thanks to the youth team

griggsy

I just wanted to say thanks to the youth team this year.I had a great time away with you guys and thanks for the hard effort you all put in during a very very hard week. a huge thank you too goes to garry.without your constant support our state wouldnt be to what we are now.we all owe you and yor family alot so thank you very much.

jason griggs
captain tasmania youth 06

Well put post Jason. The sport of bowling does owe to a lot to Mr Crick and the clan and everyone else that works tirelessly behind the scenes for our sport in this State.
Garry carries a lot of the weight at the moment and that is mostly due to the fact that not enough people that used to do it along side him or before his time (it's not that long ago LOL) got enough recognition for what they were doing at the time and for all of us bowlers that have gone away for State teams, we know what a thankless task going away with teams as a manager or coach is - spending all that money to go! At least the bowlers get the joy of playing the sport they love. The managers and coaches don't - they just get the frustration more often than not of putting up with pain in the bum kids (in all ages and levels of the sport lol).
This post is pretty off subject to Jason's I realise, but it's something I feel pretty strongly about and even though I know that I myself have been guilty of it in the past, we really do need to show more appreciation to those people that are willing to do things like this in our sport to keep it going. Because unfortunately it's just not bowler numbers heading the opposite way to where we want them to be in Tassie, it's also officials and people willing to put in the work behind the scenes.
Hmm. That's my thoughts. LOL.

Thanks Jase & Kase for your kind words.

It was a very enjoyable and rewarding week at Werribee. As Jason said, the conditions were not easy but the guys keep their heads down, worked hard and came out with our best result at Youth.

So well done to Jason, Damian, Elliot & Brahm. You should all be very proud of your achievements over the week and I look forward to being involved with you all next year.

Hey guys, i know im not part of the tasmanian team..but i feel i have to say something on this topic. As a youth bowler in the north qld team for this year and last year's youth challenge, i would have to say that the dedication from garry and his family is outstanding. i know there are a lot of families throughout australia that are heavily involved in bowling, but it is apparent to me that garry puts in all the sweat, tears, frustration etc because he loves the sport and likes to see others reach their full potential and without someone like garry there behind the scenes things just wouldnt be the same. I know for a fact that the guys had a blast and with garry as coach/manager/friend or whatever you wish to call him, it made all that much easier.
Garry and family i just want to thank you for helping make my first two years at the youth challenge so much fun. Hope you are all doing well, see you around.
Tiff

Wow, hard to beat jase, KC and tiff but i would like to thank gary and the cricks also. not only in bowling but off the lanes as well the support and help is unbeatable. They are always willing to help, many a time i have had the pleasure of the lounge room floor LOL! Thanks heaps to you all. Well done too boys, shame i couldnt have been there with you but bad luck got the better of me. Im back on the lanes now and ready to go, so ill see you all very soon.

Cheers and well done...

I also would like to thank the Crick family for all of the time and effort they have given Tasmanian Bowling. With out them bowling in Tasmania would be a lot less. Garry's devotion to coaching is untouched by anyone in the state. And this in my opinion is one of the main reasons we as a state still have Junior and Youth squads to send to away. As a junior I never had the maturity to realize the effort that the committees do to allow this happen. This is why i thank them now.

Quentin.

Back
Top Bottom