TBA Seniors Cup, Townsville

bm2

I'm still standin'
For those seniors out there who had been thinking of attending this tournament...... :oops: and for those forward thinkers who had already booked their cheap flights :oops: .....

The scheduled date for this tournament of 2nd November 2003, which was the date on the TBA calendar as at the 28/07/03, has now been changed to the 26th October 2003. The TBA calendar has since been updated to reflect this change.

:x I wish I wasn't so organised, my money would still be in my pocket :roll:

Broni

Me too, did you book through the "official site"? I think I did, I didnt get a reply, but then I didnt give my credit card details. I have tried to contact them again but am still waiting for a call back. Are you going to bowl in the nationals too? That's the nationals for "normal people" not for an oldie (but goodie?) like me! But why would you know, you young thing you!! Have you eaten all that chocolate yet? :roll:

Schedule of Events for 2003 Adult Nationals is still preliminary and will be finalised over the weekend.

I'd suggest you check back next week when "Preliminary" is replaced with "Final".

Thanks for that, Peter, I won't totally write off our expenditure just yet, even though Alex Popov, TBA CEO, was the one who confirmed via email that the date was 26/10/03, and not 02/11/03......

(What the hell, it's only money.....I will just have to send Jag out to work longer hours to recoup!!! :wink: )

Broni 8)

That's the story, or you could tap into his winnings from last weekend. LOL. Then again you probably scored it all anyway.

From what I understand, with cheap airfares booked on line, as from May 2003 they can be altered with minimum charge.

This never used to be the case until ACCC jumped on them.

then again, you probably scored it all anyway...

I WISH!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it always assumed that whenever you blokes win something, we women get the proceeds?????? I very rarely...., well very occasionally........, well sometimes....ok then, OFTEN look after the cashings!!!!! at least I am honest :oops: Never had proceeds that big to look after from bowling before, so it is earmarked for bigger and better things besides Broni's shopping sprees!!!! :lol:

Peter, I will look into the possibility of changing flights only after these details have been finally finalised...accommodation is going to be the real problem with the change in dates. I appreciate the trouble that you are taking in replying......thing to remember tho is that there are quite a lot of us who take the time to peruse the TBA calendar early and plan a long way ahead with regard to travelling to tournaments - our financial circumstances demand it - and it would be nice to know that bigger events such as the Nationals are planned and details settled WELL IN ADVANCE of the event so that those of us without sponsors and never dwindling bank accounts can take advantage of cheaper costs whenever and wherever we can. We all know of people who have cancelled trips because the dates have changed (or similar) and then they never bother to go again, and we should be about encouraging as much participation as we can, rather than making it difficult.........

Good luck with the NQ Youth Open!!

Broni 8)

Broni,

FYI, I also have to change my own travel arrangements as a result of these dates. I'm travelling to Nationals on Frequent Flyer points. A flight change cost 5000 points . . . ouch.

We're moving these dates to make it more attractive for the Seniors to compete in this event after ATBSO Intercentre Challenge and at the request of many ATBSO bowlers.

platitudes

Peter

For Pete's sake give the ATBSO a break, you had the chance to move your nationals to a capital city, just like ATBSO have so don't come with this "requests of the many ATBSO members".

At least your lot has decided to go to a capital city next year.

Were you thinking of the ATBSO when you made that decision too.

ABSOLUTELY.

The early annoucement of 2004 Adult Nationals was only made early as a result of ATBSO requests at the January 2003 Seniors Forum in Melbourne.

This gives the ATBSO a lead time to forward the venue details & options to all ATBSO state bodies prior to the ATBSO AGM.

The ATBSO INTERSTATE Challenge finishes in Brisbane on the 13th October...2 weeks before the TBA seniors cup....if those bowlers are prepared to hang around the State for the next 2 weeks, what difference would another week make????( I am assuming you mean the Interstate Challenge....we haven't been given any information by ATBSO here regarding an Intercentre challenge)

Still - its never easy to co-ordinate a large event and make everybody happy
, I for one know that I would not like that job, so looks like we will have to lump it.

I only hope that those senior bowlers who are members of the 2003 Walter De Veer teams, AND also eligible to bowl in the Seniors Cup are given a leave pass from their State team committments in order to be able to bowl in the Cup the day before Walter De Veer commences (not to mention those of us who would like to watch our partners)......and that Barry Davies can reschedule team photos ....and ASDA requirements can still be fulfilled by those who need to....not to mention the availability of squads to cater for Senior bowlers who may only fly in on Friday and who will need to do their all events on the Saturday along with the majority of WDV teams

Peter, I am not a trouble maker, nor am I trying to be one, and I realise that I have probably stirred the hornets nest a little too much with this thread.......but it is something which I strongly feel will have an effect on quite a few bowlers and may even determine whether or not they will bother to enter the Cup at all. Jag will be there, even if it means that he camps in the foyer of the bowl for the weekend, because he WANTS to participate......I only hope that it works out for the best, and that hopefully next years schedule will be worked out so that all parties will be happy, and numbers will be plentiful. :D

Broni Morgan

Back
Top Bottom