Storm Storm Ragin Banshee

G

gmac

hey guys,
has anyone used a storm ragin banshee or even tried one?
What they like?:p

Hi Glen,

Yep, sure have. The Ragin' Banshee is usually the first thing on the rack in league and I often use it on the fresh oil in tournaments before the backends break down.

It's a light load particle ball using Reactor LT cover stock. The weight block can be laid out to great effect, but I would recommend using a basic layout, like a 4½x4½ with CG toward the grip centre and the pin above the fingers. (This is how mine is drilled.) This makes the ball clear the heads nicely and make a predictable turn to the pocket. A very nice piece on medium-wet to medium-dry and can be used from multiple angles.

Is this ball any good? IMHO, it's sensational on a house shot, reading the lane like a book and hitting very nicely indeed. I shot 1030/4 in league with this ball last year. One esteemed pro-shop operator in Canberra commented to me that he's never seen a bad one. Can't say I have either.

The one thing to watch out for is that if the ball is second hand, it may require a resurface and this should be done with Abralon pads. I did mine with sandpaper and killed it. Fortunately, I got it straight back to life with Abralon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom