Sun City Open

M

Mysti

Congratulations to Brandon Qualichefski on Defending his title and winning the 2005 NHS Sun City Open in Townsville this week end, bowling a great 226ave for matchplay,Brandon drew away from the rest of the field with about 5 games to go,coming in second was Craig Whitby from Cairns and third was local bowler Gary Bailey, the best placed female was Brenda Carr.
I would personally like to thank everyone who participated in the Tournament we had 71 entries this year, best ever.
Thanks again everyone.
Judy Hunt:D :D

Well done to Judy and all her team...
A well run tournament without any dramas..
Congratulations people...
Den...:p

Well done to Brandon on yet another awesome display of bowling, and in the process becoming the first ever back to back winner of the Sun City Open. It was really good to watch (except when I was playing him :D ), and proved what a true pro he is which was exemplified by his acceptance speech. He also won me some good money in the calcutta, which was a very good thing, thanks Brando :D

I would also like to say a huge well done to my "BTH" team mate and roomie Gary Bailey on a great display of bowling to finish 3rd. Anyone who knows Gary knows what a great bowler, and an awesome bloke he is.

Congratulations also to Ben Coupland on a brilliant 300 game, with every shot being flush pocket it was really great to watch.

The tournament was really well run, and bowlers were well looked after with water and bowls of lollies behind each lane during qualifying and matchplay. During the oiling break in matchplay the bowlers were also treated to numerous platters of fresh sandwiches (free of charge), which was greatly appreciated.

Sadly when Brandon put his foot down on the Sunday I stalled it at the lights and got left behind. But as the saying goes "failure isn't getting knocked down, it's not getting back up". So I will be there again next year, and hopefully we can out do the 71 entries from this year.

Cheers

Steve Hunt :D :D

It is very uncommon for me to post on this site outside of the bowling equipment section.

This topic is one in which I have great pleasure responding to.

I am sure that everyone who competed and spectated at the Suncity Open would agree with me in saying that Judy and all of the team at the Currajong Super Bowl did a fantastic job running another successful tournament.

As Steve said, bowlers were supplied with sweets and water during qualifying and matchplay. Sandwiches were offered to bowlers during the matchplay break and all bowlers and spectators were treated to a variety of platters after the presentation.

The Suncity Open attracted 71 entries - this was outstanding considering the Capalaba Cup was on in Brisbane. If I recall correctly the AMF Super 6 QLD Cup held earlier in the year only attracted 65 entries. It looks to me as though bowling in NQ is very strong.

I would encourage southerners to travel north and give NQ a go. The people are great, the bowling is good and the fridges are always well stocked.

The entire tournament went off without a hitch. Judy, you deserve a big pat on the back.

Brando
www.turbogrips.com

www.brandosproshop.com
[email protected]
0411 659 225

Thanks Brandon for the kind words, it is greatly appreciated. And Congratulations again on the win for the second time round.
We try to make the Tournament as enjoyable as possible for everyone,and hopefully next year will be even bigger an better. Hope to see everybody back next year.
Cheers
Judy :D

Congratulations Judy on running a very successful weekend.

You should feel very proud on what was achieved.

Appreciation is a word unfortunately not said enough these days, so on behalf of all the bowlers thankyou, very much to you and all the staff for a great weekend.

The lolly and water supply was endless all weekend to all the bowlers no one could complain they were thirsty or short of a sugar fix, the sandwiches supplied to the matchplay finalists were great and the hot and cold platters put out for everyone after the tournament was finished were excellent all supplied free of charge.
I also forgot to mention how great the food was in the snackbar all weekend boy those girls can cook and also a special mention about lane 21 best prices in town for those people who had to keep hydrated.

Congrats to Brando on another fine bowling display and also Congrats to Gary
Bailey for third place not bad for an old bloke.:D

Lastly I would like to thank Katie for keeping us up to date with the scores on the weekend.
I also take this opportunity on behalf of Gary and our family to say god bless you Katie( my little sis ) and wish you all the best for the safe arrival of your precious little cargo in a couple of weeks Aunty Kerri can't wait for a nurse

Back
Top Bottom