Upcoming Sun City Open - Townsville

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just to let everyone know as at 5/10/01 they had 42 entries and B squad was full. Looks to be a great event and you can still get flights for $264 return through QANTAS and Virgin.

1st $1500 plus trophy and free entry in 2002 event
2nd $850
3rd $700
4th $600
5th $550
6th $450
7th $350
8th $300
9th $280......... with 20th being $160

# Entry is $160

# Tournament High Game Male/Female - High performance Track ball

# High game bonus for non qualifiers - $50

# $1000 for the 1st 300 game

# Preview skins, ladies division and much more!!!!!

# email: [email protected] for more info or ring them direct on 07 47797804

See you there

George,

Great post, I think this is going to be a really great tournament with some really high scores.

The lanes are really good at the moment having just been totally resurfaced. We had a Junior Open on the weekend, with the top qualifier shooting +105 for 10 games.

In the matchplay(top 10) the top seed shot a 224 average with the top 4 kids shooting over the card.

The lanes are such that they suit both power players and strokers, and their is a reasonable margin for error.

Of the 42 entries to date it is really great to see guys of the calibre of Ian Hughes, Jon King, yourself,Ian Schuler,Rob Buckley and Jason Davis travelling from Brisbane and Melbourne to bowl. I am hoping a few more guys like Trevor Bouker, Chris Quaill make the trip up to make the competition as tough as possible.

So if you are from down south and want to test your talent against some good local bowlers, on lanes that are extremely fair but not set up for ridiculously high scores then give this one a go (provided you are not scared of getting your butt kicked by us hick local bowlers!!!).

On these lanes if you shoot a 220 average (which you can) then you have deserved it, not like down south where 180 average bowlers are shooting international telephone numbers.

Hope to see you up here

Steve Hunt

Well 55 entries and rising, the prizefund will be paid out in full (barring a minor disaster). With still 2 weeks to go this event looks like a winner I wonder who's going to win, a local or a out of towner?

Calcutta tickets have already surpased 400. Get in quick for those lucky tickets and your chance of owning a legend and making some cash.

I bet $10 on an out of towner taking out the event this year (again), see everyone there.

I would like to start a reserve price on funky chicken, $2 C A S H (as John Wilk would say)

well funky chicken, just 5 days to go before the big weekend. I've heard the right has been ditched up a bit up 10 but how long will it last??? There's no lefties up there to get a read off but I think 19 games on the right is a big ask??

Calcutta should be interesting, I'm sure there will be some green and yellow notes being passed on some quality horses. I'll have my bookie on the phone as the action is taking place. See you on Sat.

G

George,

I think the lanes will really surprise you. I bowled on them today after they had 15 games of league on them, and then Geoff and I shot 12 games each on them and there was still heaps of oil coming back on the ball.

The back ends can be a little bit inconsistant, but overall they are pretty good with there being a shot for most people.

Three people in the last 2 weeks have started with the first 9 in a row before stuffing the 10th so I actually think the $1000 will go.

I think plenty of $50 & $100 bills are going to change hands in the calcutta, I know of at least two syndicates who have 5+ members with a combines total of about $600 to spend. You and Hughsey will probably be the biggest money spinners, so I hope you've got plenty as I know you will be trying to buy yourself. I went for $24 in Mackay so if I can get me for that again I will be very happy.

See you Saturday

Steve
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom