Tournaments for the not so elite bowlers via sports series

tixmclaren

Sorry about your DAM luck
Hello all,

I have been bowling in tournaments this year for the first time and all have been scratch tournaments where you basically have to bowl the card (200 + average ) just to make the cut and\or cash. Now i am not here to bitch and moan about this as i know the requirements to cash before i agree to bowl in them and i am happy to bowl in them for experience sake but i have seen little or no tournaments more directed at the mid range bowlers.

What I am talking about here is tournaments that are designed for Handicap conditions and tournaments of a no tap variety. Yes there was a 9 No-Tap comp on recently in Windsor and yes i did bowl in it but i have not seen any handicap tournaments at all, atleast in the state of NSW, and i would like to see some kind of change in this direction as most AMF centres seem to be more interested in scratch tournaments with big names.

In a perfect world it would be nice to see not only a scratch tournament put together in say for instance the sports series where in the VIC sports series from 2 weeks ago there was both scratch and handicap bowlers bowling and they were able to select which division they wanted to bowl under and the results were 2 squads and close on 70 or so bowlers, surely this is a great way to go forward and both scratch and handicap bowlers can bowl together to learn from there elitist (if that is a word or even spelt right) bowlers and 2 competitions can run sisinctly and a ladder for the season can be put together.

I will put this out there for NSW bowlers to ponder over and i will also put this thread on the sports series forum with a poll for those to vote on what they think of it.

Regards
Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Back
Top Bottom