SA CUP ???

boybrowny

Big THUMBS UP to the organisors of the SA Cup and for TBA regarding the introduction of the new requirements regarding lane dressing.

The condition set was excellent for bowler development and separating the "men" from the "boys".

(This post is coming from one of the boys by the way - or perhaps I should class myself as a teething toddler from my results in this event)...

Even so, the condition was tough, but fair. If you didnt execute your shot well and hit your mark exactly - you got penalised ! If you executed excellently and adjusted correctly - you got rewarded.

All I can say is that the top 16 bowlers in this field deserved to be there (even Andrew Frawley who said he got lucky). No-one "lucked' their way into the finals - my hats off to those of you good enough to qualify.

I for one will be supporting this tournament again in the future (and as many other tournaments that meet the new TBA dressing regulations as I can get to).

I just hope that those bowlers (not unlike myself on this occassion) who are use to having a bit of an area and averaging 190+ dont get disheartened because they didnt come within co-ey of their average don't blame a "bad condition" , spit the dummy and not return.

My advice to anyone who is disappointed with their results in the SA cup is.. "Be better prepared for the next one and show 'em what you are capable of"...

Congratulations Australia AMF and TBA for running a truely world class event in every aspect.

Peter Brown

(if you look for my name on the standing sheet - start at the bottom, I'm not far from there !!!)

im a junior and though that id enter my first super six tornament because it was in my home state and thought i like to get some better experience about bowling and the lane conditions they use. i sure enough didnt average high or even near my league average but for them conditions i found it very challenging out there and actually fun becuase it wasnt one of them stupid dry or reverse block conditions where you may have to bring out your spare ball just to keep the ball from going right to left. i think i learnt alot out of this event and hope more tornaments would use a pattern like that as it actually tests the bowlers skills.
so id like to say well done to the organisers and also for the required lane condition too.
thanks alex

Back
Top Bottom