Squad listing for VSS event - 28/6/09

Phil,

Sorry I haven't posted the scores yet, I haven't actually had a chance to grab them as I wasn't there on sunday due to a last minute problem. I shall try to get over to get a copy of the scores as soon as I can for you. It's not always possible to post "live" from the events.

With regards your questioning of the events, The Victorian Sports Series has been run quite successfully by Andrew Tonkin and Dillan DeMather for the past 3 years. They have both donated thier time prior and during events to ensure bowlers could gain the most from each one. The VSS has filled a gap in the tournament calander by offering more bowlers a chance to compete on conditions that are more challenging than normally run for league and some other tournaments. It has drawn consistant numbers over this period, with the annual 2 day final event (filmed by the Tenpin Bowling Show) drawing around 70+ bowlers.

This year, for reasons that don't need to be voiced here, I have offered to help out where possible by liasing with venues on the day and setting a calander at the start of the year. Unfortunately other events have chosen to run on the same weekend as a couple of our dates forcing bowlers to select which one they want to compete in. I think this is a shame for the bowlers, and has reflected badly on all tournaments concerned as they lack numbers to be taken serriously. We are working on ways to ensure this isn't the case in the future. The main focus this year is to continue offering good value events while we transition to a new model.

As for 2010 and beyond, a number of parties have been involved in discussions about how to make the most out of the series. Many ideas have been floated and there will be some announcements made shortly for all bowlers who wish to help support this series.

A huge thank you to all the bowlers who continue to show support, the centres who help it all run smoothly and to Tonx for all his continued hard work and assistance.

If anyone has any further suggestions, complaints or ideas about the VSS, please feel free to PM me on here.

regards,

Luke Adkins

One way to make sure there is "NO double bookings" on particular days would be to register the dates on a calender - whether its a state calender or a national calender such as the calender we have on Total Bowling website.
If the organiser of any tournament checks the calender and registers it on the calender,then that date should be secure. Then who-ever is going to organise another tournament would need to choose another date other than yours.
Just an idea.

Back
Top Bottom