Suncity Open Townsville 6-7 Nov

Once again I'd like to thank our sponsors,

Mike Carney Toyota
Strategic Airlines
Harvey World Travel
The Seaview Hotel
Gracie Signs &
Storm Bowling

Without these people this event wouldn't have gone ahead.

And of course a big thanks to totalbowling.

Attachments

• Harvey World.jpg
    Harvey World.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Strategic Airlines_Pantone.jpg
    Strategic Airlines_Pantone.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
  • mike carney (CMYK).jpg
    mike carney (CMYK).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Copy of Seaview Logo (18).jpg
    Copy of Seaview Logo (18).jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 8
  • gracie logo.jpg
    gracie logo.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 8
  • storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi all, another squad update.

Only 4 days to go now.

Attachments

• Suncity Entries.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 55
Hi Guys
PM me if you need a lift from the airport on either friday or sat morning. Depending on the time, I might be able to pick you up.

Dinesh

Thanks guys.

Last call for entries :)

Attachments

• Suncity Entries.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 39
I bowled on the tournament pattern in league last night, seemed to be some good scores across the house.

No surprise that Captain Asparagus shot 729 with his illegal Spider ball, that thing turns like Shane Warne on a 5th day SCG pitch. I think he will be very hard to beat this wekend.

I may turn up tomorrow to watch some the bowlers to play. It would be good experience for me to watch and learn! My first tournament in my caree is Xmas Classic at Tweed Ten Pin on 28th.

PS: What is illegal spider ball?

I bowled on the tournament pattern in league last night, seemed to be some good scores across the house.

No surprise that Captain Asparagus shot 729 with his illegal Spider ball, that thing turns like Shane Warne on a 5th day SCG pitch. I think he will be very hard to beat this wekend.

How's it different from the normal house shot?
BTW, he's not looking very "asparagus like" with his new haircut.

How's it different from the normal house shot?
BTW, he's not looking very "asparagus like" with his new haircut.

Hey Dish,

Lots more oil (volume and length), no free hook on the outside (unless you have the hand, or two hands in your case :D to make it do something).

Those that have hand will score well, those that have no hand but are accurate will also do well, should be some really good competition.

My prediction for the cut will be around -120 (190ave)

As for his new hair cut he looks more like an asparagus spear (sharp, narrow pointed head and long slim body) than any form of Captain :D :D

Mathew,

The illegal spider ball is the Hammer "Black Widow Bite", it has a very strong core and turns ALOT but it still isn't as good as a Storm ball

As Suncity is the last tournament of the 2010 Northern Series of Bowling, here are the current standings.

Just a reminder that the winners of each division will receive;

* $500 cash
* A trophy
* A Storm shirt
* A Storm towel

There will also be an Encouragement award (male and female) who will each receive a new ball.

Attachments

• Northern Series of Bowling - Standings.xls
    16.5 KB · Views: 47
My tip is for someone with lots and lots of revs to take it out. I believe it is an oiled up version of the Nationals pattern.
My tip would be Shaun Dunn.

Hi all,

attached is the qualifying scores from today's squads.

Scott.

Attachments

• Suncity Open Results NEW.pdf
    94.8 KB · Views: 119
I heard that there was a bunch of people that didn't bother turning up to the event, and didn't even bother to give notice of not coming in an ethical manner.

Robbie, as does any tournament organiser, busts their guts to put on tournaments that everybody is crying out for. To have 17 people not show is absolutely disgusting. I will be writing to TBA to arrange some sort of ethical standards in relation to nominating for events. I too had the same problem for Switch, not as bad, but it was bad enough for me. I can only imagine how Robbie is feeling at the moment.

If your not going to turn up - DONT NOMINATE!!

Ent Rant

Totally agree EJ.
Talking to Robbie yesterday, the event is going to COST him money to run. He's not charging for lineage and putting all the entry fees into the prizefund.
Hopefully there will still be a tournament next year.

Yea i was aware of this issue. When i figured out that i cant play this tournament, i did told Scott that delete me off the list. That is in good manner about not turning up to play but i only turned up to watch the games. Theres a difference.

People need to be careful about turning up, you should ask them have to pay it. Not you Robbie because it is not your problem. You have to tell them they are still paying it either turn up or not. I think it is against the sporting policy rules.

So, just over 40 people out of 60 turned up, that is pretty big to me compared to some events i know which got cancelled due to low numbers. Luckily suncity open is still go ahead. Next time we will commit to change the rule about attendance.

I may able to play next year if my average is up. However i am on tour next year either!

Hi all,
attached is the finals results for the 2010 Suncity Open.
A big thanks to all who turned up.

Congrats to Brandon Qualischefski for winning the tournament on what was a pretty challenging pattern.

Cheers,
Scott.

Attachments

• DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 42
  • Suncity Open Results NEW.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom