Where Have they all gone?

In any other industry, 3 weeks straight of night shifts with no days off, would almost be considered illegal. But at the moment I am a week into that roster. Don't mistake this for bitching though because i did the roster for this fortnight coming and this week I am covering for another Tech who has suffered a close family loss.

I love being a tech, I really do. I'm good at what I do and I always help where needed. I recently went into a bowl that I use to work for and the poor tech was getting slammed left right and centre and was having trouble keeping up with all the problems, so i went and helped out. I am happy to do this no matter where I go. I've even thought about doing contract work for centres in need.

As a long term tech, personally if a centre offered me a wage that was worth it, I would happily do this job till I retire. But at the moment, $17.20 doesn't come close to someone who has all the grown-up bills and 4 kids.

I don't want a million, just what's fair. I love the Bowling Industry, just wish i could afford to stay working in it.

So the last time I posted in this topic, I had left the industry & was moving. Well when I finally got to where I was moving to, I ended up picking up a casual tech job whilst trying to complete an apprenticeship.

Due to financial issues, I had to accept the FM position which was offered to me 6 months later, & here I am today.

My biggest gripe is that I can't balance the work that's expected of me - without my machines, our business has no product to sell. Would you rather me paint a wall which people barely see, or fix the machine which has put out 10 calls for the week? Apparently my superiors prefer the painting. Serious motivation killer.

Back
Top Bottom