TotalBowling Not To Cover Rachuig

Maybe if Graham had taken my advice 12 months or so ago when this website was in its embryonic form, wrestling with the proposition of taking over from 10pinbowling.com, he might have had a set of tactics for generating enough revenue to pay his own costs, and maybe kickback into the Federation's coffers as well.

What a constructive post Phil. I'm sure Graham will be delighted to hear where he went wrong.
Do you have any words of wisdom for the webmaster of our governing body so that he can future proof the TBA site ?
Perhaps you could share your thoughts with some of the members of this forum; who knows, you might even be the new saviour of Australian Bowling.
Seriously Phil, one last thing - Don't call us....

Andrew S. and Phil - I'm all ears.

Keep in mind that I maintain the site and do not necessarily have control over the content. However, I'd welcome suggestions that I can put forward at our next TBA SM meeting in October.

Phil said:
Maybe if Graham had taken my advice 12 months or so ago when this website was in its embryonic form, wrestling with the proposition of taking over from 10pinbowling.com, he might have had a set of tactics for generating enough revenue to pay his own costs, and maybe kickback into the Federation's coffers as well.
Hows that Phil ? By running brackets ? I dont think you remember me telling you that they DIDNT WORK !! So yes thanks Phil for your input but ummm .. no thanks.

ALSO : as I have said before this is ONE EVENT. I am not really fussed about it and the site will continue to function as normal with the support of Dave at Apexhost.com and AMF.

Money

Money is the key here.
None of us that run the forums, totalbowling, ozbowl, TBA, Ian Nichols and many other people that donate their time, make money, we do it becuase we love the industry.

So as patrick put it, and I will make it simple, if you want more then simply pay for it!!! Put your hand in your pocket...( make sure you pull out some notes)

How we all organise the payment system is something we all should perhaps put our heads together and work out.

Lets look at making something better rather than blaming or knocking someone or something when they all do it for free, or in some cases it costs us.

Dave

Andrew S. said:
What a constructive post Phil. I'm sure Graham will be delighted to hear where he went wrong.
Do you have any words of wisdom for the webmaster of our governing body so that he can future proof the TBA site ?
Perhaps you could share your thoughts with some of the members of this forum; who knows, you might even be the new saviour of Australian Bowling.
Seriously Phil, one last thing - Don't call us....

I'm not accusing Graham of "going wrong" anywhere; quite the contrary, I think he's done a splendid job with this site.

The ways in which I can see total improving were obvious to me before the site really kicked off, when it was still 10pinbowling.com. Some of these may come to fruition; but Graham and I discussed them privately a long time ago; and I think they warrant remaining confidential, because some of them are commercially sensitive.

I am still willing to have a dialogue with Graham to discuss things further; but he chooses not to talk to me by e-mail, SMS, ICQ or the total chat; despite my best efforts at contacting him...the ball's in your court Graham.

Oh, and btw, I don't just mean run brackets and everying will be alright in the morning...

graham said:
Phil said:
Hows that Phil ? By running brackets ? I dont think you remember me telling you that they DIDNT WORK !! So yes thanks Phil for your input but ummm .. no thanks.

ALSO : as I have said before this is ONE EVENT. I am not really fussed about it and the site will continue to function as normal with the support of Dave at Apexhost.com and AMF.

Graham,

Anything in life has to be worked on. Brackets are no exception. They have been proven to work, and will work in Oz if someone is willing to spend a bit of time-and-effort for a medium-term pay back...

Quality.. not quantity

I was reading with great interest the postings in regards to the coverage of the Rachuig. I am disappointed that Totalbowling is not covering this event as they do a marvellous job and full credit must go to them. As I am fairly new to bowling, I have reserved judgement as to the ability of the TBA although they have my support in most areas.

One posting that I would like to comment on is
Mark, don't you feel that you have made 'double sided' comments. On one hand you say that you mean no offense to sub 180 ave bowlers, but on the other side you say that you don't need updates on the De Veere. Where did all the Rachuig bowlers start? Where does any bowler start?

As a member of the De Veere team for SA, I am very proud to be representing my state as this level, taking into consideration that I only started tournaments in Dec 2001. Bowling needs promoting at all levels not just elite if we are to become a recognised and viable sport in this country.

There are many bowlers out there, like myself who have seen only 'elite' bowling promoted and have not realised that there is options open to lower averages.
I agree with you that as bowlers and members we deserve the best but would like to point out that any bowler regardless of what level they attain are the best,, whether that be Rachuig, De Veere, Restricted Cup, whatever!

I think that as a bowling community we need to get behind all participants, regardless of level and get this great sport to the recognition it derserves... :D

Yes i agree with you there, but my point was that to gain much needed sponsorship at what level has the best chance at attracting them?......the the Walter DeVeer Tournament?....or the Rachuig Tournament?, i would say Rachuig, and then thats where it would probally filter down through the levels, get my drift here??.
Use the Top Level to market the "Elite" side of the sport, in wat would eventually be of benifit to the Walter DeVeer.
Hope i made some sense here its 3.32am, and im tired .
Best of Luck with walter deveer in Sydney.

Mark Foster

Mark,

It's good to see that you clarified your comments about the De Veer. Quite a lot of people that make the different De Veer teams from around this great country of ours do have the ambition of bowling Rachuig for their state but they have gone it to the De Veer to try to get experience. It's great to hear how well the elite bowlers are going but it's also good to hear about the other 90% of bowlers that have got an average of 180 or less. So please give the De Veer bowlers from all of the states the credit that they are due, they have made their state team and that is something to be loud and proud about, they might move up to Rachuig but they might not that is their choice but at least they are trying to do everything they can in the sport of tenpin bowling.

Good luck to all of the De Veer teams from around the country, I hope you all have a blast in Sydney. If it's like the past De Veer tournaments you will have a great time as well as forming new friendships from around the country, old friendships will be strengthened even stronger.

See all of the De Veer bowlers in Sydney.

Daniel "Speedbump" Simpson
Qld Mens De Veer Manager.

Interesting about the sponsorship comments . . . we persued sponsors for both our Rachuig and De Veer teams very actively this year.

We attracted 2 very good sponsors for our De Veer team and nothing for our Rachuig team.

Back
Top Bottom