$10,000 Sunraysia Tenpin Cup January 2012.

Plus 35-40 degrees is beautiful. Bloody softies. lol. Its great drinking weather by the river. What more do people want. LOL

Deano

try running a tournament in an AMF centre in January....Sa Cup ran the last 4-5 years without any air conditioning... Re built the centre last year and they still havent put in an air conditioning system to cope with the size of the centre. Not the only AMF centre in Adelaide at the moment that has %#&@ air con system. Hear another centre in the Nth East suburbs has blown up & the centre has made it clear they arent going to fix it. Just another instance of the contempt some of these centres have for there league bowlers.
Hopefully if Mildura bowl isnt an AMF owned centre the outside temperature wont be a factor in the bowl.

I agree, I don't see how almost 30 bowlers when all said and done, will have pulled out after initially saying they were bowling. A lot of last minute dropouts, everyone can't be washing their hair this weekend surely. You might expect a few dropouts due to last minute stuff, but 20-30 over the last week or so till now is almost laughable if so much wasn't at stake for these guys who have put so much hard work into this tournament.

Lets check off a few points but all seem positive in my eyes
- Biggest prize fund on current bowling circuit
- Tournament organisers who are interested in what we the bowlers want and listen (and unfortunately, have had to adapt in a not so positive way)
- Tournament organisers who are genuinely interested in just running a good tournament, showing the type of shot on offer via Youtube has rarely been done before
- Organising a truckload of sponsorship for this event, rare to get any sponsorship these days

Possible drawbacks
- Entry fee, although only marginally higher than most normal tournaments, 50-75 higher, or about 20-25%, but the payout over a normal tournament is approx 150-200% greater, so IMO this kind of makes up for it ;)
- Its in Mildura, but my understanding there is a good local scene, Melbourne and Adelaide are a few hours or so away, so there shouldn't be any excuse for those especially in SA not turning up to play if they are interested in tournaments (and whinge about lack of tournaments) and for that matter, how can they constantly get 30-50 bowlers for most Victorian sports series, but barely more than that for a normal tournament forgetting the cost argument? So the only real bowlers with excessive travel expenses are those jetting in from Brisbane and Sydney, but I bet these guys make up more than a 1/3 to 1/2 of the field.

Real drawbacks or negatives
- Haven't really seen one yet. It is a new tournament, trying to find a format bowlers like, trying its hardest to succeed based on what the tournament bowlers want. There are always going to be teething problems with new things, but these are the tournaments we as tournament bowlers should be supporting.

Agreed, I may as well be from another state, its an 8 hour drive from our side of Vic, thats why i am drving to melb getting on a little old plane and flying the other 59mins to Mildura! I believe some people must be sitting back and said ahhh f*** it, cant be bothered, which is crap.

David fair point. Just that it is a 3 day tournament and there are not many long weekends in the year. It quite easy to say put it at another time but when???? Labour Day weekend is Vic Country Cup, Easter is Australian Open, Labour Day is Melbourne Cup. Im up for any suggestions as ive said before. I want what the bowlers want. Much appreciated though for all the feedback.

Plus 35-40 degrees is beautiful. Bloody softies. lol. Its great drinking weather by the river. What more do people want. LOL

Deano

Are you for real, your off your chops, hope you've got a pool at home or something! Better stock up the fridge! See ya soon Brother!

I am sitting at the airport now about to board a plane to Melb then on to Mildura and really looking forward to the weekend.

As for the comments regarding an entry form this could help in gaining some entries I guess but the more dissappointing thing is people put there names down so they knew about the tournament and committed to coming. To have such a high number drop out at the last minute in my opinion is just plain wrong unless exception circumstances.

I am not one for deposits but unfortunately I think this maybe where we need to go...up front deposit or your name it not on the list...if you pull out you lose your deposit and it stays in the prizefund...I am sure this will stop people just getting on an putting there name down and then deciding not to bowl a week before which is not fair for everyone involved.

Anyway gotta run flight is being called...see you all soon!

Latest scores for Block 2, with squads B & C finished.

--Jason

Attachments

• Block 2 squads B&C.pdf
    220.3 KB · Views: 369
I wish. then I could come back tomorrow and re-bowl those last 2 games I attrosously stuffed up!!!:swear: :swear:

We ARE interested!! Need to know how Brendan is going as he MAY be an 'old person' tournament sponsor .... lol

Brendan has been knocked out.

Still left is George underfeated. Playing now is Ray Martin vs Brenton Davy the winner to play George

in regards to all the complaints about people pulling out i would like to know how many 3 day tournies in australia are run on a working day from what i gather the majority of them when friday and monday are not public holidays are run sat and sund.I reckon next year you will find that more people will bowl because australia day is on saturday which means mond 28th is the australia day holiday so if what i have said on this post is wrong well so be it NO ones perfect just my thoughts

Back
Top Bottom