SHARP YOUTH CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS

Graham

Staff member
2003 Sharp Plywood Champion Of Champions

Premier Australian Youth Event Of 2003

18th & 19th October 2003

AMF Greenslopes Lanes, 3 Chatsworth Road, Greenslopes QLD 4120 Telephone: (07) 3397 6191

Format

QUALIFYING
Bowlers bowl 12 games in one appearance. Bowlers change pairs after every 2 games, Even numbered lanes move 1pair to the right, odd numbered lanes move 1 pair to the left. Pinfall carries over.

FINAL
Top 12 Males bowl 11 games of Matchplay plus one positional round. Top 10 Females bowl 9 games of Matchplay plus one positional round. The Male and Female with the highest pinfall after the positional round will be decalred the 2003 Sharp Playwood Youth Champion Of Champions.

Entry Fee: $145 BOTH DIVISIONS including GST

Tournament Schedule

Saturday 18th October 2003
12.30pm A Squad Check In
1.00pm A Squad Bowl 12 Games
5.30pm B Squad Check In
6.00pm B Squad Bowl 12 Games

Sunday 19th October 2003
8.30am Top 12 Males & Top 10 Females Check In
9.00am Top 12 Males Commence Matchplay
After Males 3rd game Top 10 Females Commence Matchplay
Both Male & Female will play one positional round.

This event is open to Sports Registration Card Holders of TBA

PRIZE FUND MALE - Based on 45 entries
1st $1000
plus Trophy, Champion’s Shirt and entry into 2004 Tournament if eligible
2nd $800
3rd $600
4th $400
5th $300
6th $250
7th $200
8th $180
9th $170
10th $160
11th $155
12th $145

PRIZE FUND FEMALE
- Based on 35 entries
1st $900
plus Trophy, Champion’s Shirt and entry into 2004 Tournament if eligible
2nd $700
3rd $500
4th $350
5th $250
6th $200
7th $180
8th $170
9th $160
10th $145

Tournament conditions

1. This is a scratch event which is open to all bowlers who are TBA or TQI Registered Players and are no older than 23 years of age at the time of the tournament. All games will be bowled in accordance with TBA rules and regulations.
2. No bowler is permitted to have more than one entry in this event.
3. Males & Females will bowl together during qualifying, however they will be competing in seperate divisions.
4. Check in and briefing is detailed in the tournament schedule on day one only.
5. Bowlers must wear suitable, neat attire. Jeans, track suits, collarless T shirts or shorts (EXCEPT tailored dress shorts) are not permitted. If possible, bowler’s shirts should show their name and home centre or state. Bowlers will be not be permitted to bowl while wearing a shirt that has the name of another bowler on it.
6. All bowlers are subject to the TBA/TQI Code Of Behaviour. Unsporting conduct will not be tolerated and could lead to disqualification.
7. The Tournament Director reserves the right to check any bowler’s equipment at any time. Any equipment found to breach TBA regulations will result in disqualification with no claim on any prize money.
8. Should a tie occur for 12th (Males) or 10th (Females) after qualifying, a one game playoff and if necessary a further 9th and 10th frame will be played until the tie is broken. Should a tie occur for 1st (Male & Female) after Matchplay, a one game playoff and if necessary a further 9th and 10th frame will be played until the tie is broken. Ties for all other places will share prize money.
9. The Male Final will consist of the Top 12 qualifiers, and the Female Final will consist of the Top 10 qualifiers. Bonus pins are earned in the Matchplay Final, 20 pins for a win and 10 for a draw. There are no bonus pins allocated for a loss.
10. Any matters not covered in these conditions will be decided by the Tournament Director whose decision will be final.
Tournament Director : Sue Fryer

Just thought I'd bump this up again. Tournament is on the 18th and 19th of this month (which is a week and a half away).

Call AMF Greenslopes to reserve your spot.

Just a quick question regarding this tournament.... Have the entries for this ever been sent to bowlers in the mail for this. Unfortunately today is the first I have heard of the tournament being on this year and its a tournament I have always wanted to go up and bowl. Unfortunately, as its the first Ive heard of it, I will not be bowling. Is there any way that entry forms can be sent to me through the mail - ive currently moved out of home and do not yet have the internet, so unless I can get to mum and dads on the internet, I dont have access to entry forms.
I'm currently trying to get back into bowling, but never seem to hear about youth tournaments.......is there a reason for this????

hey all
was just wondering if someone could please post squad listings for this youth tournament.. thanks..
Tracey Madden
:) :)

Froggy,

In regards to hearing about Youth tournaments, they can sometimes be a little hard to find out about. Go on to TBA's website www.tenpin.org.au and look under youth ranking tournaments and you will find a list.

In regards to receiving entry forms in the mail, I do not know whether any were sent out or not, as far as I know none were, but there were entry forms in local centres here.

I do not have all the details for squad listings, I am sure someone will post them later...well hopefully :)

Hope some of this helps. :D

Thanks timmee - yeah i knew about Tenpin.org. Trouble is, yeah they are posted on here, but not EVERY computer has microsoft word on it, I have tried getting into endless entry forms and on my computer I am having no luck (in the process of trying to get them to upgrade it haha). Until then, I never hear about any tournaments, and half the time, I never see entry forms at my local centre (whether its because by the time I hear anything is out the entries are all gone, or whether we just havent had forms given to us)
Anyway there isnt much that can be done I guess. Thanks again

froggy said:
Trouble is, yeah they are posted on here, but not EVERY computer has microsoft word on it, I have tried getting into endless entry forms and on my computer

Who uses word ? Most of the entry forms I try to put on here are in pdf format, viewable using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you have problems using the site, let me know. 9 times out of 10 I can help.

Anyways - the squad listing is available here :

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/php-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4158

Graham,

I have tried an endless amount of times to download an entry form with no success, and I have Acrobat on my computer. Next time i try and it doesnt work I will let you know.
I still think entries should be sent through the mail - especially for computer illiterate people (obviously i must be one of those hahaha)

Back
Top Bottom