sight to see these days. I think some of the so called more experienced tournament promoters would do well to take a leaf out of their book.

I hope this tournament is back, bigger and better next year and these guys get the entries they should to support it and keep it going.

your very right (the one) about people pulling out with a week or less to go at least i let deano know 2months before

As always guys thanks for all your comments. Because I love feedback and think we can continue to improve this event here are a few more questions for you . . :D

What did you think of the format ?

What did you think of the lane condition ?

And any other comments ?

Cheers Ray . .

As always guys thanks for all your comments. Because I love feedback and think we can continue to improve this event here are a few more questions for you . . :D

What did you think of the format ?

What did you think of the lane condition ?

And any other comments ?

Cheers Ray . .

Ray

I think the format overall was very good. The two days qualifying gave everyone the chance as you had 16 games to find a line over two 8 game sessions. The only thing to look at on this though is if we do get the field this tournament deserves for next year and it reverts to the original 4 qualifying Squads is what time will A Squad have to start and what time will D Squad finish.

Assuming we have the 4 Squads both days then we need to look at formats that make it viable to allow for enough finalists to encourage the retention of entries and for them to finish early enough so Melbourne and Adelaide bowlers can drive home safely (i.e not be getting home around midnight after bowling early on that day) and for all bowlers flying in to make there flights home without having to fly within an hour of bowling.

I think there are a few options based on getting 4 x 28 bowlers turn up for the event. Ideally at least 100 bowlers. Note all options retain the current 16 games qualifying over two days.

1. Keep this years format of top 16 then Double Elimination and extend prizepayout to 1 in 3. (Pay to 33rd /100 bowlers; 37/112)
2. Extend Double Elimination format to top 28 Top 4 bowlers get bye to round three (Pay to 33rd /100 bowlers; 37/112)
3. Cut to 32 after 16 Games. Top 32 bowl a further 4 games (Pinfall carried over). Cut to top 16 then Double Elimination format. (Pay 33rd / 37th)
4. Cut to 32 after 16 Games. Top 32 bowl a further 4 games (Pinfall carried over). Cut to top 15 then 7 X 3 to a pair matchplay. Top 3 Step Ladder. (Pay 33rd / 37th)

Hope this helps Ray. Maybe use these options and any other suggestions you might get and set up a poll.

By the way Ray can you post the results for the finals showing all the Rounds if possible.

Is anyone missing a bowling ball from the weekend.
Amongst the the few towels, puff balls etc. we have found a bowling ball in a double tote that does not live in Mildura.

Anyone that wants to claim it just let me know what ball it is.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom