URGENT... but no surprises.

The CEO and Board of TBA have continuously told us that they are now above board with every descision they make. They refer to there new rules, regulations and policies with the commiment to uphold our standards and bring integrity back into our sport.

The CEO has also said to me that she will not change or bend the rules for the benifit of certain others.

This upcoming weekend, the 14th and 15th of march, there will be a roll off held for the Asian Schools Championships which will determine the male and female teams being sent away to represent our country in this prestigious event.

In the nomination form the following was outlined;

"Please know that to be eligble for selection bowlers MUST be 18 and under, that is born in the year of or after 1991."

It has come to my attention that various bowlers have questioned the age limit regarding this event, recieving confirmation from the ABF that the cut off year for this event in their rules is infact 1990.

With this being said, there are a number of bowlers who have now enquired and RECIEVED exemptions for these roll offs to be allowed to participate having the knowledge of the ABF rules. This knowledge that particular bowlers and the TBA now have has not been shared with the rest of the TBA members, more importantly those who would be entitled to the same exemption process.

TBA made a decision to set the cut off year as 1991, which is allowed as it stays within the 2009 Asian School Tournament rules. Whether making the cut off year as 1991 was incidental or not, this is what the TBA included in the criteria and it should be upheld.

So just where does the new TBA system become fair and just?
- Is it when it decides to allow bowlers to roll off for an event when they dont meet the stated criteria?
- Or is it when they give out exemptions to those that enquire but not allow others to be told that they may have an oppertunity too?
- Or is it when the TBA decides that it is okay to allow exemptions from people who didn't even nominate by the due date?

This whole situation is upsetting as TBA are our nominated governing body who manage our RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES within our sport and they have yet again stunted the growth of bowling in australia.

So to all the juniors who aged out last year...
If you want to roll off this weekend to have a chance to represent your country, a duty you are entitled to, then give the TBA a call.
The process is quick, simple, and no paperwork involved like the rest had to deal with.
And if they decided to refuse your exemption? Ask them why it didn't happen with the others.

Contact TBA directly on (07)3262 4455 or email [email protected]

Well done TBA, good track record, keep it up.

Marc Triulcio
TBA Member No. ????????

There has been problems with management of roll off dates and criteria.

The situation regards age will also involve the Asian Youth Team: previous ABF criteria has stated "4.4 The players must be no older than 22 years plus 364 days on 1 January of the year of the championships" - for 2009 Asian youth event that would mean bowlers from 1986 and above. The TBA has chosen criteria that states 1987 and above.

The Asian youth championships have been postponed until January 2010 but age guidelines will not change.

And let it be noted that the TBA can have a separate criteria as long as it encompasses the ABF criteria.

I wrote to the TBA Office highlighting the fact that the asian youth roll off is set for the same dates as another National event, Junior Nationals. The age criteria for youth for ABF is '22 years and..(under)' which means our juniors may participate - and most of them are in Shield teams at Nationals.

These issues are not complaints but concerns, equality for all our bowlers and clear guidelines are the least we expect.

Who is advising the committee that is setting these dates and criteria?

Everybody makes mistakes, what you do about them is the important thing.

Leanne

I have received many calls/emails re question of age and criteria for Asian Youth.
Please refer your calls to the CEO of TBA.
I have emailed the offce and they have confirmed that my request for official position has been passed on to Gillian.
When I here back I will let everyone know.

The questions re Asian Schools Roll Off were brought up regards honesty and equity in the nomination process.
Cut off for exemptions 13th Feb, cut off for nominations 15th Feb. Any changes to the criteria or exemption process would have been advertised and everyone would know about them.
You need to put a little trust into TBA and Gillian. I don't believe an organisation as professional as TBA would make changes without advertsing.

Thanks, Leanne

Back
Top Bottom