Undecided..

kjharry

Not so newbie...
Been out of the game for about 6 years now... half contemplating getting back into the game. Have some equipment still but know it will need upgrading before too long..

Which ball company is the "leader" out there in the big bad world these days?? What are most of the mid to high range (Rachuig level) bowlers using?

harry... its a very open ended post.

There are plenty of "leaders".. pick any of the major brands and you will be fine, someone here will be able to assist in more detail but the truth is that alot of the brands come out of the same place anyway.

As for coming back and not buying new gear... thats just not possible, trust me, its kinda addictive and necessary to keep up with everyone else...

Good Luck!

I would honestly say that Storm is the definate leader. Though I prefer Brunswick, I feel that Storm is by far the most popular and most used wherever you go.

Quite honestly I think there is probably 10% difference between all the brands and 90% of it comes down to whether a bowler thinks the name/colour is cool, whether their fave bowler uses it, so they do.

If you got the same ball and put Brunswick/Storm/ C300/Global 900 or Ebonite. You would have people saying their ball is superior.

At the end of the day, all the big names have a great arsenal from Entry to High Performance. I think if you got a Brunswick Alpha Max/Storm Virtual Gravity/Ebonite Mission Domination and drilled them all identical. I don't think there would a vast difference.

harry... its a very open ended post.

There are plenty of "leaders".. pick any of the major brands and you will be fine, someone here will be able to assist in more detail but the truth is that alot of the brands come out of the same place anyway.

As for coming back and not buying new gear... thats just not possible, trust me, its kinda addictive and necessary to keep up with everyone else...

Good Luck!

Thanks Roy, I know I didn't give a geat deal of info to go by but your thoughts have helped. I just *know* that if I start again I will want to get a new bag of gear..

Cheers and thanks again!

I would honestly say that Storm is the definate leader. Though I prefer Brunswick, I feel that Storm is by far the most popular and most used wherever you go.

Quite honestly I think there is probably 10% difference between all the brands and 90% of it comes down to whether a bowler thinks the name/colour is cool, whether their fave bowler uses it, so they do.

If you got the same ball and put Brunswick/Storm/ C300/Global 900 or Ebonite. You would have people saying their ball is superior.

At the end of the day, all the big names have a great arsenal from Entry to High Performance. I think if you got a Brunswick Alpha Max/Storm Virtual Gravity/Ebonite Mission Domination and drilled them all identical. I don't think there would a vast difference.

Thanks Toon, that is the info I was after - I figured Storm was still out there as a widely used "powerhouse" An intersting point to note as well, they appeared to be one of the better sites to do a base analysis of the best fit of their gear.

I know Visionary were starting to make a mark when I gave it away too - any thoughts on their range at all?

Cheers!

G'Day Kimberley,

Honestly, bowl with what you have for a few weeks or months. Then once you are back in the swing and bowling the ball nice again you will have a good idea of what you need to own.

G'Day Kimberley,

Honestly, bowl with what you have for a few weeks or months. Then once you are back in the swing and bowling the ball nice again you will have a good idea of what you need to own.

Hi John, thanks for your thoughts. That is going to be the plan *if* I decide to scratch the itch of course - still not sure yet :confused:

Yep - that is what I am afraid of John... Not so much the itch but the additction once back into the game.. Would be far easier to ignore of the local centre wasn't literally inder five minutes walk away... :eek:

Definately addictive.

Good thing the bowling balls are to big to swollow.

I have bought ten balls in ten months back. My wife wishes she had said no.

Those are the 10 he'll own up to, Shaun!

Hey Kim, welcome back!

So many good balls out there. This is a big question. It comes down to what you're looking for in terms of reaction.

Toon sums it up nicely. They're all so good nowadays. Even the "little" brands like Motiv and Lane#1 (who make a hot pink reactive ball that hits like a truck btw!). Seek out a good pro shop and ask some questions. Or PM me if you like. (Gotta look after the ex-Canberra girl!)

Cheers,
Jason

Those are the 10 he'll own up to, Shaun!

Hey Kim, welcome back!

So many good balls out there. This is a big question. It comes down to what you're looking for in terms of reaction.

Toon sums it up nicely. They're all so good nowadays. Even the "little" brands like Motiv and Lane#1 (who make a hot pink reactive ball that hits like a truck btw!). Seek out a good pro shop and ask some questions. Or PM me if you like. (Gotta look after the ex-Canberra girl!)

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Jason!

Not quite a welcome back (yet) but I think it is getting kinda close - my left knee is going to be the telling factor more than anything - it is getting old and rickety like its owner!!

The good news is that the local centre for me (a very close walking distance) is Mentone bowl, so with Warren at the helm I should be able to get some good advice from there too.

As for the equipment, I will never need anything too severe with regards to hook/flip reaction, just something reliable and a couple of good all rounder balls to cover a nice range of conditions - a good heavy hitter when it gets to the pocket would be good too! Gonna check out the Lane #1 ball (and NOT beause it is hot pink LOL)

I will definitely PM you when the decision time gets a bit closer - nice to know I am not quite forgotten from the ranks :D

Cheers,

K

Only 10 John ?
What are you doing.

Shaun

Hey Shaun,

I am sure there will be more in the future. For now I am just trying to learn how to throw the stuff consistently.

More than anything though, my wife caught on that they last more than six games. Damn!

Back
Top Bottom