Thanks Oz-Tenpin

tonx

It is rare that centres will give anything for a high game these days.

Im currently only bowling in the Epping Sports Singles League on a Wednesday Night.

For bowling a 300 game, 2 lucky bowlers this year so far have walked away with $1000.

For bowling a 290-299 game, 1 bowler has walked away with $500

For bowling 280-289 a couple of bowlers have walked away with $150

For bowling 270-280 half a dozen bowlers have walked away with $100

Add in a couple of side brackets, and 1 great game will get you some great value bowling.

Ive bowled a couple of good games in the past 2 weeks to walk away with $250, which basically pays for next 10 weeks of bowling.

Thanks guys, this is great!

Tonx i agree. Started bowling at Epping a couple of months back and have to say the staff and ammeneties have been first class. I lucked a good game a few weeks ago and was lucky enough to collect some cash. Have to say i was surprised but very pleased. If you want a fun night with a bit of reward if you bowl well i suggest you come on down to Epping.

Phil

Where does the prize money come from?

Out of the bowls takings I assume. It is up to the centre proprietor to provide this incentive to bowlers and given the rash of scoring in the range listed I too congratulate the centre on having the courage to provide these awards.

Spot on Tonx.
I love bowling there as well as my comrads from sunshine that moved to epping last season to try something different. And since i have been bowling there my avg has jumped approx 10 pins and climbing! And now this season with the money for great games it will be a great incentive for more bowlers to join. Jenny and the staff are doing a great thing for the sport of Tenpin Bowling and we thank you!

It is rare that centres will give anything for a high game these days.

Im currently only bowling in the Epping Sports Singles League on a Wednesday Night.

For bowling a 300 game, 2 lucky bowlers this year so far have walked away with $1000.

For bowling a 290-299 game, 1 bowler has walked away with $500

For bowling 280-289 a couple of bowlers have walked away with $150

For bowling 270-280 half a dozen bowlers have walked away with $100

Add in a couple of side brackets, and 1 great game will get you some great value bowling.

Ive bowled a couple of good games in the past 2 weeks to walk away with $250, which basically pays for next 10 weeks of bowling.

Thanks guys, this is great!

wow thats strange considering narre warren had there 1st EVER 300 bowled this year and i know that bowler only walked away with $300 playing favourites much??

wow thats strange considering narre warren had there 1st EVER 300 bowled this year and i know that bowler only walked away with $300 playing favourites much??

I don't think it's playing favorites by Oz Tenpin... I think this is a centre initiative... I may be wrong but thats how i see it.

I think the reason for the higher money is because it is bowled on a sport condition. Perhaps it is because they, as a center, are doing well enough to give that sort of money? I doubt it is any more sinister that these...

I say good on them for having such a generous amount to congratulate excelent bowling.

Actually, I was there when the gentleman from Narre Warren received his money. In fact, I weighed his ball for him.

The incentives started approximately 3 months after that 300 was bowled. There was at the time NO incentive for throwing any high game, yet management at Oztenpin felt the accomplishment at Narre Warren was deserving of an award anyway and even without anything in place, gave the bowler $300 and a trophy. The owner of Oztenpin made the trip out to Narre Warren to present the award herself. How is that for "playing favourites much?"

As far as i'm aware, the awards are accross all leagues in Oztenpin centres (although i'm not 100% sure about the 3 new centres). The incentives are based on the number of bowlers on the lane, and there are 3 levels.

3 bowlers on the lane - for a 300 game it is $1000
4 bowlers on the lane - for a 300 game it is $2000
5 bowlers on the lane - for a 300 game it is $3000

AMF better be careful they might lose bowlers with those incentives in place. I for one might join a league with a normal house condition to try and win some $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom