Timmy

Easy Tiger

Hi all,

I am Timmy.

I have been bowling in total for 7 years now, started in 2000. For the first 5 years I bowled one handed, getting up to an average of about 183. In September 2004 I switched to two handed bowling after sustaining an injury to my forearm which made it impossible to bowl one handed until it healed. So to take the pressure off the arm I started bowling two handed. I brought my average up to 200 within 2 months of starting, and then bowled the entire 2005 season in 2 different centres with an average exceeding 200.. 203 at Aspley and 201 at Caboolture. My style is not as elegant as Belmo's, however so far it is proving to be reasonably sound and with work should progress well. When I've been bowling for 22 years like him, I'll get back to you.

In mid 2005 I set my new high series for 3 of 787 (253, 256, 278 ) and in late 2005 at Redcliffe set my new high series for 4 of 980 (216, 278, 266, 220). The week after shooting 787, I shot my personal high game of 298 at Aspley.

I've had a lot of highlights and good moments in that time, as well as some not so good ones. One that stands out for funny value personally was my 289 at Mt Gravatt in September 2006 in the Skins tournament.. went front 10 all solid, absolutely nailed the 11th shot flush in the hole for a solid 8 pin.. such is bowling.

I took a month off over Christmas to get away from the game completely, didn't go near a lane in that time. 27 days without bowling was the longest I had spent out of the game since I started. I expected to be rusty going into the Rockhamption Youth Challenge last week having not bowled, but instead made the All-Star team in a centre I had not been to before, had the tournament high game, and our team came 2nd. So a pretty successful weekend.

I have worked in 2 bowling centres, those being AMF Kedron Bowl from April 2004 to May 2005, and Aspley from June 2005 to January 2007. I now work fulltime as Trade Marketing Coordinator for a company called Trumps, I deal with customers such as Woolworths, Coles, IGA and Aldi on a daily basis with regards to business matters.

The other sport I have a passion for is Cricket, and I have achieved highly in it to date. I am looking to take it more seriously again in the coming seasons.

I have dropped back to only one league this year, down from 3 last year. With fulltime work and the amount of travel I do, it's just not viable anymore. That coupled with expenses, leagues had to give. Also need to be able to spend time with the better half :) Plus it gives me more money to spend on her.. not me..

That's me.

Tim Reichel.
Timmy

Back
Top Bottom