State Championships

G

Ghostrider

Has anyone got any results on the state championships held over the last 2 weekends

You may wanna wait til State Champs has actually finished... still one more day to go tomorrow!

Did I hear right?????

117, 117 , first 3 balls of the 3rd game in the gutter , the fourth ball lobbed, bounced of the ceiling and the "bowler" packed his dolls up and took em home.

What sort of "bowler" would do this, I wonder????

A Bowler who is terrribly disappointed with the overall lack of conditioning

A Bowler who is smart enough not to continue to play on such a condition as he/she is aware that this will only be detrimental to his/her game

May i ask Popeye what you would do, with ur infamous knowledge on the matter

The conditions for the Championships certainly weren't fun to bowl on. I'm all for having tough conditions but make them tough because they are tough... not tough because they're too dry!!!

2 things I noticed for the first time while at Melville:
1- I never knew how hard a ball hits when the break point is at 15ft
2- Up until the weekend, I've never seen a plastic ball roll out!

Yes I know this is a bit extreme and stretching the truth a little bit, but bowling on a condition like that certainly isn't fit for a championships.

Just hope next year the conditions are an absolute shiteload better.

Popeye, you shouldn't be asking why a certain bowler walked out and question his motives... you should be asking why weren't there more bowlers walking out of this disgrace?

Hopefully its improved and the respective bodies work together to do something about this.

It doesn't look good on the state's behalf when bowlers compete but don't complete the events.

Luke.

SURPRISE SURPRISE, exactly what we expected, of course, everybody else was wrong, and this demi-god was right, so all the people that just got on with it and made the best of a bad situation are wrong.

As for "if more people just packed up and walked out things would improve" thats a great example for the juniors, if things arent how you like them just walk out, so thats how things get fixed.

Brilliant!!!

If I had known that all I had to do to satisfy my state requirements was to just pay my $65.00 and not have to bowl a ball you would not have seen me for dust. Bowling 9 games on what has to be the worst condition / maintained lanes I have ever seen really made me glad I had played. Not.

Couple this with how poorly the event was run and how late the squads were, it was amazing that more people did not walk out. TBAWA really need to have a good think about their ridiculous rotation policy. There are only are only a handful of centres in Perth that are up to scratch for tournament play and Melville is not one of them.

The bowler in question happened to be bowling next to or with me all day and I did not think he did anything that would warrent a comment or even raise an eyebrow. So the guy bowled a magoo, so what. Pretty easy to do when you are trying to bowl on 1 board and most of that board is not there.

And Popeye, pretty hard for this guy to have done all of the things mentioned in your post in his last game as he had already left before then.

I, for one, didn't mind the condition!

Well after a shakey start (482, 508) i shot a 651! (255, 193, 203) And was very happy for a 1st time at Melville!

Cheers,
BJ

popeye said:
SURPRISE SURPRISE, exactly what we expected, of course, everybody else was wrong, and this demi-god was right, so all the people that just got on with it and made the best of a bad situation are wrong.

As for "if more people just packed up and walked out things would improve" thats a great example for the juniors, if things arent how you like them just walk out, so thats how things get fixed.

Brilliant!!!

You obviously didn't bowl on the conditions in question otherwise you would know what each of us are talking about.

Would you bowl on conditions that could only be detremental to your game? A condition that can only do more harm than good, and have a very strong chance that not only would your confidence be shattered but also be walking out of the event with serious injury? I think not... and if you say yes you must be some kind of masochist or similar!

I'm with Steve, if i knew that all I had to do was pay my money and that would class as competing in All Events. I would be stepping off the lanes after the first few frames.

Now Popeye, as for saying that its not a great thing for juniors to look up to, you want the juniors to not be able to speak up for themselves? They have as much right to have a say as anyone else, as long as they have valid evidence to back their claims/protest! The bowler in question has more experience than anybody that was competing in the C'ships. they have experienced more different lane conditions than you could poke a stick at. If they say there's something wrong then you can bet that there definitely WAS something wrong!

So many low scores were thrown throughout the C'ships by scratch bowlers... If this happens because it was genuinely a tough condition that was layed out, then ok, accept it and try and find a line that works, but if they're tough just because they've decided cut back on the oil and you have no choice but to force your ball down the lane or use your plastic ball as a strike ball (and I saw plenty of people doing that) just to hit a side of the head pin then we should not have to put up with it.

You can have tough conditions with a fair amount of oil on the lanes!!!

I hadn't bowled at Melville in 4 years before the weekend, and after it, I doubt I'll be back there in the next 4!

After reading all that did the conditions improved and did the foul lights work the following weekend

Back
Top Bottom