Sunraysia Tenpin Cup 2013 May 18 & 19.

Hey guys! Alicia here.
Help get behind a tournament designed for bowlers!!
With a different finals format to spice it up a little, the revised pay out is still better than most.
We want this tournament to be fun, competitive and lucrative for the bowlers but we need MORE!
If you are already coming, drag that indecisive mate along to this beautiful town!!
The more bowlers who attend, the more we can give back to you. Quite simple really.

Hi Dean,
I'm really sorry but I have to pull out of the skins and tournament. I have a lung infection and have been advised by my doctor not to travel and bowl.
Regards
Ken McLachlan

If every bloody bowler pulls out of this tournament, at least I will be there to win my money back.....

Its disappointing to see so many bowlers pull out of this tournament, Unfortunately it is the old adage of "LACK OF ADVERTISING"....

I have posted this a copy of the tournament entry form to most of my facebook friends but then it is up to those to support the tournament. With so many tournaments out there (every state except SA... Sorry, quick rant). Maybe although you are offering the good money some may shy away for it due to the cost of bowling in this tournament. I know it is the weekend for state team trials in SA but at the end of the day there should still be bowlers coming in droves from other states to this tournament.

I think a lesson to be learnt for next year is more pro-active advertising (especially in other centres) and maybe look at dropping the price closer to $200 to $250 so that it is a little more attractive to those bowlers who aren't exactly well off with money.....

Note to T.D. I will be there, and I ain't pulling out.

Just my thoughts.

SNEEZY

If every bloody bowler pulls out of this tournament, at least I will be there to win my money back.....

Its disappointing to see so many bowlers pull out of this tournament, Unfortunately it is the old adage of "LACK OF ADVERTISING"....

I have posted this a copy of the tournament entry form to most of my facebook friends but then it is up to those to support the tournament. With so many tournaments out there (every state except SA... Sorry, quick rant). Maybe although you are offering the good money some may shy away for it due to the cost of bowling in this tournament. I know it is the weekend for state team trials in SA but at the end of the day there should still be bowlers coming in droves from other states to this tournament.

I think a lesson to be learnt for next year is more pro-active advertising (especially in other centres) and maybe look at dropping the price closer to $200 to $250 so that it is a little more attractive to those bowlers who aren't exactly well off with money.....

Note to T.D. I will be there, and I ain't pulling out.

Just my thoughts.

SNEEZY

I think this one has been advertised pretty well, I have heard a lot of people talking about.
Unforunately the event calendar is pretty hectic in the coming months. This is the reason I am not attending, I have NSW open and Melbourne Cup in June then an Australian Camp in Sydney and Qld Ladies Classic in July and then Vegas in August. Unforunately I do not have a money tree in my backyard.

Can we look at maybe running this around the January, February time next year as this is a pretty quiet time for the bowling world.

My name still appears on the list. I sent a message to your facebook event page asking to be removed. The event clashes with our Rachuig trials and State Cahmpionships.
Chris Thomas

Hey guys, The conditions for the tournament will a basic 42 foot pattern with a little more volume than last year, Its the best info I could give as we run a phoenix oiling machine . . :confused:

pull outs and changes to the squads have been noted and an up dated list will be posted soon . . :)

Hey Bec, we held this on Australia Day weekend last year and had a 3 day tournament with skins before hand. 85% of the bowlers complained about the heat (40+ degrees with rain making 80% humidity was not ideal) and I had at least 20 bowlers advise me that they would not come back if it was held in January again this year. Mind, I did tell them that it was the 1st time in 10 years that it had rained on that weekend..

It really is very disheartening for us with such little interest when we have tried so hard to do something different and get the funding. I will try and catch up with all the bowlers this weekend and investigate/research what it seems we are doing wrong.
So far:
January is to hot.
Entry is to expensive.
Winter is to busy.
Council dates are limited.
Weekends available on the bowling calender are even more limited.

Hopefully there are no more bowlers pull out and we can all enjoy the weekend :)

Hey Bec, we held this on Australia Day weekend last year and had a 3 day tournament with skins before hand. 85% of the bowlers complained about the heat (40+ degrees with rain making 80% humidity was not ideal) and I had at least 20 bowlers advise me that they would not come back if it was held in January again this year. Mind, I did tell them that it was the 1st time in 10 years that it had rained on that weekend..

It really is very disheartening for us with such little interest when we have tried so hard to do something different and get the funding. I will try and catch up with all the bowlers this weekend and investigate/research what it seems we are doing wrong.
So far:
January is to hot.
Entry is to expensive.
Winter is to busy.
Council dates are limited.
Weekends available on the bowling calender are even more limited.

Hopefully there are no more bowlers pull out and we can all enjoy the weekend :)

Completely forgot about the heat. Or even march is pretty quiet and will be cooler by then.

I enjoyed bowling in last year and i would of enjoyed bowling this year but a little tight on money. Hope it's successful and can bowl it next year.
I'd say the entry fee could be around $250. March or September seem the best options

Deano, can you please remove myself, ash, chris and mike from the skins only. We are going to take a cruisy drive up this time and we may also be delayed in on our flight. We shall see you bright and early saturday morning for A squad :) Can we please be done by say 10:45? we have a golf game to attend to ;) hahaha

A Squad
1)Ashley Warren
2)Michael Muir
3)Chris Watson
4)Matt Watson
5)Andrew Gardiner
6)Stephen Carter
7)Tyson Carr
8)Mick Drummond
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

B Squad
1)Jason Strawbridge
2)David Sniedze
3)James Rice
4)Dena Buxton
5)Troy Gaylard
6)Steven Doecke
7)Carl Quaremba
8)Narelle Baker
9)John Caramalis
10)Peter Caramalis
11)Ian Strahan
12)Darren Bianchi
13)Brenton Davy
14)Joseph Moraitis
15)Alan Notman
16)Chris Hamilton
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

C Squad
1)David Porto
2)David Altmann
3)Ryan Burton
4)Ben Coupland
5)Ray Martin
6)Peter Emmett
7)Paul White
8)Paul Robinson
9)Adam Baker
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Regardless of numbers we will still be running this event !!!:(

Revised prize fund posted soon . .

Revised Friday Night Skins (tournament pattern).

Peter Emmett
Ray Martin
James Rice
David Sniedze
Stephen Carter

7pm start. $70 entry. 5 games. Based on 12 bowlers.

$70 1st
$35 2nd per game.

If we decide not to run the skins due to lack of numbers there should be some lanes available that will be dressed with the tournament pattern (have to confirm) , phone bowl prior to book with staff . .

Revised Prize Fund.. :(

I have decided to spread the cash and go back to a 1 in 2 payout so as to reward the people that do turn up this weekend by giving them a greater chance to get in the money. It is based on 36 bowlers !!! .. Any comments or input welcome as I can go back to a 1 in 3 .. So here goes .. Make the finals to cash ..

1st - $2250
2nd - $1500
3rd - $1000
4th - $750
5th - $650
6th - $600
7th - $550
8th - $500
9th - $450
10th - $400
11th - $370
12th - $340