VSS EPPING SPORTS CUP 5 RESULTS

ganopes

Results from 10 games qualifying on Scorpian.

1st Dillan De Mather - 2305
2nd Brett Smith - 2299
3rd Andrew Tonkin - 2291
4th Narelle Baker - 2271
5th Mark Dodds - 2249
6th Jimmy Bowles - 2212
7th Rob Zikmam - 2208
8th Jeanette Baker - 2194
9th Jason Newman - 2188
10th Ralph Harford - 2165
11th Chris Mesagno - 2159
12th Jenny Camilleri - 2149
----------------------
13th Frank Bell - 2146
14th Craig Ryan - 2139
15th Hugh Livingstone - 2137
16th John Clemmet - 2122

Special congrats to John Clemmet for shooting 300 in game 10 in A squad and picking up the $300 thanks to High Point Motors.

Check in tomorrow is 9.30am with a 10.00am for 12 games matchplay on Chameleon.
Top 3 make it through to the Step Ladder TV Final.

Cheers
Dillan.

After today's farce, don't expect to get too many Left Handers fronting up to the VSS tournaments in the future, especially me.

If you care to examine the scores, you will note that there isn't a lefty in the top 20.

With only 5 lefties in a field of about 36, there never was any chance of the shot opening up, especially with the amount of oil on the lanes.

I asked Dillan about the volume of oil and the lame excuse was that it was exactly as prescribed by the PBA.

I'm willing to bet that THEIR technicians take into account the percentage of left and right hand bowlers and adjust the volume on each side accordingly, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing ANY left handers making the finals on the PBA, but you do.

Give me a fair shot and I'll match it with the best of them.

But if you block me out, don't expect me to contribute to your prize fund.

A very disgruntled, PROUD LEFTY.

Editted because i'm so sick of it.

Good luck to the fellow finalists tomorrow.

Well done so far Dillan for a great job running the event, copping swearing and abuse on the lanes and still outbowling all of us so far!

Good luck to those guys bowling today... Would have liked to have bowled or even be there to watch but work prevails.

Brien if i put Cheetah down i bet the lefties would dominate!
Can talk about it more but im off to the bowl early to organise things for today.
Thanks,
Dillan.

On edit - thinking back to the 7 sports events we have run. We have had at least 1 or more lefties make the Top 6 final at 4 events.
The TOC pattern we didn't have a lefty make, VIPER at Epping i'm not sure if we had any lefties in the field and this weekend. Every other event a lefty was up there.
Also the pattern for Emerson shield was a modified version of Scorpian ran last weekend and Porto top averaged on the pattern.
I think 4 out of 7 finals isn't a bad ratio.
Scorpian was also the pattern run at BOWL-A-RAMA and 2 lefties made the final there.
Best regards,
Dillan.

Congrats Narelle on your WIN today... (and your mum was there to see it)

Jimmy, well done - 2nd..

Also Jenny well bowled...

Final Results after Matchplay.

1st Jimmy Bowles - 228 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 5119
2nd Narelle Baker - 209 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 5039
3rd Dillan De Mather - 214 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 5038
4th Jeanette Baker - 212 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4996
5th Brett Smith - 212 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4943
6th Jenny Camilleri - 204 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4815
7th Ralph Harford - 207 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4809
8th Andrew Tonkin - 199 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4780
9th Jason Newman - 205 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4739
10th Mark Dodds - 195 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4732
11th Chris Mesagno - 206 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4693
12th Rob Zikman - 178 Match Play ave - Total Pinfall - 4394

Step Ladder Final -

3rd Dillan De Mather 199 v 2nd Narelle Baker 213

1st Jimmy Bowles - 221 v 2nd Narelle Baker 221

Narelle Won in a 9th and 10th frame roll off.

1st Narelle Baker
2nd Jimmy Bowles
3rd Dillan De Mather

Thanks to every one for making this a great event. Jenny and all the staff at Epping who do a fantastic job.
Ebonite for sponsoring the 2008 Victorian Sports Series, many thanks to David McEwan.
Highpoint Motors for throwing their support behind the final and donating $300 to the first 300 and Graham Pearson from One Page Web.

I would like to thank everyone who has bowled and supported the events in the sports series this year, i look forward to a bigger and better 2009.
Please keep and eye out for the TV final on Channel 31 thanks to the Tenpin Bowling Show.

Cheers,
Dillan De Mather

Huge congrats to Narelle on the win.
Jimmy bowled so well all day, once again showing his talent.
To all the bowlers in matchplay, well done on putting on a very entertaining day on what didnt look to be the easiest condition. Dillans final game to make the show was so strong.

Thanks to Jenny and Staff at Epping, great facility.

To Dillan, many thanks as a sponsor and a bowler on the amount of work you have put in this year. Looking forward to next year.

The Tenpin Bowling show did a great job, can't wait to see the coverage.

And to all the bowlers who said a personal thanks to us for sponsoring the series, thank you.

David

Narelle congrats on the bowling so well this weekend :D
A much deserving winner indeed

David with OTB and Ebontie Sponsors without you guys events like this never run and its great to see the support from the bowlers also...

Jenny and staff at epping a huge congrats on runnning a great tournement
Its always a pleasure bowling up there

Look forward to a bigger and better yr next yr
Jimmy Bowles

Here are the print outs from Q/F and Matchplay.

Attachments

• VSS Matchplay.jpg
    VSS Matchplay.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 92
  • VSS Qualifying scores.jpg
    VSS Qualifying scores.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 101
Congratulations to the winners and ALL bowlers who took part.

The aim of this sports series is not to determine the best bowler (sure we would all like to win) but to give everyone the EXPERIENCE of bowling on patterns that the worlds best bowl on. It gives ALL the EXPERIENCE of bowling on a pattern that will play a lot TIGHTER then what we would traditionally bowl on in league.

Looking back on things, maybe the left hand side didn't open up like the right hand side did, but that is BOWLING. For all I know, B squad might've opened up quicker then A squad. Who knows, and quite frankly who cares?

The aim of these events is to get exposure and to challenge yourself.
No offense Brien, but you averaged under 180. That would suggest to me that not only did you not find a shot, but your spare shooting game must've been lacking as well. (and for the record, I fought hard for 6 games before my shot opened up a bit.... but i still managed to find myself -20 after 6).

Thank you to Dillan and the team behind the VSS, as well as Jenny and her team at Epping. I look forward to the 2009 VSS where we can all CHALLENGE ourselves with the one common goal.... TO IMPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dillan,

Well done on a truely great event, congrats to all who contributed, well done "Rellie" its about time you showed what you can do! !

I trust you and the Sports Series will receive the support it deserves in 2009 !!

You can count on the continued support of the OZ Tenpin group for this and future events!

Thanks Oztenpin and Dillan for an event fit to call the final. An excellent event ran by Mrs Awesome Jen and her crew. Great Job Narelle, Jimmy and Dill for making the telecast, and well done to Jeanette Baker and Robert Zikman, proudly flying the flag for the seniors by making the cut!

Looking forward to an even better 2009. I'll just have to call the Whaaaaambulance for someone if they enter the next event :D

Thankyou for a well run event, it was tough on the left but the pay off for me was shooting my first 300 tonight in practice. The house shot sure was easy by comparison and of course it wasn't league but l am learning a little more every Event l bowl. See you all at the next one.

Even tho i only bowled one event, A BIG thanks to all who took part in setting up the events, sponsors and organizers. i will be taking part in more of these events if they continue next year...

Congratulations to Narelle for winning the tournament.
You bowled well all weekend, it was well deserved.

To Jimmy & Dillan for coming 2nd & 3rd & making the final, well done to the both of you, you bowled exceptional both days.

To Dillan, well done again on running a fantastic tournament. Without people like you we wouldn't have anything like this.
Even running the tournament you were finally able to make a Cut!! I know how happy you were about that as well, so well done.

To Jenny & the Epping staff, you were fantastic the whole weekend & things couldn't have run any smoother.

We are both looking forward to the VSS tournaments in 2009...

Jenny & Alan ;)

Thankyou to all for the congrats......

Jimmy & Dillian well bowled all weekend.
To everyone else that competed it was great challenge and fight from all.
Rob I hope your hammy is ok.....:)

Dillian well done for all the effort and hard work you put in with running the tournament ,look forward to bowling more of VSS next year....

Jenny and the staff at OZ tenpin Epping thanks to all for your hard work over the weekend.

Thanks to all the sponsors these events would not run without your support.
A special thanks to my personal sponsor OTB Bowling.

Thanks to all the supporters especially Lisa your are the best & my Mum you finally got to see me WIN an event after all these years watching me....

Narelle

OTB Bowling
Ebonite NVD
Ebonite Gamebreaker

Back
Top Bottom