Which Tournament have the best service?

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels
Which Tournaments around Australia do you think offer the best service, updated results & the best payouts?

I'm interested to hear your comments on this topic, Feedback is the best way on how we can improve our Product to the bowlers.

Glenn Rowland
NSW Tournament Director
AMF Bowling Centres Aust

well my son bowled in the weribee youth cup and having the results on line and quickly updated was just fantastic for me as i was here in qld so i knew how he was doing.

the payouts were good as well

but the most important thing was that the people who ran the tourny were very nice and friendly and made everybody feel very welcome, even if the winner did come from qld !!!!!

I think there are no doubts about the Melbourne Cup at Ed Fleming Lanes, both Adults and the U/23's tournaments being the best run tournaments in Australia at the current time. The reason i believe these are so successful are because, simply, they offer what bowlers want (50% of the field cashes) and other small things eg. Free drinks for bowlers. Another thing is these tournaments have SPONSORS that contribute a lot. After reading the entry form for the 2003 Melbourne Cup, i realised that the $30,000 prize fund is raised completely from entry fees from bowlers and all the game fees, free drinks and other things are provided by sponsors. So i think basically, to have a good running tournament you need sponsors, and to offer something that appeals to the bowlers.

Other tournaments that also come to mind are the Werribee Youth Cup and also the Brunswick Cup in Canberra.

Back
Top Bottom