WESTERN SUPERLEAGUE RESULTS

Went to Werribee last night, after speaking with Edi.

She is all for the idea about trying different conditions, but it would be up to the league if they want to try it. After speaking to the techs there as well, it seems they would need to re-oil the lanes after the league before finished, which means the league may not hit the lanes until 9 pm. I wouldnt have a problem with that, but others may ...

On the good side, Paul and I inserted a 2002 World FIQ for Adult pattern in the machine last night. It played pretty well, backends were extremely sharp, but you got good length. Ive got some other patterns we are going to test on the lanes sometime in the future (yes Paul, I fluked the password guessing hehe), to see what plays well and what doesnt. All I can say is, you gotta be accurate, 1 board to the left, ball goes brooklyn, 1 board to the right, and you miss the head pin.

Mark,

Good suggestion. What's say we go the whole hog and organise an annual Melbourne Launcestion challenge??? We could have one tourny at Werribee and then the return match down in sunny Launceston (it would have to be in summer wouldn't it???).

You could do the good accommodation deal for the visiting Melbourne bowlers. Just need to work out the format etc, and fit it into a weekend where it doesn't clash with anything else. It could be teams, doubles, whatever can be worked out.

Any interest????

Jane.

PS: How's the thumb been since Melb?

Okay Guys,

enough talk. You want a Tassie vs Vic challenge- well form a committee and get it done. I'll gladly assist in trying to get some sponsorship. (Pity John Gotti died in NY last week).
Don't know if Tassie would want to get its arse kicked on the Mainland though.

Went to Werribee last night, after speaking with Edi.

She is all for the idea about trying different conditions, but it would be up to the league if they want to try it. After speaking to the techs there as well, it seems they would need to re-oil the lanes after the league before finished, which means the league may not hit the lanes until 9 pm. I wouldnt have a problem with that, but others may ...

On the good side, Paul and I inserted a 2002 World FIQ for Adult pattern in the machine last night. It played pretty well, backends were extremely sharp, but you got good length. Ive got some other patterns we are going to test on the lanes sometime in the future (yes Paul, I fluked the password guessing hehe), to see what plays well and what doesnt. All I can say is, you gotta be accurate, 1 board to the left, ball goes brooklyn, 1 board to the right, and you miss the head pin.

Dont let them hold a party before hand, they spike your drinks and make you throw up before the tournament ... I learnt that first hand

Okay Guys,

enough talk. You want a Tassie vs Vic challenge- well form a committee and get it done. I'll gladly assist in trying to get some sponsorship. (Pity John Gotti died in NY last week).
Don't know if Tassie would want to get its arse kicked on the Mainland though.

Dont let them hold a party before hand, they spike your drinks and make you throw up before the tournament ... I learnt that first hand

You certainlly didnt need any help there milkman, u were quite capable of drinking enough to sink the Titanic...lol, but yes it sounds like a great idea...Tas vs Vic......we could call it the "kick a vic cup"....
icon_biggrin.gif
...just let me know what you would like me to do in regards to help organise this, it would make a great annual event.

Mark Foster

Let's get it going!

Why don't we call it the "Southern Stars Challenge?" I would like to schedule it for January if that is okay with you, and I think I could get some $$$ from a sponsor too.

Perhaps we should chat on the phone and get something organised (format etc...) You can call me on (03)9741 9777 at Werribee Superbowl. It may also be more realistic (due to costs) to have one in Vic 1st year, then head south second year.(or vica versa)

Cameron may like to be involved too. The more the merrier! Please post suggestions on this site in terms of formats. It would be best to have it over 2-3 days to maximise the travel factor.

For all those Tasmanians who would be game enough to take us on, I have one word of advice.... be afraid, be very afraid.

Edi (Werribee Superbowl)

You certainlly didnt need any help there milkman, u were quite capable of drinking enough to sink the Titanic...lol, but yes it sounds like a great idea...Tas vs Vic......we could call it the "kick a vic cup"....
icon_biggrin.gif
...just let me know what you would like me to do in regards to help organise this, it would make a great annual event.

Mark Foster

Let's get it going!

Why don't we call it the "Southern Stars Challenge?" I would like to schedule it for January if that is okay with you, and I think I could get some $$$ from a sponsor too.

Perhaps we should chat on the phone and get something organised (format etc...) You can call me on (03)9741 9777 at Werribee Superbowl. It may also be more realistic (due to costs) to have one in Vic 1st year, then head south second year.(or vica versa)

Cameron may like to be involved too. The more the merrier! Please post suggestions on this site in terms of formats. It would be best to have it over 2-3 days to maximise the travel factor.

For all those Tasmanians who would be game enough to take us on, I have one word of advice.... be afraid, be very afraid.

Edi (Werribee Superbowl)

Now that every one is back from the Junior Nationals we will have to sit down and nut something out. We will keep you posted and be checking with you for your thoughts.

Edi

Now that every one is back from the Junior Nationals we will have to sit down and nut something out. We will keep you posted and be checking with you for your thoughts.

Edi

Back
Top Bottom