Tenpin Sydney State Championships & East Coast Cup Roll Off

yes mills we had our first roll off last weekend 8games then we have our championships on 18th/19th and 26th june then our last 8games is on 23rd/24th july

Also i believe that the reason this pattern is down for the rolloff is because this is the pattern that will be used in Queensland for the ECC championships. So the theory is find the best team to bowl on this pattern, this is good in theory and i see it used more and more in rolloffs of every case but everyone knows that the way this pattern plays at Lidcombe could be different to the way if plays in toowoomba but personally i am all for this pattern being put down as relates to the rolloff.

Also the way this Rolloff works is that your scores in the championships go towards your overall pinfall as well as the rolloff on the Monday after the championships is complete. Now i think that the pattern needs to be the same throughout a rolloff and in this case it will be as the pattern will be used in the championships which brings me to another situation. My understanding is that the number of bowlers rolling off is in the minority to the bowlers that just wants to come and bowl in the chamionships themselves so these bowlers will have to bowl on this pattern.

Now i personally don't mind what is put down as i like to challenge myself but there will be bowlers who don't particularly care about rolloffs and just enjoy there house league and ID bowling on weekends and bowl in this for the enjoyment and may become disenchanted with how difficult the condition is, possibly not returning because of there mindset. Just a thought that is all, as i said i personally enjoy a challenge and at times i crumble and other times i succeed but not everyone thinks the same.

So going forward maybe there needs to be possibly a situation where a pattern is put down for the champs that is not extremely hard (and i am not saying that this pattern will be extremely hard but some league bowlers may find it that way) so this allows all bowlers to enjoy the champs and then the oil pattern that will be used in the ECCC thrown down for those rolling off. Now i know some will say that this will give an advantage to bowlers that cannot be overcome in an 8 or 10 game rolloff when they have rolled off during champs for 9 games but we can get around this as well by doing the following.

Have the rolloffs over 2 weekends with say 8 games bowled the sunday before the champs with the pattern put down and then on the long weekend all bowlers on saturday and sunday who are rolling off must do an all events in the champs with an easier but not house pattern and then on the monday public holiday with the pattern for ECCC put down again have a further 8 games rolloff.

This allows the league bowlers who are there just to enjoy themselves in the championships to bowl on a pattern that will reward there skill of bowling and it will also give those rolling off there pattern to determine there team selection but will not be detrimental to the champs as they will still be required to bowl in this.

This is just my thoughts and can be taken or left but after reading this thread i had to make a comment and also wanted to see if a happy medium called be achieved, anyway have a great weekend bowling this weekend and i will see you all on the lanes.

Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

The words House shot league bowler and Championships appear to be at odds with each other

Please find Champs scores as of the end of play yesterday.

Attachments

• DIVISION1_SCORES.pdf
    476 KB · Views: 68
  • DIVISION2_SCORES.pdf
    408.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DIVISION3_SCORES.pdf
    297.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Open_110611.pdf
    583.2 KB · Views: 87
Final Champs Results.
We will try and get roll off results up today as they happen.

Attachments

• OPEN_DIVISION_SCORES .pdf
    562.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DIVISION1_SCORES.pdf
    462 KB · Views: 38
  • DIVISION2_SCORES.pdf
    400.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DIVISION3_SCORES.pdf
    285.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ChampEccscores_2011.pdf
    296.5 KB · Views: 121
we have our last roll offs this weekend was looking forward to going 2 toowomba but too far behind so will just be using the last 8games for practice so looking forward to sydney next year trying out with the over 50s

Back
Top Bottom