10. Nathan Hindmarsh
11. Luke Bailey
12. Danny Buderus
13. Jason Ryles.

14. Craig Wing
15. Steve Simpson
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Steve Menzies

NSW forwards still look to light for mine and could find themselves in some bother against the QLD bigger pack again. Good to see Menzies make the bench.

QLD bench doesn't do it for me. I would've preferred a utility forward as opposed to a utility back in McGuire. The loss of 80 minute players in Price and Carroll could be the difference. However in saying that QLD by 14.

I like how N.S.W ditched Kimmorley for Asanta. The NRL have to get something back for their poor purchase. Why wasn't Johns picked? Was it because he can throw intercept passes just as good as Kimmorley.

Hamster
QLD by 7

i am a one eyed queensland supporter but gee that nsw team looks good, but when doesnt it i guess, but qld manage to hang in there some how. I think QLD need to get off to a good start to stay in this game

another note must be good to be a bronco, even though i am a bronos fan, i cant see how Dane Carlaw got in there. Danny Nutley must feel so unlucky, there isnt anybody more deserving than him. Must admit too, thought i would see Johns on the bench at least.

Anyways Queensland by 2

i cant see how Dane Carlaw got in there. Danny Nutley must feel so unlucky,

The criteria for the QLD forwards is size and Carlaw provides that and mobility as well. Nutley, although deserving is getting old and if you watched the Broncos in their last 2 games Carlaw has played extremely well. I would've gone with Cowboys Scott Tronc before Nutley. I think he's unlucky to miss out.

Johns is still under done. If the Blues halves don't perform you might see Johns in game 3. I agree that he'd be dynamic coming off the bench when the QLD forwards start to tire.

Blonde_brunette_lis said:
one question why is matty bowen benched?

Because he's more effective as an impact player coming off the bench in the second half. NSW couldn't deal with him in game 1. It will be the same in game 2.

I was there on Sunday to watch to Knights and Broncos match where Joeys spot was on the line. There was alot of pressure put on him, and he generally had a shocking game. Should have been put on report for a high tackle, through an intercept pass, kicked a few bad balls, he did well not to get injured though thats a bonus. Maybe he will be in better form if Newcastle can get 1 win this season come Origin 3 time he may get selected...

Gazaroticus Thunderstalks - I would've gone with Cowboys Scott Tronc before Nutley. I think he's unlucky to miss out.

Scott Tronc >_> get to right, its SHANE Tronc ;)

agreed Macca, look for kimmorely to be watching from the crowd - where he belongs...

Deadly Dude said:
Gazaroticus Thunderstalks - I would've gone with Cowboys Scott Tronc before Nutley. I think he's unlucky to miss out.

Scott Tronc >_> get to right, its SHANE Tronc ;)

:oops: Quite right.

NSW forwards still look to light for mine and could find themselves in some bother against the QLD bigger pack again. Good to see Menzies make the bench.

QLD bench doesn't do it for me. I would've preferred a utility forward as opposed to a utility back in McGuire. The loss of 80 minute players in Price and Carroll could be the difference. However in saying that QLD by 14.

yeah right, steve simpson is practically a midget. hes huge. and by the way game one wasnt lost in the forwards mate, nsw forwards came home strong and they will do that again. with a bit of added size in steve simpson. if you want more size you may aswell start importing mongolian giants to play.

if you knew anything about maguire you would know he is a utility forward/back. he can play anywhere from second row to lock right out to wing and fullback and everything inbetween. qld needs maguire. price is a loss sure, but carrol wasnt there for the first game either and they still won. so how could it be the difference if he wasnt there in the first place? the loss of one player doents make the differnce.

ill always back qld but i rekon NSW might just come up with the win. but qld will hopefully win.

Josh you're talking about 1 player. The QLD pack out weighs the NSW pack. Again the QLDers have gone with size and NSW has gone for mobility.

I know McGuire can play in the forwards, but he is predominantly a back. I didn't mention just one player would make the difference. But a pair of 80 minute forwards can. Whether he was there in the first match or not Carroll does add a new dynamic to the squad. It's just a damn shame he's injured.

I believe there is a strong doubt on Brad Thorn taking his place at front row. If this is case I would say that Danny Nutley would get his chance. I think it would be stupid to promote a second rower into the front row. (which is what they have done with Thorn anyway) There is no doubt in my mind that Danny Nutley would have more of an impact in the number 8 jersey than Brad Thorn will if he is able to play.

LOL..So much for your theory mr thunderpants you said??
NSW forwards still look to light for mine and could find themselves in some bother against the QLD bigger pack again...

Civoniceva = 110 Ryles = 113
Smith = 83 Buderus = 91
Thorn = 112 Bailey = 108
Webb = 105 Kennedy = 102
Crocker = 100 Hindmarsh= 104
flannery = 98 Fitzgibbon= 104

So who has the biggest pack and MOBILTY???

BLUES TO FLOG EM......................

Oh well Mr Tool. You got me with that one. I guess I should've done more research.

However, Bailey & Ryles have proved to be nothing more than cats at rep level and I don't see that changing. The only true work horses NSW have is Hindmarsh, Fitzgibbon and Kennedy. When they're not flopping in tackles that is. They'll be dominated in the second game just like they were in the first.

Gasnier & Cooper will be starved of the ball as Anasta & Barrett are running halves, not passing halves. They don't compliment each other. QLD will wrap up the series.

QLD 2 - NSW 0. ;)

At least NSW have workhorses which im afraid Qld dont.....
Webb in the run on side will be outta puff in 5 mins.....lol

LOL, but in that 5 minutes he can do a lot of damage. Ask Bailey. QLD forwards will wear the Blues down making way for Bowen and McGuire to come on and tear them apart.

Back
Top Bottom