Spiders

That is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to 'random'.

But I like your work :D

(edit: by the way, it gets better with the breakdance option... ;) )

I generally get to see them once they have made their way right up to my shoulder. Cutting up logs like wattle they seem to come from everywhere. Having a huntsman on your shoulder the size of a bread and butter plate sure wakes you up!

I generally get to see them once they have made their way right up to my shoulder. Cutting up logs like wattle they seem to come from everywhere. Having a huntsman on your shoulder the size of a bread and butter plate sure wakes you up!

I remember stopping with family friends of ours up in Violet Town about 26/27 years ago, and seeing this huntsman the size of dinner plate on the hallway wall.
Speaking of huntsman, one of my besties' girlfriend about 10 years ago used to live up New Norfolk, and she'd come down to town to visit us - always depositing a friggin' huntsman somewhere around the yard that had stowed away in her wheel arch.
I remember leaning up against the back of the car having a beer and ciggo one night and this ***** of a thing came running out from the back drivers side wheel arch, plopped off the back of the car and chased me down the driveway (legit).
Deadset, this thing was loopy as, and was after me for some reason, I reckon it chased me for a good 30-40 seconds along into Pirie Street before it got rather 'squishified' :eek:

Horrid, nasty creatures. I could tell plenty of spider stories.

Quote,Deadset, this thing was loopy as, and was after me for some reason, I reckon it chased me for a good 30-40 seconds along into Pirie Street before it got rather 'squishified' :eek:

They are fast little buggers as well!
One day at work a few years ago (that's funny, while sitting here typing l could feel something on my leg. Daddy long legs looking thing on me!) well back to the story, l was at work and we were out the front of the job feeding the last branches through the chipper. We all wear helmuts with clip on ear muffs and a huntsman had made its way onto the outside ear muff part of one of the guys. Upon seeing this l turned to the worker beside me and said "hey check out Geoffs earmuff, look at the spider," Goeff turned from what he was doing and looks at me and Shannon pointing and laughing at him, so the first thing he does is reach up to unclip his earmuff and say "what are you saying?" Well when his hand grabbed the spider and earmuff at the same time all hell broke loose, helmut flying through the air oneway, Geoff running the other way, the spider I'm not sure where, and Shannon and me laughing our a#$es off!

I assume most have seen the Lake Tawakoni spider web of 2007?

web_600x450.jpg

Thats an awesome picture. If i was there i would turn around. Spiders freak me out since i got bitten twice by an unknown spider when i was younger.

They are fast little buggers as well!
I remember helping Steve Hedrick (for those who remember that bowling legend) dig up his Hills hoist one day and this beauty of a Huntsman crawled out of the core of it. Steve tried to hit him with the shovel, striking the steel Hills Hoist in the process. "KLING..!" The thing was 4 ft away, "KLING..!" The thing was 4 ft away, "KLING..!" The thing was 4 ft away, All of a sudden, Steve's in hyper fast mode; "KLING..! KLING..! KLING..! KLING..!" It was like a Kung Fu movie!

Finally the poor thing slipped and was dangling by it's own silk. "Plink!" and the last we saw of it was as it flew over the neighbour's fence. Job well done Steve. He needed a rest before we continued digging. :)

Back
Top Bottom