SA Junior Youth Circuit Results

S

SAJYC

The committee would like to thank everyone who showed up to day at Salisbury and Well done to Shane for taking out the Junior Div and also Well done to Lee for winning the Youth Div. The next tournament is on the 13th of April at Noarlunga and entry forms should be in your centre this week.

Results from today
Junior
Shane Williams-1287
Russell Martin-1264
Louise Ingoe-1139
Paul Streatfield-1055
Matt Johnson-1049
Rochelyn Czabania-1017
Lauren Mooney-945
Robert Elliot-891

Youth
Lee Hutchison-1213
Adam Wilson-1132
Adam Spencer-1131
Michelle Cottrell-1125
Ben Johnson-1089

Once again well done and thank you to everyone who turned up today and we hope to see you at Noarlunga on the 13th of April.

SAJYC Committee

Well first of all i would like to say congrats to Spence on bowling 256 then backed it uo with a 125!!! well done champ. seeing that you finished 3rd by 1 pin :cry: It's good to see your back bowling again though!!!
I would of loved to of been there today but you know how things go i'm busy partying in melbourne with princess noof!!! I heard that there was only 15 bowlers turn up today it would be great to see some more junior and youth bowlers bowling in it as a lot of people say that they wish there was some better tournies in adelaide well this is your chance if you guys support it it will be really cool!!! and the more bowlers that bowl in it the better the prize money and the better the fun. I hope to be at the next one on the 13th april at noarlunga And i hope to see alot more people there too.

C'MON SOUTH AUSTRALIA!!!!

I agree with eeyore.. And it's a shame you couldn't put your name to your post MELISSA PRYOR!! Slacka! When you coming home?? :lol:

Anyway....

We always hear of juniors and youth bowlers saying that there isn't enough tournies to bowl here in South Australia.. The SAJYC has formed to include JUNIOR AND YOUTH bowlers on a committee to make this circuit work to give you lot more tournies and competitions. And hardly anyone turns up! Whats the go! Everyone has a whinge, then do a no show at the first one. I have heard along the bowling grapevine that a certain TOP junior thinks that this circuit is a load of crap and waste of time. But then they complain there is no tournies to bowl here. I don't get it. This person isnt even bowling well at the moment! I would be bowling in everything I could to get my game back. Oh well!! I wish that there was a JUNIOR YOUTH CIRCUIT back in my bowling days. I for one would have been to almost everyone, but unfortunately we didn't have the likes of LYN ALEXANDER working their tooshes off trying to get something up and running for the bowlers. All you junior and youth bowlers should be greatful that people like Lyn and the other committee members give a damn and want to see Tenpin Bowling here in SA benefit from these people that care. Stop your whinging and get out to support the next tournament and make it happen for the other bowlers here in SA that want to bowl!!!!

:idea: :idea: :idea:
Show not just me but the rest of the country that we have a strong JUNIOR and YOUTH force to be recognised with!!!

Yours in bowling
Martina Smith

Sorry i wrote it out late last night and i had to wright it out twice that wasn't cool!!! I get back on 26th march on the wednesday night. I agree with what you said about lyn and i would like to thank her for all the work she has done it is great to see someone helping us out in s.a.

Martina,

on behalf of all the cross road junior bowlers it was unfortunate that we could not attend the first s.a.j.y.c tournie as we had the cross road junior masters final on. the date for this tounament was set long before the s.a.j.y.c was formed. looking towards future s.a.j.y.c tournies im sure that you will find most of the cross road bowlers bowling, including myself.

sorry for any misunderstanding,

matt kanafa

It's all good Matty!! I knew there must have been something on for you cross road gang otherwise you all would have been there with bells on. It wasn't you or anyone there I was talking about.

I know that cross roads has a good junior backing. With the work the coaches put in, hopefully the rest of the SAJYC will be basically full from now on. Hope to see more juniors especially from cross roads filling spots in the next tournament. And where is the youth? C'mon, I know you're out there :)

Martina

ps. - its all good mel! see you when you get home sometime :lol:

thanx very much mel for bringing that to the attention of everyone that wasn't there.. that bloody game cost me the tourny grrr :evil: ah well can't complain too much seeing i haven't bowled in 3 months and still managed to quite convincingly beat the youth state team bowler there, that said i wasn't good enough to be in bankstown earlier this year maybe now he'll keep his mouth shut so i dont have to shut it for him???? :lol:
i'd also like to add support to the circuit.. even though the tourny didn't have a fantastic turn out it does have a fantastic organising committee with people who are willing to go out of their way to make something great for the youngan's of s.a to bowl in, a big thanx to the committee... steve, lyn and co... and to all those ( without good reasons for not being there ) i expect to see you all at norlunga next month!! until we meet again ya'll take care now.. 8)

just wondering if its possible to get maybe a standings sheet e.g points.. and what points are being awarded for placings also maybe a schedule of when and where the tournys are would be cool so everyone can see what their in for and when..

cheers 8)

I think it,s good to see this youth/junior tournament program started and running, not before time too. It's unfortunate it didn't start 15-20 years ago when a certain person tried only to be put down and told to shut up by the prima dona's of commitee people back then, afraid they will lose there say in what happens with juniors.
I hope these tournaments will get more support if you want bowling to pick up in this state.
Have a good one.
Tony

Hey Spence good to see you back!!! and well done on your result not bad after 3 months off!! :D
Well done to all that bowled , and good to see that there are tourneys like these now so well done to the committee!!!!

thanks very much tash, it was good to be back, and tony your right its not before time that something like this has been started. i'm glad that it has your approval but does it have your help?? things like this need as much support as they can get from as many people as possible.. and i know you like to have your say so lets have your help too.. hope to see you at norlunga not just as a tech but as a supporter of a great thing!!!
cheers spence 8)

Spence,
All goes well I might even pop out to have a look in april 13th at noarlunga, I haven't worked there for 6 months now (need the weekends off) but as you know my dear wife is expecting around that time which could mean a different priority on that week-end. I will always support anything I believe is right for this game and I think the organsisers are on the right track. Just needs the support of the bowlers which these days is the hardest thing to get. I only got to bowl juniors for 1 year but after junior league we hung around to bowl game after game of pot games which we enjoyed just because we loved the game and competition , and it was fun.
We didn't have the chance to bowl in money leagues,under 25's, or even a circuit which helped the younger bowlers. I know money is a big ask for parents and bowlers to part with these days , but at least try.
I hope they use different format's , like maybe bowl 6 games, have one game of match play , then top 3 stepladder, just to please the spectators. Or pending on have many tournements they have, may a point's system which couldlead them to having a bowler of the year, very similiar sort of system to what the ATBA had over the years.
I can, if ask supply useful info ,if that's the way this youth program want to go. (a youthful ATBA)
Luck to you all
Tony

sorry tony i didnt know your not at norlunga anymore and i didn't actually know your wife was expecting, ive been lying low and not up with the goss but congratulations anyway :) hope all goes well and the timing is right so we can see you there at norlunga.. you have some great ideas both to benefit bowlers and spectators i think there's a few similar ideas floating around but more people involved the better and its more likely to succeed. but your right about the bowlers support.. so i look forward to seeing everyone at norlunga !!!
cheers 8)

If I can change my birth certificate I would bowl
:D
Unfortunately I am 24 this year , but for these people to put these things together for the junior and youth is fantastic and the support is needed I know money can be tight and those are just some factors but to have the junior and youth circuit to prepare for the transition to youth/ adult is great.

I found it hard to make the move and the saying " little fish in a big pond is so true" I bowl and keep getting better in adults every year , I had support from a lot of people and cannot thank them enough.

With the circuit it will be a little easier, so to all the junior and youth Bowlers if you can please support these tournaments the committe has done a fabulous thing here and without the support it just won't go ahead

Sunday 13th April Noarlunga Bowl 930am checkin

Hey Scott... And anyone else thats interested....

The details for this weekends tourny are as follows.

Both JUNIOR and YOUTH divisions. Held at Noarlunga Bowl, SUNDAY 13th April. $40 per bowler. 6 games scratch for both divisions. 1 in 5 prizefund.

CHECKIN : 9.30AM for a 10AM START!!

If you haven't already registered with the South Australian Junior Youth Circuit, you need to pay a $10 membership fee.

The payout depends on how many entries - more the better in both divisions.

So c'mon guys and girls both JUNIOR and YOUTH, turn up and make a go of this tourny!!

Yours in bowling
Martina

Back
Top Bottom