TBA AGM is being held this coming Saturday at 11am- please book your spot quickly

Interesting - there was once a minimum requirement of notice for an AGM - I don't recall exactly but it was certainly NOT just 48 hours. But then I'm sure the TBA wouldn't make such an error in giving incorrect notice and by doing so have the meeting scrapped as null and void. One might expect despite the TBA's rather more recent chequered history they wouldn't be that .................shall we say, careless.

Oh and speaking of "careless". They, or at least an association connected to them, appears to be rather careless with people. One person who has spent the last 27 years giving his time to an association drove from Melbourne to Brisbane to be at their annual championships - this fellow by the way had processed all the entries, as he had done for much of his 27 years of service, and there were plenty - on arrival he was told apparently that he was no longer required.

Very carless I would think.

I will keep this very factual. I am writing because I know many people were expecting me to attend the AGM.
I will not be attending the AGM tomorrow but I sincerely hope that other extremely knowledgeable bowling people are allowed to attend as observers.
There is a clause in the TBA constitution which allows observers to attend the AGM if granted permission by the Chairperson.
Unfortunately I have not been granted permission.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Jo Babic for all of her service to the game and for the time she spent on the TBA Board.

Best wishes to all.
Sean Gothe
Member of ATBC / TBA since 1976
Former ATBSOV Treasurer
Former ATBA Treasurer
Member of World Bowling Writers
Former Pin Action Writer / Contributor
Victorian Rachuig & ATBSO Representative
Too many League office bearer positions to list here
And in all modesty I don't think there would be too many people in the country who would take me on in a bowling knowledge contest.

In the 1951 movie A Streetcar Named Desire Marlon Brando's character has one of the most famous short scenes ever filmed, at least according to movie buffs - just nine words.....and this scene seems so appropriate right now.

Steve,
The man you spoke of above has been a tireless & tremendous servant of our game almost from the time a ball was first rolled down a lane in this country 6 decades ago. My sister-in-law is disabled and has bowled for nearly 30 years and your great friend's service to the sport (in many areas) is tremendously valued by all those who have known him both in Victoria & through national events. You summed up the gentleman's dedication in a simple but very meaningful few words but as we both know he possesses so much knowledge that he could fill a 7 foot book case with stories and events from our great game. He doesn't need to be embarrassed by having his name printed here because the people who matter know exactly who he is.

Last edited:
A fine summary Sean.........he is all you have said and more..as for those who turned him away...............................well what can one say.

Thank you Steve very much. I had still better be a little careful because people will question why I have suddenly become all new age - soft, warm & cuddly.
Being so nice just doesn't do my hard-nosed image built up over decades any good at all. I suppose I must be just mellowing with age.
It is little wonder though that I find Norman Bates & Hannibal Lecter far more interesting than an insipid Mike Brady (Brady Bunch).....and I haven't found god either.

Last edited:
I see the TBA has a new member of the board replacing Jo Babic who had vast tenpin experience - an ex rugby player - I'm sure that will be helpful. Is the TBA out to set some sort of record, perhaps more directors and senior staff than the Italians have had governments since the end of WW2...............that's 69 as of January this year - or about one every 13 months.

Go you good thing!!

Back
Top Bottom