Thankyou

blackwidow

The Richlands Juniors who participated in the coaching clinic today would like to say a very big Thankyou to Jason Pearson, Brian Pilkington and Katie Wilton for all their help today.
It was wonderful to see such top class bowlers giving up their own time to help these kids to learn some of the fundermentals of our game. These kids are the future of our sport and to see them interact in such a positive way with bowlers who up until now have only been nameless faces that they have heard about was a huge thrill for myself and our volunteer coaches Lillian and Robert.
For four hours this afternoon I saw 11 children all of whom ave between 60 and 105 suddenly believe in themselves and their growing ability. To me this is what our sport is about, and these kids were stoked to think that such fabulous bowlers would be interested in spending time with them.
So from Lydia, Jessica, Tayla, Naomi, Carrigan, Caitlin, Shontel, Jonah, Christian, Mark and Nick to Jason, Brian and Katie a Very Very Big Thankyou :D

Blackwidow,

I would firstly like to say Thank you for giving me the opportunity to spend the afternoon with these great kids, which have so much to offer this great game of ours. I am looking forward to the next one and I hope to see the same faces there as well as new ones. I honestly didn't believe I could have so much fun doing what we did today, until being there right in the mix of it all.

Congratulations to a young Jonah, who won the main prize for the day. This young fellow improved out of sight from start to finish. These kids all wanted to learn which is great to see and made my position out there alot easier, and no matter what we gave them to do they passed with flying colors.

A special mention to Tayla and Christian as I believe from what I seen today they really could be some of the up and coming talent in QLD bowling. Christian I believe has only been bowling for 4 weeks and I was amazed to find that out.

In finishing I believe that there should be more of these events organized, and I plead with some of Australia’s experienced bowlers to offer some of there free time to help other juniors in there local centers. It doesn't take much to give up 4 hours of your time every two months or so.

Would just like to add to what blackwidow has already stated, was great to see Kate, Pilko and Jase giving up their own time to help the juniors out and share their knowledge of the sport. Jase closed down his own business just to be there and Kate cancelled an important weekend away to assist the juniors of AMF Richlands. Well done guys!!

Back
Top Bottom