Results from the 1st fun skins/brackets tournament?

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Since Kedron has been postponed, anyone intestered in throwing up $60 for 6 games.

Venue: Kedron

Time: Probably around 2pm SAT

Cost: $60 which includes 6 jackpots for high game every game ($10 per game)

Format: Bowl 6 games scratch, thats it!

Prizefund: $300 for 1st, paying down from there pending entries. I"ll be running $5 brackets as well for people who want to try them out.

Let me know what you think, I'll spread the word in Hervey Bay

george would love too but i will be at milton bowling in mary's have a ball, if you dont get the numbers come to milton and run some brackets.

Hey Bfcc,
What are the squad times on sat. for have ball?Here is my E-mail [email protected] , let us know and will get in contact with mary.
cheers
Tryhard

Great idea geo.Just want to know how many do you need to get the $300? How much is kedron charging for the games? Can't make the 2pm start. I as well will be at twin tour at milton on sunday,working sat. Does this tell u something? There's apporx 10-15 guys & girls who would compete at anytime on any of the circuits yet they choose to bowl on the twin tour. 10games for $65 with a payout in a handicap div($250 for first,pays 1 in every 3) & a scr div($70 for first,pays 1 in every apporx 6). Just food for thought.Congrats on the 300 in bankstown.
HAMO
Tony Hamilton

I still can't understand why scratch bowlers would rather both at Milton than at Kedron, there was no comparison in prize fund. Anyway......

I won't run the brackets 6 gamer next weekend as planned unless 14 other people beg me to (don't think that will happen). I"ll postpone for a rainy weekend when nothing is on. It's a simple tournie, a lot of fun and more of a regular social event instead of bowling for big money.

He is the prizefund based on 15 bowlers paying $60 each. 1st $180, 2nd $120, 3rd $100, 4th $80 as well as $10 per game for the high game. Plus I"ll run brackets on the side for some fun.

Like I said, I"ll postpone it for a rainy day. I might even go over to Milton for a look, it is shaping up as one of the biggest tournaments of the year. God help us scratch bowlers if Mary ups the prizefund and invites interstaters, they will have fields of 150+ when we struggle to get 90 to a National event.

See you in Hervey Bay...........

hi george you ask the question why bowl marys havaball instead of kedron ?

i think it has alot to do with entry fees ,i know the payouts aren't great but if you have a bad day it will only cost $65 and you get 10 games practise and have a great time catching up with old friends. but go to a tournament put up $150-$170 have a bad and you are going to struggle to show up at the next one.

IT'S ON THIS WEEKEND!!!! Due the vacant weekend coming up and basically me having nothing to do, I'll run this tournament this Saturday the 25th August at Kedron.

Start time is 3.00pm and should last about 2 hours. Let me know if your interested on here, the more the merrier. Like I said it's not a huge money making thing, more of a social gathering involving some money being thrown over the table.

$60 for 6 games, all we need is 15 people to have the prizefund I advertised comfirmed. 1st $180, 2nd $120, 3rd $100, 4th $80

I'll run brackets on the side as well. Hope to see you there!!!!! If anyone has any queries they can ring me on 0417613010 or email me at [email protected]

George
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah George count me in!!!!!! This is exactly what we need to do with this sport.A good social gathering and still be able to try and win a little bit of money on the side.Just a couple of questions George.
1) What is the max. amount of ppl can bowl?
2) If u get a good turn out r u going to pay down more places?(without going top heavy)
3) If u get say 50 ppl to bowl r Kedron still going to hold it at 3pm?

Hope u get a good reply from this George, I think it is a good idea.And maybe if this works then it is something to be looked at by many!!!!!!!

CHOW..

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Dwambo, I envisage getting only 15-20 to people. The prizefund was based on 15, any more than and I'll pay down further and leave first as it is. Like I said before, more of a social gathering than anything, the more the more fun. I am not setting a limit to the number of bowlers who can bowl, Kedron assures me they can cater for our needs, at the moment I have 8 lanes reserved.

They have said 20 bowlers the game fee's are $3.60, any less we'll be stung $4.00. I guess it's up to the people to support it or not. I based the prizefund on $4.00 games, any less and it's more money for the prizefund. The start time has changed a little so we don't run into too many parties.

Because Kedron is synthetic now and has a new oiling machine it offers a mystery condition which Mark assures me should be fair to both sides. Should be a lot of fun, a Macca's down the road, we can all have McFlurry's to discuss how the tournament went after.

I hope it work's, this happens just about every weekend in Vegas and whilst you don't make a killing out of it, it's a lot of fun without too much expense. We'll see how it goes, I'll run more towards the end if nothing is on (by the looks of the tournament calender though there won't be much room).

Hope to see you there

JUST A REMINDER THE NEW TIME IS 4.00PM, 3.30pm check in please.
icon_cool.gif

hi george you can count dave hardy and myself in, hope you get plenty bowlers.one thing though instead of going up to macca's why not just have a drink at kedron they have a nice garden area out the back. lets thank them for having the tournament and hopefully they might remember this if we want to run another later in the year.(never know might lead to cheaper games)

see u all there, lets give george some support after all he is trying to do the right thing for the bowlers!!

3 days to go and we have already 10 bowlers! I've dropped 1st to $140 so we can pay 1:3, here is the new prizefund

1st $140, 2nd $120, 3rd $100, 4th $80, 5th $40 plus every game is worth a $10 jackpot irrelevant of score.

It's only based on 15, I feel this is an acheivable target. Here is the money break down just in case people suspect I'm in it for some money on the side.

15 bowlers @ $60.00 = $900

- Game costs of 15 x 6 games = 90 games @ 4.00 a game = $360

Balance = $540.00

6 high games @ $10 = $60 + placings 1st $140, 2nd $120, 3rd $100, 4th $80, 5th $40

Totals $540.00

This tournament should be a lot of FUN, tell your friends and see you there at 3.30pm. Remember if we jag 20 bowlers, the game rate goes down to $3.60 and MORE money gets paid out to the bowlers.

G
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Have fun people.
George give us a bit more notice next time
icon_biggrin.gif
,will not be able to make it (I start work at 4pm
icon_mad.gif
).
How about some results from the day???
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Anyway have fun on the condition(You will be punished for poor shots,which is good).
One last thing george don't hurt yourself.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
lol.
Till next time
Tryhard

Gday George,
Just wanting to know how many are bowling and are there any dress regulations for a fun sniks event??????
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

Cheers Dwambo
icon_biggrin.gif

Well after a tough set of 6 games moving every game, Dwambo came up trumps over the field. Here the results, thanks to the guys at Kedron who re-oiled and washed especially for us. I'll let everyone know when the next one is one.

Final Placings 1st Dwambo, 2nd George F (me), 3rd Dave Hardy

Skins

1st game - Jason
2nd game - George
3rd game - Dwambo
4th game - Dwambo
5th Game tie John Filko and Jason
6th game - George

Just a quick note to say well done George. For those of us that showed it was a great success. Well done and I look forward to the next one.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_cool.gif

Gday,
Yes well done George, and toall that showed up a big thanks.This was something different and fun.Just ended up with a small turnout be we still all sat and had a beer afterwards and this made it a good afternoon.
Hopefully the next one we can get more ppl to join in.

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

hi all , just wanted to thank george and all the guys that showed up , a good day was had by all and lets try to get another one going shortly.

yeah im sorry I missed this one guys .. but for sure i'll attempt to make the next one .. Kedron ought to be congratulated for accomodating such a small number of bowlers by washing and oiling .. thank you to them.

Back
Top Bottom