stupid shots

i will start this off by saying what dean judd did today

he was using a 14lb house ball and was still bowling on average, if u have as many balls as him y dosent he use em or just use the bloody house ball

:lol: potter.

1 of mine would have to be:

Once while doing a bit of practise, i had my lanes on instructor mat.. so i decided to throw 2 6 pounders down the lane, Soon as i let go of them, they hit each other and went in gutter 1 got stuck on the left hand side gutter and other rolled slowly down the back. No one was looking thank god..

Anyone else done what i have?? I bowled a normal shot...well normal apart from the fact it went into the gutter:rolleyes: ... then it has jumped back out and come back round for a strike??? too bad i couldn't put it in as a stike:(

More than just a few years ago I was anchor on a trios team in a competitive scratch league. Last game, last frame, the other team had finished and it was only me left to bowl.

We needed 22 pins to win the game, and I had strikes in frames 8 and 9. First ball counts 3 times, so all I needed was 8 to make sure of the win. No problems I thought, this is going to be easy.

First shot went straight through the nose, took 4. Left the big 4 and the 3-9. I get the calculator out, 4*3=12, 22 - 12 = 10. The 2nd shot counts twice, so I need at least 5 of the 6 pins on the deck to win. All of a sudden this isn't so easy. I decide to go for the 3-4 split, and just hope for the best. I end up leaving the 9 pin behind after the 2nd shot, winning the game by a solitary pin.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, then snatching victory back from the jaws of defeat - all in the space of 2 shots. I spent about 30 minutes afterwards going over the arithmetic, just to make sure that we had won the game.

David.

Last time I was at Rocky, I left a 5-8-10. I spared it by hitting the 8pin, the 8pin flung back hitting the back board, bounces back and knocks the 10 pin which then rolled round to take out the 5pin. Everyone there knew I had the spare in the bag....... cough cough lol.

After league one night there was a pin in the right gutter at about 45-50 ft. Bowled it so it just dropped in the gutter right before the pin, and bounced the pin out, rolled it across to the pindeck, and knocked over the 2-pin spare.

Who said sparing was hard?

Full house tournament. Fairly decent ball- or so i thought, stuck me the 7-10.
Buggered if i had a chance of getting that....

Many a head turned watching my tunnel ball :p

(didn't hit anything btw)

Bowled like utter crap for 28 frames, couldnt hit my target or carry anything good, so I though stuff it, got my spare ball out and 2 handed the last 2 frames of the 3rd game ... 4 strikes in a row :( That was in a decent League, too, which made it even worse!

Funniest thing I have ever seen is Khanny bowling at Kempsey bowl - being stupid went for a shot tried to throw the ball over 2 lanes & hit the thing in the middle of the 2 gutters (where the bumpers are) hit the bumper & took a HUGE gouge out of his brand new ball. =[)
As for Mr Berriman -(bowlerX) I still averaged OK so what is wrong - no use wearing out the good balls for a poxie league with dry lanes- save them for comps & they last longer!!

Tried vent holes in my thumb holes once. All balls except my spare ball. Literally pitched the spare ball at a split and hung in the thumb, which resulted in being dragged 6 inches across the foul line before the ball finally let go. The ball hit the lane about 8 feet (2.4m) down the lane after hitting and bending the suspended ceiling frame. Could it have been worse? Well it was in the middle of the Melbourne Tenpin Cup! Imagine one of those scenes in a Western where the saloon doors swing open and the music just stops and you get the picture...

Tournament Director Steve Bell still reckons the look on my face was one of the funniest things he's ever seen! Needless to say, the thumbholes got plugged and re-drilled.

in 2004 Adult Nats at Forest Hill i was bowling in singles and i bowled the ball was on lane 1 & 2 and on lane 2 then got ready to bowl then i bowled the ball was heading for the gutter and then laned in the only only to find 1 second later jumps out of the gutter and got 7 was the strangest thing but hey i thought it was funny.
Chris

A couple of silly shots here to mention, both when practising:

1) Full rack of pins on the pindeck, a pin in the gutter. I bowl the ball at the pin in the gutter just to clear it, ball hits pin, pin bounces out of gutter and knocks over all 10 pins.

2) Full deck of pins on the pindeck, an extra pin on the left hand side of the lane in front of the pins. I bowl the ball at the extra pin, intending to knock it into the other pins and see how many I can knock over. Of the pins that are standing I get the 1-5 with the extra pin, the ball goes in the gutter.

Pin in gutter = 10 pins knocked down, pin on lane = 2 pins knocked down. I really have no idea how that works.

David.

I threw a ball down ... & as my coach likes 2 call it, I threw a "Flippa" haha ... anywayz ... it was a total crap shot ... i was totally crackin it coz I left a 5-7-10 ... the but the 10 fell down ... so I thought I was gonna b left with a 5-7 ... but then coz of awesome pin spinning @ the back ... THE 5-7 FELL DOWN!!! So I ended up with a strike! It was the greatest!!!!!! It was prob the worse shot thrown ... but hey! it was gold!!! I felt like a million bucks after that!!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom