Torn Thumb

T

Tam

Hello everyone,
just writting to find out what could causing me to tear my thum open when I bowl 6 or more games. I have had all of my balls redrilled because I kept on tearing my thumb open but the problem seems to still exist.

Im just wondering what would cause this to happen and ways I can go about fixing the problem to ensure it doesnt keep on happening. i have also started taping my thumb before I bowl which did help but it made my thum tear in a different spot than usual.

Im hoping to try out for E.C.C.C this year as it would be my last year but if I cant fix this problem beforehand I may have to sit back and watch....

Please help me any suggestions are welcome....

Thanx

Tam

where on your thumb

on the top (squeezing)

on the sides (squuezing or excessive lateral pitching on the ball or too much rotation)

on the bevel (lack of bevel or not enough reverse pitch or too long in span)

theres a few starters ya
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif

I am tearing on the inside back of the knuckle the skin has become dead so it doesnt hurt when it tears but I dont think I should be tearing at all....

I have the same problem except for i rip my thumb on teh top knuckle to teh left and on the outside of my thumb on teh side (i'm right handed - tip) And i rip it in teh 3rd game. Its because it rubs in teh first 2 games, gets hot, then just peels.

He's right that i squeeze, but thats how i bowl, i can't stop that unfortunatly, or i just don't wanna...hehe. But what i have done to fix it is get fake skin. You can get them at most pro shops, its just a gause and liquid. put teh gause over the spot that is ripping, put teh liquid on, let it dry and you could bowl 30 games without having any problem. and teh best thing is that its smooth and thin so it kinda makes you bowl a little better. Try it

Back
Top Bottom