Reamergance of Rocky Bowl

Magpie

Oh no...another Leftie!
A little birdie told me there was a nice little 990 odd series bowled on Thursday night by one of the "senior" bowlers! ;) and the "new" tech is taking all the credit for the lane conditions :bullrider:

Gary, are you trying to be funny, or just stiring.
The lanes are Rockingham have been great, bar one or two nights all year. New tech has nothing to do with it. Who was the player, I'd like to see that.
brenda

Ok guys lets put everything into proper proportion, with a touch of realism.
Yes 991 without handicap didn't know I had a handicap wish I did, but when you are on a roll it all seems easier, we all can testify to that, and no 300 games as I have heard someone mentioned I bowled.

Thursday singles and Classic Doubles had a 3 part solution to the problems that has plagued Thursday nights on and off for some time now as the tell tale signs have been emerging of a downward spiral in the conditions, offspot pins, dropping pins, 5 pin sliding to the 7 and 10 pin positions, balls trying to break 2 or 3 times down the lane and then end up sliding through leaving anything you wanna guess at. With the top 6 or 7 average bowlers only getting 1 X 200 game between them 2 weeks ago, in a 3 game series, something had to be a miss.
So having a competent tech who looked at the problems, thought about the solution and pro-actively went about to solve it based on knowledge and not on emotional knee jerk reactive pressures was the difference in the lanes, he likes to be anonymous and stay in the background quietly so we won't mention his name...yeah right...thanks Steve. After discussions with knowledgable bowlers and being more than a competent bowler himself, he had a decent condition layed down where people weren't simply chucking and hoping, but could rely on their techniques, and not get crucified for making a good shot.
Finally getting the Kegel serviced correctly, thanks Mark, with it not leaving nice little surprises on the lanes.
So all in all what was needed was not someone to do things revolutionary but to do them correctly, and just do them, like cleaning and maintaining the lanes properly, so the patterns were not to blame or incorrect, but what the pattern was being laid on and what it was being laid by, once they were addressed all was good.

Thursday night arguably is the premier bowling night at Rockingham, with a wide cross section of bowlers and techniques, get that night right and the rest will be good.
It also must be said last Thursday was one of the very few I can remember where there were no backend problems, maybe one trouble bell I heard but that was it....all I can say is good onya Steve hope you get free reign to train the new techs.

Gee, that's a bit sad Paul. Years of psychotherapy just for going to Cannington. Better not ask him to go to Craigie then. One day there and all sharp and pointy objects would have to be moved out of easy reach.

Nice bowling anyway.

Steve J

Better not ask him to go to Craigie then. One day there and all sharp and pointy objects would have to be moved out of easy reach.
Steve J
Would that be before or after the lane conditions 'changed', Steve? :cool:
Nice bowling, Paul. :)

Dont go there Carl!!!....However Mike Muir 279, 265, 245....789 now that is some bowling!! Baron

Hmmmm....just got me thinking! Tech away for over a week.......lanes were to say the least...challenging :surrender: He comes back....and bowls nearly 700 for 3.....interesting! :busted2:

Back
Top Bottom