TBA's website...WOW!!

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Has anyone had the chance to check out the pics from the Walter DeVeer Tournament at www.tepin.org.au. I have just checked them out, and WOW!!!!! What can I say, they are just stunning. The site is just so easy to get around, with all the menus and absence of hyperlinks. I love the way that scanner makes the pics all blurry. Makes it look kinda nostalgic.

Congrats TBA on your site, you have really outdone yourself.

Shall I get you a saucer of milk Androoo? Or did I mis-interpret the sarcasm in your post!?

i know im not going to make any friends by saying this, but im going to say it anyway....

MY PERSONAL OPINION.....

ugly...
the frames are ugly and make me want to punch my screen.
an auto refresh 'web cam' every 10 mins? come on.. i can draw a picture of the bowl and bowling and whatever else is going on faster... (hint: try not refreshing the whole page, just the frame the 'web cam' is in.. its chuggy as hell.. and kinda looks amature-ish).
you dont refer to grahams site after pretty much abusing his forum to steal web users from his well established site, nice..
"live scores", "photos", "news" and "media" i think can safely assume that idea came from totalbowling.com.au right?

apart from that *its getting late*, it has potential.. the fade in is a nice touch and the backgrounds work nicely. i know its new and all that and im sure it will (hopefully) all be improved after you get more feedback/experience etc.

though i have one question about what you say on the website..
"Keeping historical records and statistics " (from http://www.tenpin.org.au/tba_about_us.htm) what is the point of keeping them if you dont display them? is their some sort of memorabillia wall or centre where we can see the history of our sport? if not, will there ever be one?

until it is majorly improved i feel TBA has made a mistake in not going with grahams services with web-site design/maintinence and even as far as the live scores and that go...

Back
Top Bottom