results from youth roll offs

*MELIZA*

hey everyone just thought i would post the results from our youth roll offs as they where today :!: :!: :!: there was meant to be 6 games today and 6 tomorrow but we decided to bowl all 12 today results are as follows:

MALES

Yousef Akbar
Anthony Hall
Jason Turai
Lee Hutchinson
res. Tavis Johnson

FEMALES

Clair Johnston
Kerry-ann Klop
Rebecca Cordes
and myself

i would like to say congrats to everyone and i know we will have a blast together at the tournie (where ever it is)

cheers mel :lol:

mel i hope thats not all that tried out??? where is the youth in this state gone?? and tavis bad luck on being a reserve you better check that there actually is reserves for youth like the reserves for rachuig roll-offs :lol: if u know what i mean ;) how did u make rachuig and not youth :?

have fun all and congrats to those that made the team

cheers spence 8)

Good stuff to those who made it. It would have been nice to be able to try out for it this year, but oh well, I made the first team so I'm happy. :)

It was a blast this year and I'm sure it will be a blast next year wherever it ends up.

It's a pity that Tavis won't be able to dazzle you with his custard exploits though, quite a show really. :)

The member's from the 2k3 team know what I'm talking about. :)

Well done.

On another note, I agree with Spence, the slow turnouts for the newly formed SAJYC are a testament to this. I know there are just as many youth bowlers out there to match the numbers the junior's get at each round, so why aren't you out there?

It used to be that when you left juniors you went straight into adult competition, which is, needless to say, quite daunting.

Now there's youth competitions, please please take advantage of them. It's another level to achieve before you get dropped in the 'deep end' so to speak, with adult competition.

Enough of my diatribe, well done to those who competed and congratulations to those who made it.

Thats right spence. That is all that tried out. I think it is a shame to see such a poor turn out, but then for those that didn't try out the question must be asked: are they interested in being in the youth team? or was there another tournament on at that time which means that they may have been unavailable? :?

Also, another point to consider is the drop out rate of bowlers once they reach the age of 18. Those that started bowling at an early age may have had enough or they may have gotten themselves a full time job where bowling becomes a second priority (pity).

Whatever the case may be the youth team is for people aged between 18 and 23. As far as I know there are a lot more bowlers aged between say 5 and 18 rather than 18 and 23. The important thing is that the youth team should be something that is promoted in the bowling world so that those who are eligable can try out if they are interested.

Back
Top Bottom