Team NT

Serenity

IrontoSteel
Team NT fight fight fight.

To June Voukolos thanks for all the support and great job in selecting the NT boys president shield team.

We hope our third goes someway to pay you back for your confidence.

To all the other teams thanks for the great games. Special mention must be made to the high degree of sportsmanship shown by NQ and WA when we crossed paths in both games. To ACT and SNSW thank you all for your support.

Introducing the team.

Scott Johnston ( aka rock solid ) 2008 Shield All Star 1st , 2008 NSW open masters champion, 2007 National open masters champion. Illawarra NSW

Wade Selwood ( aka the warrior ) 2008 Shield All Star 4th. Orange NSW

Shane Hadlum (aka Romeo ) 2008 Victorian open masters champion, Only 300 game bowled during shield. Victoria

Rowan Chapman (aka Skipper ) Illawarra NSW

Brennan Kinninmont (aka the Wild Thing ) NSW

Ashleigh Bowen ( aka the Motivator ) Northern NSW

Ryan Johnston (aka the Dark Horse ) Illawarra NSW

One 300 game by Shane * Congrats in your first shield.

Ryan ( little bro) 20 over average 1st shield.

L'Capitan Rowan great team leader.

Ashleigh ( can't say more for his great motivational skills, he literally picked up the whole team every game and helped the boys to bowl their best )

Wade ( never stopped bowling even when sufferring physically an asset to any team ).

Shane ( southerner who bended well with all the boys. Started the team off in #1 position every game )

Scott ( got his goal of an all star finish, just went about his job "bowling". Anchored the team in 5th for 18 games straight )

Brennan ( carrying injury first day but came into team each time coach needed him and bowled well. His 200's on day 3 show his skills)

To Lyn "Taz" Harrison (aka Coach ) great job in making the hard calls and for showing the team that shield can be Fun.

Thanks to all the coaches and managers that made the shield enjoyable.

Special thank you goes to Marilyn McCarthy (SNSW) for her help, assistance and friendship for her ‘draft’ boys and I.

Steve ( Illawarra NSW)

To all of the competitors, coaches, manager and supporters who flew the flag at the Junior Nationals what a great job done.
Well done to the boys who made All stars, the 300 game and of course Australian Masters winner. We were very proud of performances by both boys and girls and hope that the girls team provided some opportunities and motivation for future competitions.
Once again a job well done by all and I hope that you enjoyed the experience.
June Voukolos

congrats to all of you guys, you all did so well and had such good achievements.
and rememeber all great bowlers come from a NT draft :p

Let me start by saying to everybody...Congratualtions!!! You all bowled really well and enjoyed yourself along the way...That's what bowling is all about :)

To the boys...

Ashleigh a.k.a Bowen - The head cheerer. Mate, you did an awesome job keeping the team going when we needed it the most. You did your bit for the team when you were and weren't bowling and showed true team spirit in doing so. Well done buddy :)

Wade a.k.a Selwood - What can I say. Like all the boys, one of the nicest guys you will meet and ALWAYS a true team player. You bowled so well and did an absolutely awesome job all the way through. Congrats on making All-Stars!!!

Brennan a.k.a Wild Child - Another great team sport. You did the job when it needed to be done and really helped to chip in and get us to the finish we got to. Keep up the great work.

Shane a.k.a Romeo - What a champ. You took every single opportunity you got and never looked back. Thanks for helping me, along with the other boys, in doing such a good job in keeping the momentum and motivation of the boys going (You like the other boys helped me when I needed it). It was great to see you bowl your first 300 as part of Team NT :)

Ryan a.k.a...??? - What a way to start with Shield. It was a different Ryan out there on the lanes when you bowled with us, and it was great to see you bowl so well and help us get to such a great result. You've got a big future ahead of you.

Scotty J a.k.a The Rock - The anchor. Nuff said there buddy! You, like all of the boys, came in with nothing to lose and everything to gain...and that is exactly what you did. Top all star and constantly giving it 110% (it certainly is possible), you really thrived this year. Congrats on an absolutely awesome Nationals and I know you're going to be able to smash it a lot more in the future!

Taz - The coach. You really helped us fire when we needed to fire. Thanks for doing such a great job in keeping us all going and thanks for the opportunity to discuss tactics and what our best options were. The plan paid off, Taz :) You, like Steve, had a few laughs at your own expense at times haha!

Steve - Great, great work as manager/clown (at your own expense a lot of times haha). You did a great job in keeping us going like everybody else and is was great working with you. Keep up the good work!

To June, Rob, Myra, the girls, the parents, and everybody else who helped us out and bowled with us, thank you for making this years NT Boys Team THE VERY FIRST BOYS TEAM TO GET A MEDAL!!! From lane tactics to team talks to jokes and laughter, we never looked back and I'm proud of you all.

Thanks for the opportunity to work with such a great team and it'll definetly be something I'll always remember as one of the great times I've ever had in my bowling career.

Cheers and all the best,

Hooroo,

Rowey :p

Back
Top Bottom