Sunraysia Tenpin Cup 2013 May 18 & 19.

Dean

Can you or someone from the bowl contact me please. You have my contact details.

Regards
Ken McLachlan

I agree Paul but i think the entry fee was a turn off, not to mention all the other trails and things on at the moment. I'll be there and will support Dean and Ray as long as they run it but i think it may need some adjustments for it to continue.

This is just an observation but when the tourney was held in January there were 66 bowlers... There was a number of bowlers who said that they wouldn't return due to the heat and so on but would it be better for the tourney to run earlier in the year? As it has been mentioned the weather that weekend was abnormal and the humidity was high.
The only other option would be to have the tourney later in the year before the heat really takes hold but as with everything else, finding a spot on the bowling calender is hard.

IMO I'd run the tourney in January...

I would hold the tournament at a time when state team roll offs aren't happening. The tournament needs to find a time in the year when it isn't too hot and not to cold for all those out there that don't like the heat or the cold.

The other thing that needs to happen is that the tournament needs to have a set time in the year and not deviate for that date once it does find a good time. That way, bowlers will know at that point in time of the year, the tournament is held and can organise time off work or holidays or whatever if they decide to bowl in the tournament.

Notification of the tournament in bowling centres is key for getting bowlers. Whilst it may be advertised well at Mildura, how many centres have the tournament entry form on display for all bowlers to see or take a copy?? Answer to this would be that in 98% of centres would either not display the entry form or put it in a place where people won't see it or even think of looking for it, or they will put it in the bin thinking no one is interested. Unfortunately this is a culture that needs to change and when it does then numbers may improve.

Last of all, I would say that in organising a tournament such as this and any other for that fact is an ongoing process. When starting out takes a lot of work but when you get it right then the amount of work can be minimised. Finding as many sponsors as possible, organising the date for the next tournament, entry forms, etc. etc. needs to be ongoing. I don't doubt for a second that this isn't happening, I feel that more needs to be done to keep the bowlers informed, keep the cost down and to let them know earlier as some may need to book holidays or time off 6 months in advance to be able to bowl, this will help in getting more bowlers to the tournament.

Just my opinion really, Hope no one takes any offence to this. Just my thoughts.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Hey guys the Friday night skins have been cancelled :mad:.

However there will be 8 lanes available tomorrow with the tournament pattern from 4pm onwards. Contact the bowl to book a lane ..

Cheers Ray ..

now that there are no SA Rachuig Trials it would be nice to see more SA bowlers there. guys are always complaining about how there is nothing to bowl in, well this is only a 5 hr drive away. lets get behind this event.

Yeah, it would be good to see a few more from SA to come up now the trials aren't happening. I will be there anyway.

We were told this week that trials wouldn't be held. But those who made it still need to attend a meeting on Sunday afternoon.

For me personally - I have other commitments on Saturday night.

Brooksy.

surely a "meeting" could be held at anytime, just preferably not the same time as a major tourney. I would love to hear how important this meeting could be as they didnt even have enough people to run trails but this is for another post. Congrats to Michael and David on making the team

Congratulations David Altmann (Fish) on winning the 2013 Sunraysia Cup.
Matt Watson Runner-up.
Full reults posted tomorrow.

Rob

Great tournament with great people. congrats to the winner and looking forward to Jan Australia day next year. thanks to Rob and Lisa and the crew.

Congrats Fish on winning. Bowled awesome all weekend.

Thanks to everyone that made the trip, it was great to see everyone.

Already looking forward to next year.

Final Results

Thanks to all the bowlers that participated. It was a good weekend. Different finals format tried. There will be a change of date for next year.

Very disappointed with those that put their names down and then did not bother to let anyone know they were not coming.....common courtesy I would have thought.

Rob

Attachments

• Sunraysia Cup 2013 Finals.pdf
    222.2 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom